Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When's OK to try for a baby after C Section

Hi All

I'm after any advice anyone can give..

When is it safe (health wise) to try for another baby after a C Section?

I currently have a 9 week old (tomorrow) beautiful baby boy after suffering 4 miscarriages prior to 14 weeks in the last 5 years (last of which was March 07, however fell pregnant again straight away and saw this one through thankfully)

I would love to have another lo close in age to Hayden and although I fell pregnant straight away after my last miscarriage, my body clock is rapidly working against me (36 years old today) and I realise it could take longer to conceive. Not yet had a visit from AF yet since giving birth either..

I know they say that your body takes a year to heal after C section, however has anyone had another baby within this time? What problems could I be facing?

Mandy

Replies

• Options
    i had a c sec with my first whos now 9 1/2 months and weve been trying since he was 5 months old.
    no joy yet but i'm hoping for this month.....

i would talk to your mw, but my gp and mw said it was fine to start at 5 months because it was highly unlikely i'd catch that quick due to circumstances (bf and other medical stuff) so woulod be well healed by the time i did..

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for comments so far
    Stephey - got my fingers crossed you catch on soon xx
  • Options
    i had 4 kids all by c section within 5 years that was 16 years ago i am now pregnant 21w 4 days and have to have another one im more worried at the length of time since my last good luck on getting pregnant again x
  • Options
    i had 4 kids all by c section within 5 years that was 16 years ago i am now pregnant 21w 4 days and have to have another one im more worried at the length of time since my last good luck on getting pregnant again x
    I thought you couldn't have more than 4 sections in case of complications?

My mum got pregnant with my sister 9 months after having me by section & she was fine. She is convinced she shouldn't have got pg so soon after section, but never had any problems.