Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

advice please!

:cry::cry: :cry

Hi girls, amidst a great big sob at the minute. Day 29 today for me, normal cycle ranges from 30-36 days and ov this month was all lined up to be a 30 day cycle. This is month 8 of ttc and month 2 of using ov kits.(both positive). Got some streaks(sorry!!) of blood on my underwear today and some mild af pains too so i guess af is arriving a day early!!! I am gutted as i really thought this might be it. Well having said that i guess we all do every month.

Trouble is that that a baby concieved this month would due end of march, so by next month baby would be due end of april. I am due to be a bridesmaid for my sis in law next may (2nd week in may) so oh and i had agreed that if it did not happen this month we would have to leave it for a couple of months so as not to spoil the wedding or incase i missed it altogether by having my baby early. I also dont want to let her down by being massive at the time!!!!!!! But now that is actually here i dont know if i want to wait two or three months before trying again. I want a baby so much and i dont think i can cope wih waiting as it might take months yet anyway!!

What do you think i should do? My sis in law has a wee baby herself and was pg and had a baby 6 weeks before she was my bridesmaid and i didnt mind but not sure how she would feel if i couldnt do it for her.

i hate ttc it is so bloody depressing!!!! day 1 again perhaps??????? will have to see if it develops i guess.
xxxxxxxxx :\( :\? :cry:

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun
    Firstly what I would say is try not to get yourself too upset and stressed out about it. ( I know, easier said than done). But the more worked up you get the harder it makes it.
    Me and OH agreed to leave it 18 months to try again so I could concentrate on my new job and do you what what, I got pregnant a week later. Sometimes when you take the focus off it just happens. We had been trying for 2 years before that.
    Don't worry about the wedding either. That is just added stress that you needn't worry about. ( I bet that your sis in law would be fine - what better reason is there than a baby!?!)
    Just try to relax and have some fun whilst practising all the baby making!!
    Take care and sending lots of baby dust your way!
    Tracey
  • Options
    Hi

I completely agree with Trackieann. I had got myself in a right state about not conceiving then we had a mc, then I got more stressed about it happening. Hubby then went away with work for 4 months and I was only going to see him occasionally so completely forgot about ttc. He came home for one night and hey presto I am now 21 weeks!

I am sure once I stopped thinking about it, it just happened naturallly...but it is so difficult NOT to think about it and I was lucky as I had to organise us moving 350 miles whilst he was gone...so that took up loads of time! First period due in new house never came!!!

As for the wedding,,,I am sure your sis in law would be horrified if you told here you were putting of ttc because of her wedding.

My best advice is throw away the sticks,buy a bottle of champagne and celebrate not thinking about ttc!

Good luck.

C.x
  • Options
    cheers girls. well af still not arrived but think it will tommorrow so guess its back to day 1. might give it a try but its really hard to stop thinking about it because even if we are not thinking about it its still in the back of my mind!

thanks for your advice though xxx
  • Options
    hi jellybaby, hope streaking is not af, don't get too down. Even if it is don't stop ttc, if your preg or if yur huge or if you've got baby or 2 or 3 then you cross that bridge nearer to the wedding!!
  • Options
    Hi Jellybaby, so hoping that it was a bit of implantation bleeding or something and that your af stays away. As the others say I can't believe for one minute that your SIL would mind you putting a baby before being a bridesmaid at her wedding! My friend got pregnant (by accident!) and her due date was her SIL wedding day! Her MIL was a bit of a cow about it all and guess what she ended up having it on her due date lol!!! Just go for it girl and do what you want to do, if your af does turn up this time then try and focus on something else for a bit. As the others say treat youself if you can, have a steamy night in a hotel with a jacuzzi bath and a bottle of champagne! If nothing else I guarantee you will have a fab time!! lol!

