Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying for a year and still nothing...

Me and my hubby have been trying for just over a year now... and still nothing has happened.
I have been to hospital to be tested for a std but nothing...
Im young, healthy and very confused as to why its not happening.
You get these idiots that get pregnant straight away that dont even want a baby! but the couples that geniunly want a baby have trouble!!!!! Please any sugestions? x:\?

Replies

• Options
    Have you spoken to your GP? They can do a blood test to check that you are ovulating. I had to get one done & you get the results back fairly quickly

Hilary x
  • Options
    :cry:

[Modified by: Roxy_dan on October 04, 2007 03:27 PM]
  • Options
    Hiya, I'm 24 and have been trying for 9 months now. Ive recently bought a Clearblue Fertility Monitor which I can start next week so fingers crossed it will work! Have you tried a monitor or ov sticks?
  • Options
    It took us 7 months to conceive & I was getting frustrated that nothing was happenong this time as it happened almost right away with our 1st. I like you thought I should have been ovulating coz I'm only 27 & it turned out that the pill had taken longer to get out of my system than normal (though it can take up to a year I'm told) The doctor gave me a low dose of clomid & the next month I got a positive result. It would def be worth speaking to your doctor

Good Luck
    Hilary x
  • Options
    No... are they easy to use??? I try to pretend im not worried about getting pregnant, put on a brave face for my hubby but deep down i am sh##ing myself!
  • Options
    Its really easy to say but try not to worry about it too much. I have a friend & it took them 2 years to conceive. I know thats a long time but they have a beautiful baby girl now & shes swears that it was only when she put it to the back of her mind that something happened.

When we were trying my doctor said that the best way to increase your chances of conceiving is to have sex every 3rd day from your period ends til your period begins or is late. She said that having it anymore often can mean the sperm is lower quality & therefore can decrease your chances but every 3rd day means the sperm has time to recover & is stronger. This way you'll always have sperm in your system.

Good Luck
    Hilary x
  • Options
    Hi Roxy,

That must be so hard for you. I can't imagine it taking that long - I get upset after three months, so my heart goes out to you. If I were you I'd go to your GP. I went to have a chat with mine before we started TTC and she said if nothing happens in a year to come back. It could be something so simple that you just need to know about and it might make you feel better about it. Chin up hun and best of luck.

Rach x
  • Options
    Hi, Me n hubby tried for 14 months before i fell pregnant, we had taken fertility tests so we knew that we were both ok. It took a long time but always remember good things come to those who wait. Be patient and i'm sure your time will come soon. I'm now 41+1 weeks and being induced sunday. Good luck. xx
  • Options
    Thank you all so much. i wish i found this website ages ago!!! This may sound really rude and u may not wanna hear it but when my partner comes, it doesnt always ''stay in'' could this be a problem?! x
  • Options
    when you say 'stay in' do you mean that it leaks out of you or are talking about something else?

From my experience there is no embarrassment on this site and never too much info so get it out there!!
  • Options
    when he comes inside me, it leaks out yes! not all the time...
  • Options
    took us 3 yrs and icsi treatment so one year doesnt seem long to me...
    leyla 39+1
  • Options
    You could try propping your bum up on a pillow or two and stay lying down afterwards to revent the leaks Roxy. It might help a bit. No idea what to say re trying for a year sorry. I really feel for you. I am young,healthy etc and it's been nearly 6 months for us and I am finding it very difficult so can't imagine how you feel. Coming on here and having a rant or asking questions helps a lot. Good luck xxxx
  • Options
    I have tried that... we end up laughing and it leaks out anyway! Yes.... this site does help.... as i said - wish i found it ages ago!!!!!!!!!! xxx
  • Options
    Hi Roxy,
    Laughing could contribute to it leaking or coughing as it flexes your muscles down there (if you get my meaning!)
    Or maybe theres just so much of it, a little leaks out naturally...lol! But seriously I'm sure staying laying down after with your bum on a pillow sounds like a good plan - or have seen on the tv women put their legs up against a wall! But then I'm not pg - as not ttc yet til get next a/f so feel free not to take my advice...lol!!!!
    On another thread there has been talk of reflexology - have you thought about anything like that - or having something to relax and take your mind off it - I've heard people on here have indian head massage and insist that it helped them get pregnant - just a thought!
    Good luck and hope you get your BFP soon! Sending you lots of baby dust!

XXXXXX
  • Options
    Hi Hun.

Its been nearly 7 months for us!! Im only 25 ans we got married last year in april.

several people have told me lately that the 'every other day' plan works...one of them is due in Dec!!!
    Its because it takes 48 hours for the sperm to mature and its mature sperm we need...been sticking to it this month and am due on 17th...but hopefully not ...xxxx

• Options
    Hmmm I'm hearing quite a lot about this 48 hour thing... may give it a try (not at weekend though lolimage)

Roxy-dan i think the only other thing I would suggest re your leaking problem is make sure he comes quite deep inside you - so no shallow positions! And maybe try the legs in the air trick after that... I'm not resorting to that yet but i've again heard stories from women who swear by it!!
  • Options
    I've been a right devil lately too SB! I think Mr Jules is a bit scared. lol. I've nevr heard of the 48 hour thing before. Is that true? Could be where we've been going wrong. Hoping the every other day method works.
    Don't know if this is too much info but if you put your legs right back so that your knees are around your ears (when you are on your back) during the last part of BDing then he withdraws straight away after coming and you stay like that for a minute or too, that helps prevent leaks.
    What an elegant image that is.
    Your Doctor will start testing and looking into it after you've been trying for a year Roxy so I think that's the best thing to do. xxx