Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Insane Gang - The Lucky Chapter

1151617181921»

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

mrs*me* I've pretty much decided to keep working part time - I will manage to make a small amount of money on top of childcare / car costs etc. which will no doubt be handy, and I also really want to keep my job open (I'm one of those weird people who really loves what I do, and the way things are with jobs at the moment if I left I'm not sure I'd ever get back in again!) It will definitely be a struggle but I will still be a bit better off working part time than not working at all... It was just a bit of a shock how much it would cost! I am hoping to do 2 and a half days a week which will hopefully be quite a good balance...

LadyT most of the places I looked at which had prices on websites worked out at about ??35 - ??37 per day, but a lot of places didn't show prices so I'm hoping when it comes to looking properly I might find somewhere slightly sheaper... and childminders are meant to be a bit cheaper than nurseries too. It won't be cheap though!

mrs*me* the EWCM is a great sign! I never really got much though and I managed to get pregnant so don't let it worry you if you don't see any most months. I certainly never noticed any stretchy stuff in my undies and only ever found a bit by 'looking for it', if you get my meaning! (TMI!) Hopefully it's a good sign for you this month though image How long will you have to wait for the blood test results?

LadyT it must be really frustrating to skip a period! Nice as it is to have no period of course... but not really when TTC. Are you going to use any OPKs or anything to try and work out when you ov next, or just BD lots and see what happens? I hope it all gets back to normal this month and you have some well earned happy news at the end of it.

I have seen a few poeple post on here before that their cycles suddenly went weird and then they got their BFP so maybe the same will be true for you. In fact it was kind of the same for me as I had a really short cycle the month before my BFP, with a few days of spotting before too which had never happened before. Then the next month was my lucky one, so you never know. My fingers are crossed for you!

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and have my first midwife appointment this Friday - quite exciting. I'm still terrified I won't make it that far though - I never realised what a worrier I was until I got my BFP! I am 100 times worse now that when I was TTC. I guess the worry probably never really stops, but I will be so so relieved to finally get to my scan, although I won't be 12 weeks until 21st September so I still have a long wait! I just keep crossing my fingers and praying everything is ok... I do have some pretty horrible nausea now (although haven't thrown up yet) so I am hoping that is a good thing....

I hope you all have a good evening. Hot and spicy stir fry for me tonight - yum! xx
  • Options
    morning!

Hope everyone is well.

Tilty - 2 1/2 days sounds perfect. I know what you mean about enjoying your job, I love my job and couldn't give it up for good even if I won the lottery! I'd love to go to 3 days a week but unfortunately as I'm the main earner in our house there's no way that's possible image. I have worked out that we could afford for me to go to 4 days a week providing I was allowed to keep my position as head of department (but I'm not sure that's possible). If the head said I had to give that up if I went 4 days then I would just lose too much money. It's rubbish! We've had a look at childcare and are quite shocked at cost of it as well and when I worked out our tax credits we would only get about ??10 a week which is hardly worth it! (also nureseries would make us pay even in school holidays when baby wouldn't be there). So we're not sure what we're going to do yet (but think we better decide soon!). The other option is husband gives up work to stay at home. ahhh lots of decisions!

How exciting about your booking in appt on Friday, hope all goes well, it really does make everything seem a lot more real. How are your symptoms or are you still quite symptomless?

Mrs*me* I know, where is the summer!! Enjoy your holiday and enjoy your food! I'm not a big fan of diets anyway, much better to enjoy your food in moderation and do excerise to keep healthy!

Well my boiler has gone on the blink so now have to get a plumber out (this on top of 4 new tyres for car this month, MOT and another huge vet bill!) so i am officialy poor for the rest of the month and also had to have a cold shower this morning which was not nice!

Anyway hope everyone is well and enjoys their Tuesday!

xx
  • Options
    good plan tilty, thats exactly what im planning on doing, 2 maybe 3 days a week. so sounds perfect image altho my grandpa retired in may (hes 65 and very young at heart) so he said he would have the bub one or two days a week for me so thats a bonus! image
    lol and yes i only found my ewcm from 'looking for it' aswell haha. feel like i ov'd or am now about to, but still no + opk, so who knows!? i will do a cbd ov test today and see what that comes up with? and my usual ebay cheapie aswell just in case. having my bloods done one week today, and then another blood done when af arrives, so who knows when that will be lol. then results about a week after that, so could be 2-3 weeks if short cycle, and could be 4-5 weeks if a long one lol. so no clue at the mo, and ahhhh! 7 weeks already! my gosh that has gone sooo fast! is it seeming real yet? nausea is a good thing, sorry ur feeling poo but at least it means u have a nice strong bean image

kernow, thanks image im starting to get excited about rome now image yay especially now that silly air strike isnt happening image and yeah stopped my diet it was way too hard and i want a happy body so i can get pg image omgosh ur not having much luck! at least u can get all this sorted b4 bub comes along, car, boiler etc image xxxx
  • Options
    Morning all
    Tilty - hopefully you're right and all this weird cycle shenanigans is the start of some happy news. Hope your booking appointment goes well on Friday and helps you stop being such a stresshead!! I'm sure I would be exactly the same though image Hope the sicky feeling isn't too horrible and passes soon...