Sending you a hug! Liz xxx
  • Options
    hi i had been trying 2 get pg for 18m + oh was working away + i gave up hope.god knows how it happened but got bfp even though had hardly seen him!my son is 14m now + been ttc since he was born so maybe i should take my own advice here but i think everyone is right just have fun with oh if u can take holiday think thats when it happened with me.:lol:;\)
  • Options
    Awwwwwwwww Jellybaby! Any news on the af front? Maybe it is implantation bleeding and i really hope for one that it is!!!! Without wishing to sound a preacher, you only live once. Why put off until tomorrow, what you can do today? I most certainly wouldnt stop trying, your SIL will be delighted for you if there was a baby on the horizon! My advice is still go for it and what will be will be image Best of luck and let us know if af still staying away image lots of love and kisses, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Jellybaby, any news? Hope af stays away and you get your bfp!! xxxx
  • Options
    Hi girls. Looks like af has arrived. Its strange though. The last 2 months have been so light, which its not normally. Almost like the very last day would normally be. Not sure why? Did wonder for a fleeting moment if it could be because i got pg the first time with ov sticks last month, but then why did i ov again this month. Suppose its just wishful thinking. day 3 now- moving on again!!! Thanks for all your kind advice. Think you are right- I am sure SIL will understand in time- I guess we just have to keep trying.
    xxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Jellybaby, don't want to get your hopes up but have you done a test? My friend had weird periods for four months before realising she was pregnant!! Was a big shock to her i can tell you! May just be your body playing tricks but I would still do a test just to make sure.
    As I say, don't want to get your hopes up so don't be dissapointed if your not. Have you any other symptoms? xx
  • Options
    hi Liz, howz you and bump? Have not done a test this month for once!!! Have been needing to pee a lot more than normal i would day but no af pains, no sore boobs, nothing!! Back really sore, but then i do have back issues anyway so think thats down to that!!!

Maybe i will try a test later just to rule out being pg if nothing else.

thanks for suggesting it. xxx
  • Options
    Hi, I am good thanks. Got my 20 week scan on Monday so I am really excited about that, really hoping to find out the sex of the baby but I have heard today that there is a guy who gives the scans and his success rate of telling the right sex isn't so great!!

My first symptoms were feeling slightly travel sick when in the car or on the bus, and also peeing more. My boobs normally feel sore around my af so that wasn't a huge hint for me. The other thing that I was told gave me away to our landlady was that I got tiny little spots on my forehead. Just like small bumps under the skin, apparantly this is fairly common due to the hormones. I guess its like teenage acne but I had never had spots like it! Got that really early on but I had put it down to a camping trip we had where I hadn't been able to have my normal shower every day and figured my skin was just reacting to not being as clean as normal!!

Other thing is if you are peeing a lot and have a sore back that can be a sign of a water infection so may be worth getting checked out anyway.

Really hope you get lucky soon!! xxx
  • Options
    wow!!!!! Actually noticed how bumpy my forehead felt the other day and just put it down to hormones. HMmmm well perhaps i will test just to see. Havent been in the car much to see!! glad to hea things are going well and you must let me know how your scan goes.

cheers again for all your advice, i will keep you posted, luv jellybaby xxxx
  • Options
    Will do, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Liz xxx ;\)
  • Options
    ;\)well, bfn today as if i wasnt expecting it!! going to lay off the ov kits for a while and try to take it easy. the stress wont be good for me. Going back to work in 3 weeks to which means even more stress so got to relax while i can.

xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Oh no!!! I would start planning something that you couldn't possibly do while pregnant or with a baby, bet you that will work!!!
    You take it easy, keeping everything crossed for you that it happens really soon.

Liz xxxx
  • Options
    Hi

Definitely agree with Liz re planning something you cannot do whilst pregnant!

I read another post where a lady said she decided to stop ttc for a while, so took a job promotion and bought a sportscar...only to then get pregnant!

Trouble is when all you can focus on is ttc you cannot see how stopping to think about it will make it happen...but for some bizarre reason it does!!!

Good luck :\)
  • Options
    just reading your posts ,my af arrived this month on day 43 which is the longest one in 4 months .The thing is i'm hardly bleeding at all which is strange for me done a test this morning got a bfn anyone know whats goin on
  • Options
    It took me 8 months to conceive my 1st baby and we had booked a cruise in the Sept, my husband suggested we used condoms for 2 months before as he didn't want to "ruin" our holiday but I refused and 2 weeks before we went we found out we were pregnant. I often wonder had we post poned trying how much longer it would have taken! I am 33 weeks pregnant with 2nd baby now and only took us 2 months this time, my advice is don't stop trying, if she has a child herself she will understand......any mum would.
  • Options
    thanks for that shazmyatt, i hope so, decided not to stop trying as it would break my heart to. Just have to hope god feels generous this month. Af been and gone so back to the old counting game. not using ov tests this month. going to try the plain old nookie method!!! and of course positions suggested here earlier by a girl who swore it worked first time so fingers crossed. xxxxx