Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Been ttc for 6 months and have a few questions to ask please

Hello All,
Im new here as u all probably know lol.
I have a few questions i would like to ask i hope you dont think im rude for just coming straight on and asking my questions.

I had a MC on the 1st of january this year after coming off the pill in november. i now havent been able to fall pregnant. so i was wondering if the pill could still be in my system a litle bit? i know people say u can fall pregnant straight after coming off of the pill but is this the case in all women?

Im now get angry because i had my cycle to a tee. but the last 2 months my period has been all over the place and my cycle seems to be getting longer and longer. why do you think this is?

Im starting to feel really drained by ttc now and last month i got so upset when found out i wasnt pregnant that i had to cry about it.well sob infact lol
For the last two months when my period has been late my feelings have been all over the place for about a week before, i cry at the drop of a hat. is there anything i can do to try and stop this or do i just have to put up it lol? does anyone else become really tearful coz i never have before lol.
I was really just looking for somewhere i could come to where people understand the way that im feeling because ttc as i have found out he a long and very hard process which isnt always nice.
Anyway i will look forward to talkin to you all soon.
Sorry my post is long i hope none of you mind
Dani
xxxx:\(

Replies

• Options
    Hi dani,

im new to this ttc so cant really offer any advice, but just wanted to say hello and welcome to the site.
    theres quite a few people on here who have been through similar experiences and im sure they'll be in touch to tell you its all perfectly normal! (if not stressful and unsetting)
    big hugs hon, i hope you get some good news soon, and feel a bit more positive x
  • Options
    hi dani, i hope you find this site really useful. i had mmc in april and we are ttc again. i find my emotions are all over the place, but think its because want to get pregnant again quite soon. as for the pill in your system i dont think it would be in that long.
    as with your periods prob your whole system settling down after mc.
    i really hope you have happy news soon.
    love becs xx
  • Options
    thank you all for your lovely post its nice to finally talk to people hat understand! xx
  • Options
    Hi Danix

After I came off the contraception my periods didn't come back for around 4 months so I went and saw a herbalist and after a month they were like clock work amazing. Then when I was TTC it just wasn't happening with the old lets relax and see what happens senarios (what a load of crap that is), so I then thought this needs more effort I worked out my dates looked for the clear ovulation discharge and only had sex on those days that month which was 2 and bang I got pregnant wish I'd tried that earliert! Hope that helps. I also booked a snowboarding holiday and planned some things that I couldn't do if pregnant so I had something to look forward to and getting pregnant was,'t taking over my life. I think it took the pressure off and helped. My OH went snowboarding without me as I was 4 months typical LOL!
  • Options
    Hi Dani

Just thought I would say hello as I am currently going slightly insane too. I had a mc at the end of Jan and my o/h decided we should wait, I think he has been right but six months is perhaps a bit long especially as well aware it could take an age. We have decide dto officially start ttc in August while on holiday although not being overly careful at the moment!!!

I have a lovely three year old and was so lucky to get pregnant first month after coming off pill, it was all stress free till the birth but that's a different story and thanks to a naff midwife!!! I wish I could be so inniocent this time!!! I have shed lots of tears over the last six months, some about the m/c and some about the sheer thought of having to wait to ttc and the fact it might not happen!!!! My afs used to be really regular almost to the hour and since m/c have been between 25 and 28 days so who knows what goes on with your body, even after giving birth and being pregnant for nine months things went back to normal much quicker!!!

Sorry can't give you positive vibes but just thought I would introduce myself as another member of the ttc asylum!!!!

Love and Hugs

Ali
  • Options
    Hi Dani,

Sorry to read your story hon and about the mc. I had a missed mc in April and some of the girls on here will vouch that I became a bit obsessive and neurotic too!

I really don't think it's down the pill in your instance. You stopped taking it a long time ago and it shouldn't make a difference anyway. My doc did warn me it can take up to a year to conceive which is EXTREMELY depressing but at least offers reassurance that six months is normal.

I'm super lucky as I've unbelievably become pg again in first month of trying since mc. I hardly had sex last month - it was day 11 and day 13 of my cycle then my hubby was away with work after that. We then had a tragic family brereavement and I haven't wanted to do it since then. So don't beat yourself up if the TTC is getting tiring. A couple of shags in the middle of the month might just do it. I also tried to keep the swimmers inside by lying on my side and going to striaght to sleep after - not sure if that made any difference.

Take care and good luck,

Jo x
  • Options
    hi been ttc for 13 months (and counting!)took 18 months 1st time round.when ttc i think i go a bit crazy which is why i log on here 2 try 2 vent my frustration a bit!i know how it feels as do many others here so feel free 2 have a rant if it helps!gl hon x:\)
  • Options
    For info on TTC after a miscarriage, check out this link:
    http://www.babyexpert.co.uk/index.php/v1/Trying_again_after_a_miscarriage
    Web Ed
  • Options
    I was on pill for over 10 years and came off it to TTC. My hormones where all over, I had sore boobs and loads of other symptoms. I had a very early MC after 16 months of trying, and then not next cycle but one after that Bingo! Now 4 year down the line TTC again, this is month 4. I still maintain that the pill was to blame for the length of time it took, as everyone goes on about OV and fluids etc and I swear I wasn't ovulating. First time around I was totally obsessive, now I am just enjoying a lot of shagging!!!! Good luck, and baby dust too, I need some too, as I feel yucky on day 21 today and I have been emotional and wacked for 3 days. Here's hoping.
  • Options
    thank you all for your lovely replys really am greatful to you all, xxxx