Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

can i get pregnant after 2weeks baby brandon was born?

hi
i just had my lovley baby boy 2weeks ago and he is adorable.hubby and i want to have sex again and we want another baby aswell(it is not planned for another 18month)but we said when its happen it happen.coz we dont like condoms,
can anyone tell me how fast u can get pregnant after giving birth?

thanks ladies for your help

love eve n brandon xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi both
    Gem - that is a story and a half, you're friend is brave!!
    Eve - I agree with Gem, fertility is at it's highest after you have just given birth. If you are breastfeeding it's meant to be harder to fall but you will find stories all over of mums who were breastfeeding and thought they wouldn't get pregnant and did. If you are thinking about an 18 month gap I would suggest you talk to your GP about the best method of contraception between now and then.
    Good luck - and hope you and Brandon are doing well
    Tracey
    xxx
  • Options
    hi eve,

If you are fullly bf then you shouldnt get preg but i know that some people have. Also my mw said that up until 3 weeks after the birth you can not get preg but after this time you will need to take conctraceptive unless you want to get preg again. If you dont want to get preg again that quick i was just go back to the pill for months until you decide the time is right and a pill that still has regular cicles so that you know where you are.

I am exactly the same as you i would love to have another baby now my lo is 8 weeks old and i did from about 2 weeks old but i am now going to wait 1 year before we start trying again so i can get some sleep back.

Good luck to you whatever you decide x
  • Options
    Im impressed youre thinking of sex 2 weeks after giving birth image
  • Options
    I thought it was 21 days after you'd given birth and not breastfeeding, but the twins story had proved this must be wrong? If you are breastfeeding you can take the mini pill or have a coil? Or as you want to concieve again within the nxt couple of years you could always try natural family planning? We have been doing it for nearly 4 months now and I've not fallen pregnant.....yet! But if I were to it would'nt be the end of the world as we want to try for another soon ish aswell. You have to be quite strict with yourself but I like the idea of not having to wait for ne sinthetic(spelling!) hormones to leave my system b4 trying again and I'll know exactly when my most fertile times are. Hope this helps, Sarah x x x