Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

On th pill for 9 years...want to get pregnant ASAP

Hi!

I've been on microgynon for 9 years and came off it end of Jan to hopefully get pregnant ASAP!

Just wondered how quickly other pople got pregnant after coming off the pill and how long they were on the pill.

I feel so negative about it at the mo and need som PMA and maybe if I knew there was a chance I might get pregnant sooner rather than later I would fel much better.

Thanks every1.

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I was on microgynon for 14 years I have now been trying for 10 months I'm sure it won't take you this long though.

Good Luck
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    Hi, I was on the pill for about 15 years and it took me 6 months to conceive lo... I went back on the pill after he was born, but came off after 6 months as we are ttc number two!!!

Good luck...

Sara
  • Options
    Its just so frustrating that your not in control of this and that you have to kind of let your body do its natural thing and Im such a control freak and this is just out of my hands.AAAaaahh!
  • Options
    Hi Marshmellow
    I'm exactly the same as you. Been on the pill for 9 years (although a different one - Triadene) and just came off it at end of Jan (on CD 13 now). I am also a complete control freak and a planner and I know it's going to drive me mad that I can't do anything about this. My way of trying to control it as much as possible is being armed with info. I have read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and am now 'charting' my cycles. Even though I'm only on cycle 1 and am just learning, still it feels like I'm doing something.
    I am clinging onto the hope that there is some evidence to suggest some people are very fertile straight after the pill, so want to make sure we do lots of BDing this month!! ;\)
  • Options
    Hi!

I was on the pill for 10 yrs (various types) and fell pg in one month after coming off pill. I'm now 7weeks so fingers crossed everything will be ok

Good luck to everyone
    xx
  • Options
    hi i had been on the same pill for 9 years as well and it took us 3 months to get concieve. now have a beautiful daughter who is 15 weeks old. my best piece of advice is to relax (which i know is hard) good luck x
  • Options
    Hi, I was on varoius different pills for about 15years and I fell pregnant the 1st month. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage but I'm 7wks pregnant again, 2nd month. So fingers crossed this one is a keeper. It takes a different time for everyone's bodies to adjust, but I have heard that the first 2 weeks after stopping the pill can be your most fertile. S x
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help this means a lot to me, I need to be positive but need to keep in mind that it might take longer and enjoy it in the meantime. I'll keep my fingers crossed for every1 and congratulations to all that have had a BFP!Should I try and get to understand my body more or just keep on BD every other day?
  • Options
    I think that's up to you. I am someone who likes to know as much info as possible (about most things that are going on in my life), but if you think that might make you obsessive then why not just carry on BD every other day? That should certainly ensure when ovulation occurs then you'll have done the deed!
    Hope you get a BFP soon!
  • Options
    Hi
    I was on microgynon for about 2/3 yrs. I came off pill begining of July but didnt start trying straight away as i wanted the pill out of my system before ttc. 5months later i fell preg, it was planned tho. I got to grips with my ov and timed it right! Good Luck & Baby Dust xxxxx
  • Options
    less than 1% ooh my, I didn't know that. If my AF get back to normal soon is that a good sign?
  • Options
    Thanks Zoey85, Im sorry to hear that you lost two and hope that your pregnancy goes well, I hope for my own sanity (and my oh) that I am one of the lucky few who fall pregnant very soon and that I come on here and can tell you all of the good news.xxxx
  • Options
    Hiya!

I was on the pill for 10 years and came off in August... still waiting ....but cycles are becoming shorter which is a good thing, ive learnt (the hard way) patience is a virtue xxxx
  • Options
    Hey Marshmallow. Microgynon is definitely not one of the strongest pills on the market and I don't think that 1% statistic is accurate. I have a document which compares the oestrogen levels of all the pills on the market and distinctly remember that Microgynon was not one of the ones to worry about. I have to dash off somewhere now but will dig it out for you this evening and post the link, hopefully this wil reassure you.
  • Options
    Thanks, pinktoothbrush, that would be very much appreciated!!!!! I need some good news. Soo confused at the mo its on my brain 24/7. I want a period so that I know that my body is getting back to normal but yet I dont want one as I'd rather get a BFP!
  • Options
    Just bumped it up for you - it's the post called "pill dosage info".

I was on the pill for about 6 years - a higher dosage pill than Microgynon - and it's taken 5 months for my cycles to regulate. Soooo frustrating, but compared to some I've been lucky. Hope yours sort themseves out sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    I also don't think that 1% statistic is correct, from what I've read you are actually more fertile after coming off the pill than someone not on the pill.
  • Options
    Hi
    I was on microgynon for about 7 and a half years. I stopped taking it in September, got my 'fake' period as usual, then in October got my 'real' period then no period in November! They told me it would take the 'average' couple 6 months to conceive and I do appreciate how lucky we were. My period came back to normal straight away, just the same as they were before going on the pill. I had never had any trouble with my periods before and I was so relieved I went back to 'normal' so quickly. You can read some real horror stories about other people's reaction to coming off the pill, but what really matters is how your body reacts and as other people have said, we are all different. Good luck trying!
  • Options
    were you pregnant in nov and that's why no af?