Mrsme - I'm not sure I knew you were off to Rome - I'm sure you'll have a cracking time and in particular you'll enjoy the yummy food (no point in thinking about dieting in Italy!!). I'd also recommend you wash it down with a nice big bottle of local Chianti.

Kernow - sounds like its one thing after another with you at the moment (also saw your facebook post about DIY disasters!) - hopeully the run of bad house/ car luck will come to an end soon!! I hate it when you get unexpected bills just when you think you've got a bit of spare money to buy a nice handbag or something...

Well I'm still in AF limbo today although I've had some cramping and sore (.)(.)'s these last few days so I'm starting to wonder if she's on her way (albeit about 18 days late). I don't think I'll be too upset when she finally makes an appearance - I think I'll be more relieved than anything that I'm still working properly.

I've decided I'm going to start another thread today - this one is waaaay too long!

Txx
  • Options
    Ahhhh congrats susiee - that's great news!!
  • Options
    Congrats Susiee, thats fantastic. xx
  • Options
    Arh thats lovely news congrats Susiee xxx
  • Options
    Susiee - that's lovely news! I'm really glad your doc was so helpful as it seems that a lot of ladies on here have had less than positive experiences with doctors. It must be such an amazing feeling to see your baby on screen! It sounds like you have just been very lucky with your lack of symptoms. My 12 week scan still feels like an age away (I won't be 12 weeks until about 21st September) and I keep having stupid thoughts like 'what is there's nothing there?!' but I guess fears like that are normal...

I do at least have horrendous nausea now which is not pleasant but is comforting nonetheless. It's not just in the morning either, but literally all day from the second I open my eyes until I go to bed at night. I haven't actually puked yet but really feel pretty rotten because there's just no escape from the constant horrible queasy sensation. I can't even stomach a cup of tea any more - rubbish! I really hope all this is a good sign.... I also have sore boobs, bloating that comes and goes and some creamy CM - oh, and lots of spots, which I am less than impressed about!

Kernow, good luck considering job / childcare options - it's such a lot to think about and so many sums to do isn't it? I get a bit dizzy thinking about it all and may wait until I'm further along bfore I do any serious planning... I'm glad I had a look into it all though. I'm sorry you're having such a poor month. Everything always seems to come at once doesn't it?!

mrs*me* I hope you are right about being about to ov - I think EWCM can appear several days before you actually ov, so it may be worth doing OPKs for a good few days and seeing what they say. I hope your blood tests also shed some light on your cycle and bring you some good news. Please keep us posted...

LadyT, I hope your cramping and sore boobs are the sign of something. Annoying as it is to see AF, I guess it would still be at least a bit of a relief to see her after this time in limbo? Fingers crossed that you find out what is happening and that your cycles get back to normal soon (and a BFP comes your way as soon as possible). Good idea about a new thread! image

Jen - how are things going? Do you have a bump yet? I can't wait to start showing image

Right, my hubby has just got home so I'd better go and say hi! But good luck to all, whether it is with pregnancies or waiting for ov / AF. I will keep you all posted on how Friday's appointment goes.... xxx
  • Options
    good idea about a new thread LadyT!

Thanks for all the messages about my unlucky couple of months, I really hope that is everything now!

Congrats susiee on metting your little one and glad everything is ok. Will you still get a 12 week scan (think some areas are pretty horrible and if you have an earlier scan they won't let ladies have their 12 week one which is nonsense as they need the 12 week one for the downs tests etc) but your dr sounds very understanding which must be a relief.

LadyT - can't believe you're still in limbo! Really hope your symptoms are signs she is coming to put you out of your wondering.

Tilty - sorry about your nausea but it will get better soon and I know what you mean about the spots - since about 6 weeks pg I've had terrible spots and blotches on my chin that appear to be in for the long haul as they are still here! Apparantly an old wives tale is that that means a girl (they steal your beauty!).

on that note susiee, lady 2188, emsypops and tilty - will you find out the sex?

Hope everyone else is ok xxx
  • Options
    awww ur little bean how cute! congrats susie!

ladyt, yes i will make sure i will take advantage of the pasta and wine! may get drunk and bd, seems to be how 90% of the population get pg lol. and ur symptoms could be af, pg or ov! how confusing!? sorry ur still in limbo image

sorry ur feeling ill tility image

kernow glad ur doing ok image when/if i get pg, i dont wanna fiind out the sex, even tho hubs does! haha im talking him round tho lol x