Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC is taking its toll!

Good morning ladies:

Hubby just phoned and as i was already crying it was made worse speaking to him, I feel like ttc is really draining me. I know its probably because i have nothing else to focus on as i live on my own 2 weeks out of 4 as hubby is away. I burst into tears yesterday also and am not for one moment suggesting these are symptoms as im only 6 dpo. i do however think these are symptoms of ttc!

Is anyone else finding this very hard? The monthly mind games our bodies play, the anxiety of not knowing if we are infertile, the thought of never having a child! I feel like im going insane.

Hubby is great and has said that he thinks it will happen when its meant to but i just can't get the image of us as an old couple with no children out of my head! I havent been sleeping very well (never do the first day hubby leaves) since monday night! I can only talk to you girls as i cant call hubby he has to call me and no one else knows we are ttc!

How do you all cope with ttc?

xcx

Replies

• Options
    Sending you a big hug.Obviously its different for me as I already have Grace but it takes its toll on me every month. I have tried for a year now and I too have far too much time to think about it all and don't know how other people manage to think about anything else.
    I ahve found though that some months are loads easier than others and I don't know why.
    I am sure that you will not be childless oldies. If you get to a year with no bfp then you'll be able to have investigations and treatment if necesary but I'm sure that isn't going to happen.
    Even though most people I know know that I am ttc I get most of support on here and find this plce and you girls invaluable.
    Sending you lots of PMA as although I have none for myself today I've got some for you.
    H.xxx
  • Options
    AW 2bsmart,

It is so hard ttc, i never imagined i would find it so difficult, I get days where im ok and other days im not. It cant be easy with DH away alot. Its hard not to think about it but iv been trying to busy myself with other things, so in Jan I applied for a new job and went through a hurendous (sp??) interview, Feb is mon sons 8th birthday so will be organinsing this and have planned a few evenings out.

Why dont you try dome distraction techniques and go out with a friend or plan something that will challenge you so you have somenthing else to think about

Any how, we are all here to chat and hope you feel brighter soon xx
  • Options
    ARRGGHH, be ate my post!!

OK it didnt eat my post its just being naughty today!!

[Modified by: LOOBYLOU81 on January 31, 2009 10:12 AM]

• Options
    thanks girls i burst into tears reading your posts. Hjanea think its one of those months!
    Think with cancelling the honeymoon etc i feel like i have nothing to look forward to apart from another month ttc! I only really have pone friend who lives near here and she is the wife of one of the rugby guys - have text her and she is going to come round and see me on monday for lunch - will probably tell her about ttc as need to talk to someone and as she has 2 LO's she will probably understand!
    Honestly i dont know what i would do withoput you girls, i really wouldnt have anyone else to speak to as when hubby is away the only person i see is his mother!
    I moved from the city (have lived there all my life) to a very rural location with lots of old people and families - so not much chance of a 25 yr old meeting with anyone, maybe i could borrow someones child and attend mother and toddler or do the school run. When i go down to the village there are always lots of mums chatting! Ok scrap that idea.
    ok ill stop ranting now.
    xcx
  • Options
    Hi 2bsmart,

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down. The crazy thing is that all the girls on this site are doing everything we should, looking after ourselves, BDing lots and driving the PMA, but mother nature seems to like to take her time. I am 3DPO so not far beind you and I find the wait really difficult. I get all excited and the heart sinks when MRS AF pops up to say hello.

But then every so often, someone puts a post with a BFP! That really keeps me going and I hope it does for you too. My friend who has a 6-month old spent a year trying and then fell PG when she didn;t think they'd BD'd at the right time. She reckons it's all a matter of luck. She also reminded me that the love between the Mum & the Dad is critical - the offspring comes out of that love. We need to love our DHs and just see what happens. Easier said than done though!

Best wishes and lots of fairy dust to you
    Goldilocks xxx

• Options
    Would it be worth chatting to your DH and telling how lonely you feel, maybe consider moving somewhere a little more livey??
  • Options
    We chatted about it and we both said that once we do have children this house and location will be perfect. So im stuck between a rock and a hard place, guess i just have to wait it out. However do feel like my life is on hold.
    xcx
  • Options
    argh, i could scream. i feel so angry, bitter, upset, sad & mad all at the same time! i cooould punch someone.

xcx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are feeling blue today, I can totally emphathise with you. I never imagined ttc would be so hard and I really am shocked at how difficult it is. There's no doubt it takes it out of you physically and emotionally every single day, so please don't think you are alone.

BE is great, it's my savour too as I don't talk to anyone else about ttc, not even DH really. I feel that you must try and put something into your life so that your whole focus isn't ttc. The pressure you put yourself under will not be helping, you know. I know it's difficult but have a think, do you work? If you have some spare time why not enrol for a course, if you can't get out, do an open university one at home. How about some volunteering? It can be very rewarding and will give you something else to focus on, even if for only a few hours a week.

