Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Its a NO this month :(

Hi Lilypingu, sorry to hear thats it be confirmed its a no this month, can sympathise with the dissapointment that you are feeling. I'm a bit like you not knowing when the right time is to get the action in so when we do do it we just keep our fingers crossed and hope its the right time!!! I have heard that the best time is a week after you have finished your AF. There are websites also that give you an indication of when you are ovulating but I dont know how accurate these are. Hubby and I are just going for it at the moment (sorry tmi!) and just keeping our fingers crossed. Well wishing you the best of luck for next month and sending baby dust your way and to everyone else who is ttc. Take care, Beth xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi all here is the website address for that ovulation calc that I was talking about in my last post. www.askdramy.com/ovulationcalc.html I took a look at it last night and the reckon this is my best week so to say the least me and hubby are gonna go for it even though I have been signed off from work with a bad back!!!!!! lol.
  • Options
    Yeah, would love to follow the standard week, 2 weeks after period but my periods range from 31 days to 44 days! I could recreate a calendar I'm so irregular. Interestingly enough, one month I have a 30ish day cycle, the next month a 40ish day cycle. It alternates. Must have one really slack ovary!!
    Will have a look at the website- thinking of trying the temperature taking this month to see if it is more useful than the ovulation sticks!
    Beth sorry to hear about the bad back, glad that it doesn't stop the ttc! Thanks for the baby dust- I've no doubt that it will happen at 'the right time'! Hate that phrase- but I'm sure it will all feel right when I do get pregnant- have all bases covered because if things really don't work out then I think my hubby and I would look into adoption. So whatever happens I know I'll be a Mum eventually!
  • Options
    Hi Lilypingu. Sorry to hear that your AF has arrived. Mine arrived too on Monday although i wasnt surprised as i didnt ovulate this month it seems image Going to start testing from about day 7 this month although i have a house move to contend with week Friday which is around my best time i think! not sure how i am going to stay stress free and chilled!!!! lmao! Glad to hear that you and hubby are going for it, mind your back! lol. love and kisses to all ttc, here's to us all next month!!!!!! bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Its strange you should say that you didn't ovulate this month- how do you know? I don't think I did either as I couldn't get a proper positive on the ov. stick. I only got it three days later in the morning which is when you're not supposed to try the test. According to my AF the best day was a fri, and DH and I were busy on the sat. I can't imagine missing the 'time' by that short space of time surely!
  • Options
    Hi lilypingu & bluebird,
    I've been using the ov sticks this month and I started testing from day 7 even though my period finished the following day! My periods are so irregular varying from a cycle 0f 25-34 days so I didn't want to miss it.!!!
    I tested everyday at Noon, and made sure I drank nothing for 2 hours before. 8 days later the 2 lines were both the same colour, in fact the ov line was darker than the test / ref line, just like the instructions said it should be...call me mad, but I continued to test for 2 days more and the 2 blue lines stayed for 1 more day then got faint on the following day. It helps that I had a packed of 10 bought from Superdrugs (own brand) BOGOF - as well!!!
    I wonder if this may be of any help to you both to test earlier..Good luck to you both..Sarah xx
  • Options
    Hi Sarah. Many thanks for that. Great minds think alike!!!!! i started testing on day 7. it was my first period since the mc 12 weeks previously so didnt know how long the cycle would be. Used the ov strips i bought off ebay for most of the time and the boots own brand from days 11-17 and didnt get a single hit! Have been under a large amount of stress recently so i wasnt surprised. Going to start on day 7 again this month which is Sunday so fingers crossed image Did they work for you Sazzy or isnt it time to test yet? Hope it was positive for you. Good luck lilypingu and anyone else ttc. lots of love and kisses, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,i used the ov sticks from ebay this month for the 1st time.i dont ovulate every month so wasnt sure what 2 expect.started them on day 11,and on day 16 i got a hit! (my cycle can be anything from 28-36 days)so not actually sure when af is due! good luck 2u all.Gayle x x
  • Options
    Hi bluebird, although the ov sticks did work for me - I'm not due on till around the 10th of Feb, so fingers crossed. I have been suffering from a bit of sickness for the past few days in the evening, but haven't been actually sick.
    Maybe it's nerves. I dunno?? Hubby says I am preggie cause I'm not quite myself - also feeling tired alot...Who knows??!!
