Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else ovulating?

Just wondered if there is anyone else out there trying like mad this past few days? It's the first month we have tried especially hard and I think the waiting for another 2 weeks is possibly going to drive me slightly bonkers!! Also what's the best ways to tell that I'm ovulating?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Amberley, I've apparently ov but not been trying like mad due to circumstances making it difficult to do so! Still... you only need to have done it once, with some luck. As for how you know that your ovulating, some swear by CM (cervical mucus) but personally I've been using the digital ovulation tests where you get a smiley face to tell you the best time to ttc. The tests are expensive and can add to the stress. If it's only your first month I would probably suggest relaxing and trying not to get too stressed about it, apparently it does not help! I've been trying for a year, with one pg that ended with an early mc, I am now definately bonkers!! GOOD LUCK. Love George, x
  • Options
    Hi Amberley, This is our second month of trying & I have been using the Boots ovulation tests. They are really simple to use & you get an immediate result. I am going into my 3rd month since coming off the pill & am yet to get a result that shows I am ovulating. I appreciate that it is early days & my hormones are still probably settling down however it is a concern as to how long I should leave it prior to seeing my Dr, I am 37.5 years old & don't want to risk leaving it any later than I have to, Good Luck!
  • Options
    Hi George & Ted, thanks for your replies. I have used OV kits a couple of months since trying and they confirmed that I OV quite late in the month which was good to know. Felt like I didn't want to use them this month for some reason, decided just to try extra hard instead. So fingers crossed for all of us who are trying, I'm sure it will happen soon. x
  • Options
    Hi everyone, this is my first month ttc aswell, but I'm on day 32 so waiting for af to arrive, or not, we'll see! My cycle is usually quite long though, 35-37 days so I normally ov later in the month too around day 21. Good luck to everyone. image