Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fallen at the first hurdle :(

ohh, , ohh, ohh. Looks like AF is trying to put in an appearance. Another failed month and I was more hopeful this month than any other month since we started trying.
I need a little bit of positive reassurance from everyone if poss. Is there anyone out there as irregular as me that has become pregnant? I'm beginning to feel I'm really up against it all, every month my periods are erratic, they vary from 33, 35, 31, 43, 41, 30 days- there's no rhyme or reason for this. I can't even predict when I will ovulate- each month is different, the ovulation sticks give me a positive after ovulation, my temperatures don't seem to tell me anything at all- and it feels like I have been trying to conceive forever. My cm tells me when I am fertile but every month I am missing the key day- sometimes by one day! I just can't see how I am going to get pregnant when I am so irregular. I have nothing to work from! Has anyone else managed it? How long should I leave it before e seeing a doctor? Usually they say a year. I have been trying to conceive since August and a m/c in September.
I'm finding every month harder now and its really getting me down image:cry:

Replies

• Options
    Hi lilypingu, my names gem and i had m/c 8 weeks ago, before then i had been trying to get pg for 2 years, doctors weren't taking me serious wen i first went to see them as im only 22 and they dont really listen to younger women with regards to getting pg, anyway, i went to see a new doctor who told me i have pcos, my periods are also irregular(i once had a break of 6 months between them!!) so i have never been able to tell when is the best time either, however im now taking clomid which is an infertility drug, it regulates me basically (sorry if you already no this-i dont think your thick) and that was how i got pg. Unfortunately as i said i had m/c before i even realised i was pg, had been a week late for af but as i have never been regular i didnt think anything of it, i ve recently had my af and so am ttc again, sorry if this has no relevance to your probs just thought id reply to you, Hope everything works out for you, x
  • Options
    Hi ya, i no u probably hear this all the time but if i can get pg any1 can! Im 20+5 & this is the furthest i have ever got with a pregnancy. I had less then 4 periods a yr & i have severe pcos so all i can say is keep on tryin. I tried for yrs & i feel blessed now, it was worth all the heart ache. Sorry i cant give u any guidance as to what to do or when to do it. I had as much sex as possible, no matter what time of the month it was. I had nothin 2 go by or any dates to follow bcos i was so irregular. It wasnt uncommon 4 me 2 not come on for 8 months or so. Tell ur o/h 2 take zinc to make his sperm count higher! If u have pcos try 2 eat less mushroom & sweet products. LOADS OF LUCK, TESS***
  • Options
    CLOMIDE??? Dont quote me on this but im sure they use this drug 2 prevent ppl from m/c. ppl who have continuous m/c's. My sis had this, ill double check with her.
  • Options
    Sorry no that was PREGNYL. Its worth lookin in2 if u repeatidly have m/c's. Ask a fertility dr about it. Oh & Gemski, the drs never took me seriously cos i was diagnosed with pcos when i was 15 & started ttc from 18 yrs old. Im 24 now, i think i was referred 2 fertility clinic when i was 21 or nearly 21. THEY DONT TAKE YOUNG GIRLS SERIOUSLY.
  • Options
    mushrooms? What do they do? Have had ovary scans for pcos- found one enlarged ovary but not quite large enough to be classed as pcos. The hormone levels were apparent ok- but doesn't help with the irregularity of my periods. Was told that if I had not conceived after a year to go back to the doctors, so I guess I will have to keep going! I'm glad you've finally done it tess1- how did you manage to keep going during those years of ttc. I'm frustrated by others i know who just seem to get pg at the drop of a hat and yet I'm still struggling. It's the hardest thing I've ever done.
  • Options
    Have had just one m/c- things didn't go well from the word go. I'm 28 and still young but I think that it just goes to show that age doesn't seem to have much effect. i know colleagues who are 33 and 41 who have conceived recently, very quickly. Will try until August and then maybe pay doc a visit if it hasn't happened.
  • Options
    Hi im not sure what they do but i read that they dont help with fertility in ppl with pcos. U cant miss the cysts on my ovaries. They both have high volumes. I totally understand about the ppl who conceive easily. I was tryin along time b4 all of my friends. Half of them werent even interested in kids & the majority of my female friends now have babies!

These r ppl who drink & smoke & do all the things u shouldnt do if ur ttc. I was strugglin yet doin everythin i could possibly do 2 get pg. I hated it but it was sooooooooo worth it now. I wish u all the luck in the world, i really mean it & i wish i knew about this site when i was ttc. The support is amazin on here. Tess***
  • Options
    Thank you- I wish you all the best with your pregnancy. x
  • Options
    Cant u tel the doc u HAVE been tryin 4 a yr??? Do they know when u started ur journey. I would lie!!!
  • Options
    Thanks Tess, thas brilliant your finally pg, you really deserve all the happiness that little bit of you and your o/h will give you. I really hope it happens for me too, i was starting to think it was neva going to happen for us and even tho i had m/c girls on other posts have told me that if it can happen once it can happen again, just started ttc again recently and im due on 2nd April so got a target now, lol, Speak soon, thanks again
  • Options
    Hi Lilypingu
    Sorry to hear about all your problems ttc. We are due to start trying form next month so can't really offer to much advice really but I hope you do get pg soon. Something else i read somewhere was that folic acid is good for men to take to as it apparently helps with producing good quality sperm.
    Try to stay positive
    Jilly