Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone know of advice TTC after m/c??

Hi
I'm totaly new here and have NO idea where I should be posting this so I apologise in advance if this is the wrong place.
Anyway, on the 16 June I m/c my #2 baby, which was my first m/c. All went ok (in as much as I didnt need DC or anything) needless to say I was in bits and so was DH, but I was told that all was fine and to carry on as normal (??)
Anyway, I stopped bleeding 14 days after that and after another 9-10 days we did the dreaded 'BD'. However this happened around the 13-15 day of my cycle (I think, I have no idea on how you chart after a m/c but before your next period). Now I thought I had my period starting 2 days after the 'BD' and it lasted about 24hrs and was no more then a VERY VERY light period. I doubt it would have filled a tblsp.
My friend, who has also had a previous m/c and all the literature have all said that your first after a m/c is extremely heavy etc. Has anyone any idea on what this could have been for me?
I am sort-of wondering if it could have been an implantation bleed??? But, then again I think that's just wishfull thinking. I know I have to wait atleast 6wks after the m/c for my first proper period, so could this have been a little lapse and my body had a little more to get rid of???
My friend said I should go GP, if I am worried, but I am not worried except about that only that I'll drive myself mad thinking I may have concieved and realy wishing it was true and I was p/g again.
I am REALY sorry to have waffled on and I hope someone out there can understand what I am trying to say, cause I think I have made a mess of the explaining!!!
Thanks so much for reading anyway.
Louise

Replies

• Options
    Hi Louise
    Firstly, really sorry to hear about your loss hun, i had a mc in October last year and it was the most miserable time. I am afraid i am no expert but Doctors usually advise you to wait until your first af has happened before trying again but i know a few people who have fallen pregnant without having had an af and gone on to have normal, healthy pregnancies. My afs didnt return until Jan which was a long wait! The thing is, everyone is different. I was warned that my first af wouold be very heavy and full of clots due to the scan showing that i still had some bleeding to do. Around the time my first af was due, like you, i have the smallest of bleeds that stopped and then i didnt have another af for over 2 months! I wouldnt worry at all about what has happened, doing a pt might put your mind at rest one way or another if you are pg or not. Whatever happens, give yourself some time to get over the mc both physically and mentally and enjoy your time with your oh. It is a very sad time but you will come through it together. Lots of love to you both, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Hi
    Thanks so much for your reply. Makes me feel loads better to know I'm not the only one.
    Louise