Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A rant at 5.30AM...

So here I am again up at all hours and tonights worries? Having Rhesus O Negative blood may cause problems or at least will mean I'll have to have lots of injections if I ever get pregnant. MrJules might have reduced sperm motility because of hernia op as a kid. I was once told I had Strep B so will have to insist that my new GP checks me for it again but no idea when supposed to ask.

Honestly, when will I stop being such a worrit? The trouble is that I think too far ahead. I aren't pregnant yet so at least two of my questions are irrelevant still and my DH is seeing the doc with the other worry next week so there really isn't any point in me speculating etc. :roll:

I used to think you decided to get pregnant, stopped your contraception (what a waste of money that was!) and then you had sex and a couple of momths later you were pregnant. Then you had morning sickness and backache, decorated the nursery, had gas and air whilst giving birth in a hospital and ta-da you were a mother to a perfect baby. I live and learn :roll: I was sooo naive. I used to think I was an intelligent level headed woman until we started ttc now I'm not so sure... :lol:

Sorry for the major rant! Just ignore me. It's very late/early. Hope everyone is happy and well today. Lots of baby dust to you all xxx

[Modified by: *MrsJules* on 03 October 2007 05:34:08 ]

[Modified by: *MrsJules* on 03 October 2007 05:36:36 ]

Replies

• Options
    I know exactly how you feel Jules - that was my vision of how it was supposed to go too. TTC is the hardest, most emotionally draining thing I have ever done - and now I'm pregnant again I have a whole new set of worries too....

aaaarrrrggggghhhh!

Wishing you love and luck

• Options
    Dont worry jules, rant away!!!! Im rhesus neg and have strep b and have two healthy boys, as long as they know about it, u neednt worry!!! Itl happen hun, this is my last month as oh in the forces and is away til end of nov, so if we havent hit jackpot, guna been a couple months til we can go again!!!! Goodluck hun xxx kim xxx
  • Options
    Morning Mrs Jules, poor you - good that you had a rant!

I know just what you mean - it's so frustrating, esp when you're used to being in control of your life. I'm O neg too - we're fantastically useful if anyone else needs our blood but we can only use blood other O negs have donated... once again, not doing ourselves any favours ehimage

I spoke with my GP about that when I came off the Pill. I'm really worried about having a missed miscarriage, but what can we do? The main thing is that you know about your O neg status. I'm hoping that if I do fall pg they'll give me an extra scan or two so check against missed miscarriage... do you know anything about that?

Good luck honey, babydust all round! xx
  • Options
    *hugs*
    I read this first thing but wasn't awake enough to reply!
    Please don't worry about being Rhesus negative - I just found out a couple of weeks ago that I am - and it is 2 injections during pregnancy, and one afterwards if baby is Rhesus positive.

WhenI found out i was rh negative I had a long chat with my med student friend because he can explain stuff like that to me in small words so I understand. He calls the anti-d injections one of medicines great success stories and says they are very low risk, and no risk at all to baby.

Do you know mr Jules blood group? If he's rhesus negative also then you don't need the anti-d injections! We are waiting on hubbys blood type results so I'll know if I need the injections - I figure its best to know if they are necessary rather than take unnecessary medication.

From what I've read about group b strep - you need to have antibiotics via IV during labour if you have it, and its not something that is routinely tested for so you are probably best off nagging your doctor to check you out sooner rather than later then you are prepared.

Will your doc not do any tests at all to check you out? A year is a hell of a long time to wait!! After 9 months of trying, I encouraged my friend to go to the docs sooner rather than later and they did do a whole bunch of tests to check she was ovulating and to check her thyroid and a bunch of other stuff

hope that helps a little

weeza - I managed to get an early scan this pregnancy, following a mmc last year, but it was a hell of a battle with my doc to get referred for one because my stupid doc 'didn't see the point because if anything is going to happen, it'll happen and you can't do anything about it' - heartless bitch! I think the only reason I got one was because I am stubborn..so be prepared for a fight if you want an early scan!
  • Options
    Hi Mrs Jules,
    My thoughts are with you - I am still waiting for my a/f - it's been 20 weeks - so I can't even start ttc until get one as we both want me to have one more a/f before trying - it's making me think there is something wrong with me too! I think we all worry a bit - we are human! I hope you feel better soon! Don't worry about ranting this is what this place is for!
    Take care! M XXXXXXXX
  • Options
    Thank you all :\) Was thinking you might all think I'm a right moaning minnie :lol: Hearing that there are others with blood type whi haven't had any problems is a big help Kim, thank you.

I think half my trouble is lack of information so I am going to nite the bullet and go see the GP. Trouble is it's a smallish practice and I aren't that keen on my current doc. He is really nice and everything but not sure he takes me and my 'womens problems' ( :roll: ) seriously. When I went about my awful mood swings and severe PMS he just gave me a print out about diet. It seems to have settled itself down last month but when I do have it, it is truly hideous :\( Not sure how to ask to change docs. Doctor's receptionists scare me! image Maybe I should just give him another chance. At least he isn't horrible.

The sooner I see him the sooner I can put all these niggles to him and then I'll feel safer ttc.

I don't know anything about missed miscarriage, sorry Weeza. I'm sure someone on here will know something though. Is that a risk with RN O type blood? I have no idea what DH's blood type is because he hates needles. (even though he tests other peoples blood at work. He's okay with that just when it's his own arm! lol) When he goes to doc next week I'm gong in with him and I'll ask them to test him then. Cruel I know but it won't get done otherwise ;\)

Only a couple of days of trying time again. I am determined not to get as worked up during the two (ish) week wait this time. Good luck to you all too xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs Jules, just a thought - but do you have a family planing clinic or ask to see a nurse as your local surgery instead of a doctor just to talk things through! Or maybe call the nhs helpline - talk to a nurse there and then you'll be armed with the info before seeing your doc and getting fobbed off!
    Just a thought- feel free to tell me to sod off as I may not have clue!!!
    Love M
    XXXXX
  • Options
    Seeing the nurse is a good idea. They are always more down to earth and less scary! lol. We don't have a family planning clinic unfortunately. Thanks for the idea. I feel better about seeing a nurse rather than a doc when it's just questions. xxx