Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Down in the dumps! There are a lot of us today...

I have AF due today or tomorrow and no symptoms (of anything) but starting to get a brown show when i wipe (sorry if TMI). I just know AF is on her way and i feel so fed up!!

This was only my 3rd month of TTC but it was the first month of using OV sticks so i know we got it bang on and i thought that would be it.

Also, friend has just told us she is pregnant and i am so pleased but feel so sad it is not us as well!! :cry:

I didn't think i would feel like this so early in the process but what if something is wrong? I have never had a pregnancy scare during my youth and I know doc's won't check for anything this early in the process but i am 32 in a couple of months and i don't know how long i have to wait! :\(

xx

Replies

• Options
    Oh hun, PMA PMA PMA!!! Its not over until AF shows her ugly mug, so dont get down yet. Do you usually get signt AF is on her way? If so then no signs could be a good sign!! Some women get spotting when they are due AF, so this brown stuff could be that? Hope so, and hope you get your BFP! x
  • Options
    No, i don't usually have AF symptoms which i am thankful for but i don't have any "prgnancy" symptoms either!

Don't know what the brown show is as i don't usually have that...

• Options
    Hi there

I am also just 32 and a little paranoid about my age effecting things so you're not alone. You've probably read my messages moaning on about how my periods are not what they used to be...blah, blah, blah (I bore myself on the subject!). We used OV sticks this month and I know that in terms of timing we hit the jackpot, but since I've had cramps and all manner of symptoms (both AF and preg) so have mixed feeling now the end of the month is approaching.

As other have said, the brown CM may not be AF - you could still be lucky. Does the doctor know how long you have been testing - could you fib and say it's longer to get the tests to put your mind at rest?

I have to say that even though noone I know has recently got pregnant, my DH has speculated that his siblings might not be far off trying and I think - not fair! - as they're only youngsters and still at Uni/not got permanent houses etc. (I realise how silly this sounds so no need for anyone to point this out) - I'm so pathetic and jealous of their youth - I feel like it's a competition to prove how rubbish and old I am!!! It's so silly but I really wish I had met DH earlier and hadn't ended up having to try when I'm so old. Wow, talk about negative mental attitude or what :lol: Don't know where that rant has come from!

Anyway, I'm sure what you are feeling is only normal anxiety and I hope that after seeing that I'm far more unhinged, you feel a little better :lol:image

[Modified by: secretmama on January 07, 2008 12:56 PM]
  • Options
    Fingers crossed brown CM is implanation bleeding - you never know??

Mrs Wbxxx
  • Options
    Thanks All - i love this website... it just shows you that we are not alone in this quest.

Here is hoping that we all get the BFP we yearn and deserve!!

xxx