Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No AF by day 36, but negative test

Hello all, am new to the site and looking for some reassurance / support as I feel like I'm moving in ever decreasing circles at the mo. Have been ttc for seven months and had regular 27 - 29 day cycles. However, last month I went to 33 days before AF and this month am on day 36, did a test first thing this morning and it was negative. I had what I imagine you'd call spotting on days 32 and 33 but was mininal and nothing more since. I have the biggest bloaty tummy I've ever had and have got twinges similar to period pains.

Have booked a Dr. apt for next week, but in the meantime, am so keen to find out if anyone has had any similar experiences with late AF, spotting and negative tests. My main concern is that though I am getting better at being low-stress about ttc - mainly thanks to reiki and a really brilliant OH - I can't help but focus on it when my AF is late, but I am now wondering if I am causing it to get later and later by hoping that the AF not happening means I am pregnant!! Any advice / thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks!!:\?

Replies

• Options
    hi there,

I think its good thtu hv booked an apt with dr.
    Have u been testing for ovulation? If not you may hv ovulated late and tht is why no af.

I had an extra long cycle last month 51 days but i am irregualr so i can apreciate it when af doesnt show and you get negative results.

Do u hv any pregnancy symptoms?

I would give it another couple of days and then test again as it maybe tht there just isnt enough hormone level to detect it yet, so maybe give it another couple of days.

do let me know how you get on, i have my fingers crossed for you

kelly

• Options
    Hi Kelly

Thanks for responding. I have no real pregnancy symptoms apart from the lack of AF. I didn't test for ovulation this cycle and haven't for the last couple as I did it a couple of times but I felt it just got my hopes up and then the AF came! So have been trying to take all the focus off ttc and do the 'just enjoy it' thang - but with care ttc at the most fertile times natch. But, perhaps as I now seem to be having longer cycles, I need to use the OT again if and when my AF comes and goes. So, food for thought, thanks very much, :\)
  • Options
    Hi P'icul. Sorry to hear you are having problems ttc, really hope you are succesful soon. Just a thought for you, and lots of women swear by it, when you have irregular cycles or just arent sure, one sure fire method of making love at the right time (although no guarentee of success) is to make love every other day throughout the month. Hope that isnt a tall order! There's a few ladies on here who stopped using kits and just let mother nature take its course and fallen so its worth considering. Good luck with the docs, you are definitely doing the right thing by consulting the professionals as they will be able to help i'm sure. Keeping fingers crossed for you. love and kisses, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Hello Bluebird, yes I think we have to up the ante on the number of times we get to it in the month, work for both of us doesn't make it easy - even getting to do it at the most fertile time has been a time juggling act the last couple of months, but I don't think we do too badly.

I am really conscious about the level of stress involved, but its clear from having a good read on the site that I am not alone (and therefore not as crazy as I feared) for getting caught up in the emotion of it all. But its like the age-old 'It'll happen when you least expect it' line that gets rolled out when you're single!!!

I have just noticed a little more spotting, had some three / four days ago as well, now watching this time to see if its the full on AF - which would actually be a bit of a relief after a negative test, stomach looks the size of a small nation.

Thanks again, good luck to you too xx