    Sarah xx
  • Options
    hi eden79,i had those blood tests taken a few years ago,and like u,i dont ovulate every month.i bought the ov sticks from ebay,cos they were much cheaper than from boots.they r just like doing a pregnancy test.i used them for the 1st time this month,so am now just waiting 2 see if dreaded period arrives.Good luck x x
  • Options
    Hi sazzy. Still keeping my fingers crossed for next Sayurday for you. Glad to hear you got a hit. Like Gayle, i dont ovulate every month and so as i didnt ovulate last month, hoping to do so this month. Have you ever had a hit with the ebay ones Gayle? i am hoping for one this month. Good luck to all of us ttc image love and kisses, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Hi bluebird - It's a NO!!!!! Period arrived early (yesterday).
    Explained all in my other post topic "hit an all time low". Things are really poo at the mo!!
    Love & hugs sarah xx
  • Options
    Hi bluebird,i tried ebay ones for the 1st time this month,and i got a hit on day 16.my cycle can be anything from 28-36 days,so cheaper ones r def a better option for me.i will need 2 use up 2 8 of them each month,and then if its a month i dont ovulate then its a complete waste!! guess u no wot i mean.its tricky enough ttc,but when u dont ov every month,its a nightmare!! anyway,keep smiling,love 2u and every1 else ttc.Gayle x x
  • Options
    Awwwwwwwwww Sarah, really sorry to hear that hun. Big cyber hugs coming your way. Its so awful isnt it every month when there is hope for a few days and then it is dashed. Funnily enough, i gave up thinking about it and presumed because of my age that it wasnt going to happen. I didnt have a period for two months but went on holiday for two weeks to France in August last year. Was totally relaxed and chilled out and must have ovulated because first week i was back, i fell pregnant! Didnt even realise straight away. Was feeling odd so did a test and a line and a plus appeared!!!!! Sadly, i miscarried in October which was heartbreaking and only started af again in January! Had nother af recently so have decided to use up the cheap ov strips i have bought from ebay and then not bother. If it happens it happens and if it doesnt, it doesnt! Will read your other post but so hoping that you are feeling a bit better today. Hi Gayle, am with you on the "dont ov every month". i didnt last month but was very stressed over a house move that was going horribly wrong. Am moving this Friday and that will be day 12!!!!! Started last Sunday testing and will go through to about day 19 before giving up, unless i get a hit of course! How long have you got to wait until af due? Keeping my fingers crossed for you, keep us posted! lots of love and kisses, Bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    hi bluebird,af arrived half an hour ago!!! i feel ok though.last month i was devestated.i think the fact that i used ov sticks this month,and i know i ovulated,and was "active" around that time,so i did everything i could.so no point beating myself up about it! also,i joined this chatroom,which really helps.theres a great comfort in knowing that we r all going through it,and we r all thinking of each other.Gayle x x
  • Options
    Oh no Gayle, how disappointing. Good that you dont feel too bad but it must have been horrible. So sorry hon, but as you say, you know you did ovulate so even more fingers and toes crossed for next month for you image I am day 10 today, havent ovulated yet but there is hope that that time might be soon! What a blooming lottery it is! You spend all your early life avoiding getting pregnant and when you try to get pregnant its not so easy!!!!! Big cyber hugs for you Gayle, try not to feel too down. love and kisses, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    thanks bluebird,im hoping if i stay stress-free,i will ovulate again this month.do u know why some women dont ov every month? my doctor just said its very common,and not to worry about it! i hope u ovulate this month,i always start 2 get excited around day 10! Best of luck 2u,let me no how u get on with the ov sticks.love Gayle xxx
  • Options
    Awwww Eden, it is really hard and i know what you mean about the ov sticks. i have decided to use the ones i bought off ebay and once they're gone they're gone, then it will just be if it happens it happens and if it dont, it dont!!!!! Yes Gayle, it is common to not ovulate every month, the biggest cause is stress!!!!! So lets all try and relax (so easy!!! no!) and go for it (much easier!!!!) Take care all, love and kisses, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks bluebird,ur always so nice.hi eden 79,i know exactly how u feel.every1 seems 2 be pregnant around me at the moment.and while im so so happy 4 them,it just seems 2 make me yearn 4 a baby even more.i was very lucky with my son,i fell preg straight away.although its only been 3 months this time,it feels like forever! af arrived yesterday,but im feeling positive.going 2 try 2 stay stress-free,2 increase chance of ovulating.take care.Gayle xx