Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Please help ~ TMI question ????!!!!????

What is the significance of losing your mucus plug? TTC and on CD12 ~ Never spotted the plug before. Does it mean i'm ov or have just ov or about to ovulate?
Tested with OPK and it came up negative.
Confused, please help?:\?

Replies

• Options
    i have heard that is a sign of of ov but im not 100% sure i would get humping if i was you just to be on the safe side love leighxxx
  • Options
    :lol:
    I think I might take your advice ;\)
    Thanks
    Popcorn
  • Options
    Hello

I know i run the risk of sounding soooo thick, what IS a mucus plug, how do you know you've had it, please feel free to be as grapic as you like!!

Don't think i've ever had one, would i know?

Also OV sticks, what are they, what do you do and how regularly?

• Options
    Hi Den,
    I have never noticed a plug before this cycle. It was like a "clump" of egg white mucus that came away when I wiped (sorry for TMI ~ you said be graphic!!!!!!).

Ovulation sticks are similar to pregnance tests in that you wee on them and they tell you whether a leutinising (spelling????) hormone surge has been detected. You are supposed to start testing on day 12 for a 28 day cycle and as soon as you get a positive result you will ovulate in the next 36 hours, so lots of baby dancing ;\)

Hope this makes sense
    Popcorn xxxx
  • Options
    That makes great sense, when do you test If you get a slightly longer cylce???
  • Options
    They say to start testing 17 days before your next period is expected to start.
  • Options
    Thanks for that. xx;\)