Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confessions of a POAS-holic!!!

Hi Ladies, I need to confess although I act all calm and patient I actually have somewhat of an addiction to taking HPT :-S now in order to reduce the cost of this addiction I have started buying the cheapie strips, I have used these regular and never had a sniff off a BFP - today I did one and although it states to give under 5 minutes if I see nothing within about a min I tend to abandon it! Anyway I just went into my bathroom and saw it on the sink so was gonna chuck it when I noticed a v v v faint line - but def a line - so I had one more cheapie test left and couldnt resist but to do it - even tho I had a 30 second battle of use FMU... no do it now - so I have done it... and after 5 mins it appears to be a BFN - SO my question is... do we think the faint line on the other is an evap line??? Im guessing it will be as it would be odd to use the same type HPT twice in one day and get two dif results surely???

What shall I do now? I have one HPT in my house which is Sainsburys own and im only 10/11 DPO so when would you test again?

Also I have taken a couple of photos of the said "line" but its so faint it wont show up on my iPhone - but please believe me that it is there!! LOL xxxx

Replies

• Options
    I would test again in a couple of days, at least 12dpo but even then it could be too early. What is the sensitivity of the cheapie HPT's?
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice hun, im at work on a 12 hour shift tommorow so that should keep my mind off it - the tests were 25 miu??/ i dont understand all that though if im honest? xxxx
  • Options
    OK - think its def an evap line - as I went in the bath about a hour ago and same thing again I had left the strip on the sink and it had another faint line. I have never had them before but as both were outside the 5 minute recommended time (altho packet says dont read after 10 mins!) - im putting them down as BFN! xxx