Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice needed please!

Hi ladies, i'm after some advice please!

As i've posted before we haven't been ttc this month due to a big fat house move (hopefully). We have been using the withdrawal method (effective i know!) all the way through ovulation which i thought was last week due to symptoms inc. af type pain, increase cm and a very high sex drive (5/7 days might i add!)

Looking back i counted official OV as last tuesday (CD16) as this is when symptoms were most intense although i tend to get them a little before and after too so i may be a day or two out. We upsi'd CD12, 13, 14, 15, & 16 but not 17.

On saturday morning (CD20) i woke up and had blood on the tissue when i wiped (sorry tmi) and a spot in the toilet. Gradually this has got less and less and yesterday and today i have what seems like quite a thick, dark CM? Also i have been having slight AF type pains.

I'm aware (despite what OH thinks ofhis sperm) that i would be super lucky to get a BFP using withdrawal method, but my worry is that there is a problem.

At first i was worried it was AF and that my LP was 4 days!!! But it doesn't seem to have become a fully fledged AF? I came off the pill Jan so could be hormonal. I don't think it was a symptom of OV as i'm sure i was post ovulation at this point but i'm not using any testing kits atm!

What i guess i'm asking is has anybody had this before around the same time in their cycle CD20 -23? or 5-7 dpo? If so what did it turn out to be?

Any help would be much appreciated :roll:

Replies

• Options
    Hmmm sorry hun not sure about that but didnt want to read and run x
    Maybe it was implantation spotting?
    Jx
  • Options
    Could have been implantation, but unlikely if you were using the withdrawl method.
    I also came off the pill in jan and I have had spotting every now and again since then. Doesn't sound like af though.