Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ovulation test ?false positive results

hi girls
I was just wondering if there was a possibility if any of you knew if you could get a false postitive on ovulation test.

I got a postive 17 days ago but no af and i thought 14 days later u got af.

It was def a postivie on the ovulation so i just wondered if it was poss for a false positive

thanks

kelly
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kelly. I'm not sure about ovulation kits but you have a have a release of the LH hormone to get a positive so i am thinking that if you got a positive, you probably did ovulate. Sorry if tmi but did you get a mucus plug around the same time? It also depends on how long your cycle is as to how long after the positive, you get your af, if that makes sense. I had a positive test two months ago and then my af went overdue by almost a week! Sadly, of course, getting an ovulation hit is no guarentee that you will get pregnant but as you are now three days late, isnt it possible that you are pregnant? Have you tried doing a test? Good luck for when you do do the test, really hope it is positive for you. Best of luck and hope that helps. Best wishes, love Bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    hi bluebird,

Thank u for your reply, my cycle is very irregular and this month im on day 56 i got a positive ovulation on day 38 and im day 56 now i thought 14 days after my ovulation that my af would come, but that was 18 days ago so according to that my af is 4 days late i did do a test yesterday and it was negative.
    I have no indication that af is on its way.

kelly

:\?
  • Options
    Hi All, having come off the pill four months ago my periods returned to normal pretty much straightaway. I had heard it could take over a year which really worried me however so far three months of 31 day cycles. The bit that confuses me is that I have done ovulation tests over the three months & no positive ovulation results. How can that happen if my periods are normal?? Any advice please!