Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Newbie alert!!

Hi everyone! After lurking about for the past 5 months whilst trying to concieve for the first time I thought it was about time I joined properly :\) Bit about myself, I got married in May to my gorgeous DH and I'm formally of the YYW forums but don't go in that much anymore apart from their baby section. I'm 27 and work pt as a teaching assistant. I was going to college to train as a primary teacher but made the decision to try for a family first as my DH is older than me and we wanted to get going! :lol:

That's about it really. Hope I will get to know you all alot better soon and fingers crossed for all those hoping for a BFP very soon!! xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hello MrsJules, I'm a newbie too and finding everyone very friendly and helpful. Good luck ttc x
  • Options
    Thank you image I feel better just knowing I'm not the only one TTC and getting frustrated etc xx
  • Options
    hi mrs jules welcome im pretty new here too been ttc for 3months (onmy third month) good luck and please ask for any advice you need everyone is really nice and friendly
    xxx
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll need lots of advice so looks like I came to the right place. xx
  • Options
    Hi
    I'v been here a few mths now & find alot of support here when I need it.

I'm 28yrs old, got married in march & I'm also a TA.
    We started trying right away, I was more excited about TTC than the wedding. I got preg in may but unfortunately had a MMC so we have now started TTC again.

lots of luck
    Helen :\)

• Options
    this is going to sound silly but i am new to this chat thingy. what does TTC stand for? and TA and AF
  • Options
    this is going to sound silly but i am new to this chat thingy. what does TTC stand for? and TA and AF
  • Options
    Hi
    If your talking about my post TA stands for Teaching Assistant.
    AF is aunt flo (period). TTC is Trying to conceive.

Glad to help
    Helen :\)
  • Options
    Hi Mrs Jules! Welcome - I've not been here long - I will be ttc just as soon as i get my a/f - had one since coming off the pill - been waiting 18 weeks since then for my second!!! Frustrating but have these guys on here and now trying the nutritional approach and making sure I get all the right vits and mins! Take care and see you around the place! XXX
  • Options
    Thanks for that, im such a dunce at times haha! wel ive been TTC for over a year and its awful. loving this website though very useful and makes you feel positive
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum Mrs Jules! I'm another ex-YAYW poster, but it just doesn't have the same interest now that I'm married. We started TTC for a while but have had to stop cos I've got a new job. Not fair!

Good luck
    Corinna x
  • Options
    Hi I'm new too! Was also on yayw and on confetti, confetti baby is really quiet though.
    Is there a list of abbreviations on here? I don't understand big chunks on this page!
    Not ttc yet. We've decided I'll come off the pill at christmas and try then. Do I have to wait for a proper period - if so why? I heard fertility was v high when you first come off the pill, so just wondering if it would be better not to wait for a period and just 'crack on' !?! or would I be better to come off the pill at the end of current packet with a plan to start ttc at christmas?
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Thank you for the welcome image Still no sign of my AF so I am still hopeful. Most hopeful I ahev been so far so going to be gutted if she shows her ugly face in the next few days.

Hi Corrina, I recognise your beaming smile image I haven't been in YYW that much lately, it's changed. When Stephe gets married and I read her wedding report I think that'll be me done in there.
    Lucille, I'd just 'crack on' if I were you;-D It can't harm can it? Might take a while for your cycle to regulate again so only reason they say to wait is so you can predict more easily when you ovulate and when AF is due. (I think) (AF is Aunt Flo as in your period.) It took my cycle about 4 months to get back to 'normal' although I still aren't 100% regular as far as length goes. Also be prepared for a heavier and longer than usual period after you stop. Might be your 3rd one as it was for me. Came as a big shock when I had one and I thought something was very wrong. Went to doc and they explained it was just because I had stopped the pill a while ago and gave me some pills to stop it. (Had been heavily bleeding for 10 days) This might not happen to you but just in case. Perhaps you should pop in to see your Doc and get some advice on TTC? Good luck! xx
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, I am also a newbie!
    I came off the pill in July with the aim of getting my body ready before ttc in the new year. I started to get really worried when my a/f didnt show, it took 6 weeks in the end and it wasnt that bad, I only bled for 3 days and didnt get any pains or anything. Although we are not 'properly' trying just yet we've made a bit of an effort this month, and if my last cycle was anything to go by my next a/f is due Monday, but i've had the most painfull boobs and nipples for the last 8 days and felt a bit faint and sick for the last two days. I think that I might be getting a bit ahead of myself, but could I be preggers?!!? I think its just my imagination as everyone seems to take months to conceive. Cant help my over active imagination.
    I suppose I will just have to wait until Monday!!
  • Options
    You sound very prepared NooQ. Impressed image You could be pregnant. Sore boobs is a sign to look for. Are you usually regular? There are tests that you can take 4 days before your period is due but as they are only very reliable form the day your period is due it does look like you have to wait until Monday. Hard not to read into everything isn't it? Good luck!!! xxx
  • Options
    I have only had one a/f since coming of the pill and that cycle was 33 days, so I dont know whether I am regular or not!!
    Its so frustrating, I really didnt think that everything would be so complicated, I thought that if I came of the pill my periods would return to normal and in a few months I could start ttc! How wrong I was! I think I will wait until Monday before I test, but i'm already convincing myself that I've got all the signs, even though its a very slim chance!
  • Options
    Think it takes a while for them to get back to regular or close to it. Mine aren't totally regular yet after 8 months but maybe thos is how they'll be from now on. Not sure. Doctors should tell you when you start taking the pill. Think it's because my doc have all been men. They can't ever fully understand can they? I admire your patienc in taking the test! Wish I had some will power too. I'll keep an eye out on the forum for your news either way so make sure you let us know image Fingers crossed xxx
  • Options
    Just an update, still no a/f and still resisting the urge to poas!
    My boobs arent as sore now, but I have been having cramps, not usual period cramps but twinges. I thought I might have come on by now, but who knows! This is only my first month of ttc and its so stressful. I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    It is pretty stressful. Try to do things to take your mind off it a bit. (says me! I'm obsessing this month.lol) I'm insimilar situation as you, Still no AF or any symptoms. I tested agai and BFN but clinging on to the hope because some women have said it was a week past their period due date that they got their first BFP. Good luck xxx