Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Evap lines on Ebay tests?

Hi everyone.

I just wondered whether anyone might be able to give me some advice with ebay pregnancy tests. I think af should be due Thursday (my cycles haven't completly settled since I cam off the pill 9 months ago) and so far there's no sign.

I have been testing for the past few days ( i know I shouldn't but I just can't seem to help myself!) and so far all BFNs. This morning i used a cheapy ebay test and although there was no obvious line, there was a shadow of a line withing the 10 minutes (it really is a shadow and embaressingly I found myself holding it up towards the light to see if it was any clearer!!)

I'm guessing it's probably an evap line but I'm clinging onto the hope it might be a very faint line.

I just wondered if anyone had experienced evap line with ebay tests

Thanks girls
Em xx

Replies

• Options
    I've not had any experience of evap lines - i Havne't even made it to testing time yet!! But i have read some of the other girls have had evap lines on ebay tests after the test has dried around the 10min mark. Hope this helps.

Em
    xx
  • Options
    I've had a few evaps with the cheapie e bay tests, they seem to do this very close to the time limit. Am not using them any more as get my hopes up.
    Am also due Thursday and have no symptoms of it coming, had cramps early today but for only few mins, nil else, no sore bb's.
    Good luck, are you testing tomoz?
    Filo x
  • Options
    Thanks girls, I think I know they're really evap lines but a tiny part of me hopes it might not be!

Filo, I'll definately be testing tomorrow, I appear to have developed an obsession with it! I'll have to pop out and pick up some better quality tests, the ebay ones are not seeming to be the best. The one this morning really did raise my hopes.
    I've not really had any signs of pregnancy or af, just like you, a few cramps but no sore bb's or tiredness. I never thought I'd be wishing aches and sickness on myself!

Are you testing tomorrow? Good luck
    Em xx
  • Options
    hi i have had a feew like filo said lol at holding it to the light! i do that too! i have come to the decision its not a bfp until its a solid pink line! its horrible when you do another and its bfn and hoping crash down! im not testing tom i did another today and bfn so leaving it now for a while x