I can't say that I'm coping well with ttc myself but I do try and fill my time with other things. I also try to limit the times I come on BE as I think that just makes me obsess even more (still love it though)!

You are still very young so please try not to worry about infertility, I'm sure you will get your BFP soon. Take care of yourself xx
  • Options
    aw 2bsmart I know how you are feeling, I have been like this all month, we never really know how hard ttc is until we start it ourselves.
    I know it must be really difficult with your hubby working away but we are all here for you, we keep you company.:\)
    Chin up though it will happen for us, just taking longer than we expected.
    Sending massive hugs your way xxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi hon,

Sorry you're feeling down about it. I have so much sympathy for you. When I was TTC the times I found it hardest were in the school holidays where I wasn't busy with work and other people. I drove myself mad mooching around on the internet and even though I LOVE BE it can make you obssessive.

Now I'm pregnant, I yet again find the weekends and holidays really hard as it's when I dwell on every symptom or lack of symptom.

So I completely understand where you're coming from, hugs xxx
  • Options
    Oh hun, you know we're all here for you. Sorry to hear you're feeling down.

I am back on here again at last, had my sisters 3 children (12,6,and 3) as well as my own (16 months) for a sleepover last night, i'm exhausted and they've just gone home! So sorry i haven't posted much, but i'm back now if you need to chat.

You asked me yesterday about symptoms and at 6-7DPO i was really tearful and feeling really down so you never know it may be a good sign! I really really hope it is your month.

Amy. x
  • Options
    Hey sweetie

I agree with other posts - some months are easier than others but when you are having a bad month the only word I can describe it as is despair.

I moved into my 15th months ttc this month and was heartbroken. I have to say that I took a few days away from BE and as much as I love chatting and reading posts with you ladies the break helped. I was becoming a bit obsessive logging on in every spare minute and all I was thinking about was ttc.

I am really scared that I will never become a mum but in my better moments I realise that I am so lucky to have a wonderful family and partner and that actually I am not completely in control of what's going to happen and when (I believe in destiny and fate).

You sound like a lovely person and I'm sure that there is a beautiful baby spirit just waiting to come into your life soon - it's just so frustrating that we aren't able to see when that is supposed to happen.

The wait will all be worth it soon xxx
  • Options
    thanks girls, i got my self off lie and went and sorted the wood for the next few days as we are meant to have snow, have hoovered & am making beetroot soup - my favourite!
    I feel like a raving emotional lunatic this month, i mean im often teary but think ttc is just wearing me thin this month! i was actually sobing like a nutter!
    im so glad i have all you lot to make me feel sane as otherwise i would be thinking i was needing to be taken away in the loony van! LOL.
    im feeling alot better but still a little teary - cutting up onions didnt help!
    Girls you really are lovely and i dont think i could go through this without you lot - crazy as i have never met you but hey ho!
    xcx
  • Options
    I agree - this is such a lovely supportive forum. Everyone is great xxx
  • Options
    I agree, I couldn't have got through the last 6 months without everyone on here. TTC is so bloody hard for something meant to be so natural!

You are not ready for the loony van yet and I am not leaving you until you get your BFP! Don't think it's over, 2 weeks ago i posted on here that AF was on her way as had usual thick jellylike yellowish CM on CD25 and was really tearful and down like i get with AF and she is now a week late. It is cruel that AF/PG symptoms are so similar. It is not over yet and i still have a good feeling for you this month, i really do!

Amy .x
  • Options
    oh thanks amy, thats so sweet of you. I would love to get my bfp soon so we can go to pg together, it would be amazing but just not getting to excited about it as i know how disappointed i was last cycle.
    xcx
  • Options
    I know, it is so hard to not get your hopes up each month when TTC is all you can think about, but you still do and it's so hard if AF arrives. I would love it to be a BFP for you and would be thrilled to go to PG together.

AF is a week late now and that is good but i'm concerned about these lines, if the hormones are not getting stronger i'm worried it's a BFP but not going to stick. I'm going to test again this week (what do you think, CBD or another FR?) but going to be gutted if it's a BFN. I don't have a good feeling about it to be honest.

Amy. x
  • Options
    i would do a fr that way you can see if there is difference in strength of colour if not go to the dr & get your bloods done that way they can tell you how much hormone you are actually producing! the chances are you are producing enough its just not getting to your urine in such high concentrations. dont worry everything will be fine.
    xcx
  • Options
    Thanks hun, I don't know why she didn't tell me do a blood test when i saw her yesterday. I hope you're right, it is just so easy to worry about every little sign/symptom throughout this whole process.

Going to Tesco later so will have a look at what's there but FR may be my best bet again like you said, although tesco hpt did have a faint line too.

See how far the pennies go, all these tests are getting expensive!

I've g2g as LO just woken up from a nap, talk to you later. Keep your chin up, i know it's hard with DH away and feeling down but just pamper yourself and try not to symptom spot!

Amy. x