Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying agin after m/c - Feeling blue

Hi Everyone,

Im a newbie. Hubby and I began trying at the start of December after I had been on the pill for 10 years, and were lucky enough to fall pregnant in January. Sadly I had an early miscarriage, I was 5+6 wks. All happened naturally and only bled for 2 days. We both were absolutely devastated, thought I was getting better until a girl at my work announced her pregnancy a couple of weeks ago image

We are both eager to try again, and I got my af last Friday which was exactly 28 days (my usual cycle) after my miscarriage so at least everything appears to have gone back to normal.

Just wondered if anyone had any advice/tips to help me get back on track with things, Have booked in for reflexology next wed to help me chill out a bit (and also heard positive things about ttc and reflexology) and plan to get extremely jiggy with it next week! Would also help if anyone had any success stories about 1st pregnancies that end in loss but have gone onto have successful pregnancies the next time.

Sorry for all the rambling, I dont know of anyone personally who has gone through any of this so would appreciate your help image

Replies

• Options
    sorry hun to hear of your mc. A few of us on here have had them. I mc but was after my first baby and am currently ttc no. 2 so not quite the same. Fingers crossed for you though, welcome and babydust.
    Filo x
  • Options
    Thanks for the babydust, you are the first whos wished me some! xx
  • Options
    you're welcome. heres some more lets hope its lucky for you! *********************
    Filo x
  • Options
    I just wanted to say 'Hi' and welcome!

Em x
  • Options
    Hi Suz,

Sorry to hear about your mc.

I mc twins in Oct and went on to conceive in Jan, although sadly that resulted in mc number 2 (turns out I have some blood clotting thing that is being investigated). Apparently you are at your most fertile straight after a mc, so if trying again now is the route you want to take, then i recommend some serious bding! Everyone is different though. My advice is don't be too hard on yourself and enjoy being with your oh but take whatever time you need to grieve.

Wishing you all the luck in the world,

Em xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks Em1983 and Em1978, your kind words are most appreciated at this time.

Doesnt make it easier that there are pregnant women everywhere and that bloody Clearblue pregnancy test advert flashes up on the tv every 5 minutes!!! x
  • Options
    Hi Suz and welcome to ttc,

Really sorry to hear your sad news. My sister in law had a m/c on Saturday and the pain was almost unbearable to watch. She seems to be in much brighter spirits now, even though it's only a few days on, and believes that it just wasn't her time. Been a very sad weekend : (

She realises that she is very fertile after a m/c and although it may take a while for her to be ready, I think she'll be ttc again once she's had her 1st or 2nd AF in a month or so probably.

Good luck to you on your journey and much sticky babydust
    Iz x
    http://tt.lilypie.com/hxHs0/.png

• Options
    Thanks Posy 1971, If your Sister in law needs someone to speak to shes is more than welcome to pm me if she wants?

I know I definately felt better speaking to people about, I thought I was on the mend a few weeks back and felt quite positive but last week had to go to docs as was feeling quite low and not sleeping, he seems to think it was delayed shock.

Will feel better next week im sure as will be dtd a lot!!!! x
  • Options
    Hi Suz

Sorry to hear about your mc i mc on christmas day at 7 weeks after a car crash. We made the decision to start ttc again once bleeding had stopped...i unfortunatly didn't get my af back for 6 weeks and it arrived the day my sis announced her pg which really hit home that i should have been 12+ and how much i wanted to be pg again.

My situation is dif, same as filo in that we're ttc our second but i know there are a few girls on here who have been trying for 1st and had mc and are now on the pg forums.

Good luck with ttc baby dust to u.
    xx
    http://tt.lilypie.com/FRx50/.png

• Options
    Hiya,

So sorry to hear about your mc. I had a mc with my first pregnancy and have gone on to have 3 children, we're now trying for number 4!!
    It took me 3 months to conceive after my mc.
    Hope this helps, try to keep positive, I know it's hard but you will get your BFP.
    Good luck. xx

http://tt.lilypie.com/K7SJ0/.png

• Options
    Hi Suz, from one Suz to another !

I had a mc on 18th December at 5 or 6wks (not sure of dates). Exactly like you it was 1st month ttc after many years on the pill. It was very natural and I also only had a couple of days bleed. It took a wee while to get used to it but hubby and I were determined to just let nature take it's course and not get too stressed about ttc.
    I got married on 28th Dec so had plenty to take my mind off it.
    I am now 10 wks pregnant with our honeymoon baby. So far all is well and fingers crossed this one is a keeper.
    I know I've been very lucky and it doesn't happen this quickly for everyone but it certainly can happen. I'm sending loads of good wishes and baby dust. Suz xx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss hun, sending loads of PMA and baby dust your way xx *************
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone, SuzMcH, its great to hear stories like that, I am due to ovulate next week so will be doing the deed like mad heres hoping!! x