Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Waiting

Hi girls,

I'm once again playing the waiting game!!! Detected ov on day 18 and 19 this month and am currently on day 23/34 so still quite a long time to wait!! Luckily ov happened when oh was around as I had thought that he would be away this month.

Who else is waiting and how long have you got until AF does or doesn't arrive? Just like to keep a check on how everyone is doing. ;\)

Also if you have been pregnant before, can you tell me roughly how long it was until you got your first symptoms and what they were. This month my nipples have been a bit sore since the day after ov (which is unusual for me) surely that is way too early to have any symptoms. My body is so frustrating, every month since we started ttc something different has happend which made me think that maybe we'd been lucky!! Argggggh this is all so frustrating. :evil:

Lots of luck to you all this month. Lots of love xxx

Replies

• Options
    Mmm so I guess the sore nipples thing is just my body playing tricks again. Oh well looks like I've just got to keep on waiting. xxx
  • Options
    Hi shrewpin

Im only on day 7 of 28/31 cycle. Sorry im not much help as we are trying for our first so im in the same boat as you don't known what to look out for or when symptons would start. Just thought id come on for a yap as im bored and in the house myself. How long have you been trying for?

jen xx
  • Options
    hi girls i am too waiting on day 19 of 26/28 cycle but never got any positives from ov sticks so im doubtful im pg it is a very frustrating time tho so i sympathise
    good luck all xx
  • Options
    Hello Shrewpin, I am on day 21, and ovulated day 14 but still BDing in hope that iff that eggy hasn't coupled up then it may still be clinging on-worth a try?? amy x
  • Options
    I so know what you mean - I'm on day 28 of 28 and it's killing me. I haven't had major AF symptoms - had pink cm last friday and senstive nipples since then and I've been cramping on and off since monday and I've one spot this morning - it's soooo hard. I haven't tested yet I'm trying to be stronng and just wait for AF. OH wants to test Saturday morning but I'm for some reason scared!! It's going to kill me today!!

Rach xx
  • Options
    Hi girls
    I suppose at least it's good to know that we are all going through the same thing!!!

Jen, we started ttc in May this year 5 long months ago, however my oh works away from home quite alot so I'm not thinking of it as 5 months of failing to concieve as he's been away at crucial time. I'm on my third cycle of using a clear blue fertility monitor and out of those 3 months he's only been here twice. As if ttc wasn't difficult enough! How long have you been trying?

Rach, you must have extremely strong will power not testing yet. I know exactly how you feel though. scared to test incase it's a BFN but still desperately wanting to know either way. At least your AF hasn't arrived yet, that is the best sign. How regular are your periods, is it usual for you to be late? Let us know what happens if you decide to test or not. I really hope AF stays away and you can tell us some good news soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Amy, what a lucky oh you have, bet he doesn't know what's hit him!!! Go for it girl! How long have you got till af due?

Lots of luck and love to everyone ttc xxx
  • Options
    Hi Shrewpin, you can say that again!! I'm guessing that my af is due next wednesday so if it doesn't come that morning I'm getting the pt out of the cupboard!! No patience whatsoever I'm afraid, had symptons of what could be implantation last night and when I told hubby he seemed really pleased altough we both know it's a little early to be getting our hopes up. by the way, when I was pregnant before, the very first thing I noticed was weeing alot-but I have read that symptons (apart from implantation)can start happening around the first day of your missed period, but I was nearly three weeks late b4 I tested last time. amy x
  • Options
    Hi shrewpin

Im the same as you on month 5 of ttc but it feel like 10. I haven't used ov sticks or monitor do you find them any good? Have heard alot of mixed reviews. Im going for the every other day method this month and hopefully it'll work.

Is this your first?

jen xx
  • Options
    Hi Shrewpin,

Well day 29 of 28 and still nothing. I'm usually like clockwork. I was concvinced AF had started on my way to work this morning (sorry TMI) but it hadn't. Feeling very strange this morning, tired, withdrawn, sleepy and a little sickly - but convinced af is coming today.

Haven't plucked up the courage to test yet - might try and wait till sunday as i hate testing!

Rach x
  • Options
    Test hun!!! I know how u feel, its the dread of a bfn isnt it!!! Im sure uve done it hun, goodluck and keep us posted xxx kim xxx
  • Options
    I know I should, DH is saying the same but I always feel a bit foolish to myself when It's neg. I'm going to try and wait, but I'll see - I feel pretty rough today!!
  • Options
    Rach, you are sooo strong not testing yet. I think even i'd have cracked by now, especially when you say your periods are normally regular. But again I know what it's like not wanting to get your hopes up. Are you still planning on testing tomorrow morning or are you going to push it out until Sunday? I'll be checking to see if there is any exciting news over the weekend.

Jen, the last 5 month have felt like 10, but I guess that is just because we are so aware of each and every single day and how long it is until we find out if we might be pregnant or not!! I haven't used ov sticks before, but I have found the fertility monitor great, especially as my oh is away quite alot. It's really helpful in pinpointing my fertile days, as I'm no good at reading the other signs (mucus ect sorry tmi) my body seems to do something different every month!!!! I really admire you doing the every other day method, we haven't tried that yet probably cos oh away mostly during the week, but it must be hard. Anyway he's changing jobs after xmas so hopefully he'll be home more and we can try that method then. That is of course if I'm not already pregnant before then. This is our first time ttc.

Amy, Make sure you let us know of result on Wednesday if you do decide to test then. Let's hope you get a bfp. I'm on day 25 today expecting af to arrive in about 9 days but I should know if it's on it's way from about Wednesday also as I usually get brownish discharge about 4/5 day before (sorry if tmi). Now you come to mention it I have been peeing quite a bit but not sure if it's more than usual as I do drink quite a lot of water. I've also been eating loads of beetroot which someone told me today is a diaretic which make you pee more so it could just be that?? Actually I think my obsession with beetroot is becoming a bit worrying! I'm eating at least 2 a day everyone at work thinks I'm very weird and asking if I'm pregnant. Ahhh if only they knew, they wouldn't ask that insensetive question. Enough about beetroot or you'll be thinking I'm weird too. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Goodluck to anyone else testing in the next week. Have a lovely relaxing weekend. xxx
  • Options
    Any news for us this morning Rach? Sending lots of luck xxx
  • Options
    Have you tested yet Rach?? I hope it is good news. I couldn't wait that long I'm so impatient. Starting to cost a lot now though so promised this month I will wait! We've been trying since May. Trying the every other day method this month too. Also using fetility monitor for the first time properly but using up my ov sticks too just incase I use the monitor wrong or something. It feels like forever so really hope I get lucky this month.

Good luck and baby dust to everyone ttc xxx