Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I going insane?

Hello!

Just joined the site a few moments ago as I have been very low today. I have not been getting any smiley faces on my ov kit. Called their helpline and they told me to take the readings when I get up as I drink a lot of water and wee alot!

Also find it soooo hard when I am with my friends who all have babies or are pregnant. I have been trying for six months and as I am 34 I get a bit worried whether I will ever get pregnant. I feel a bit insane sometimes but it has just taken me so many years to find the right man. Am the only one to feel this way? Would love some moral support!!

Sorry I don't know the abbs yet but will try to get to grips with them.

You all seem so supportive and I would like to join in!!!

Georgiegirl! x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Georgiegirl

Just wanted to say welcome i also posted on the other one. Dont worry your not alone. As for the ov sticks i have read quite a few posts on here where they havent had a high and still ended up pregnant i think it can take it a wee while for it to get to know your body and cycle. Sorry ive just sort of ranted on. Goodluck. jen xx
  • Options
    Hi Georgiegirl
    Sorry I dont really have any advice, but I just wanted to say hello. There are some lovely people here & I'm sure someone will be able to make you feel better.

I understand how you feel about wanting a baby. Me & OH have been together 10yrs & are both 28yrs old. We got married in march & started TTC right away. I was very lucky to get preg in may, but unfortunately I had missed miscarriage at 11wks.
    We were absolutly devastated, we have now started TTC again.
    I feel the same as you when I see preg people, its very hard.

Its such an emotional time TTC. But I found talking to the ladies here a great help.

Good luck & take care
    Love Helen

• Options
    Dear Helen and Jen!

Thank you both for your replies. I already feel better than I did when I came on site. I am so sorry Helen to hear about your miscarriage .

Let us together scatter lots of baby dust (as they say - what a lovely expression) and be lucky very soon!

Good luck to you both! xx

• Options

Thanks Georgiegirl

Babydust to you to! :\)

• Options
    hi georgie girl i am too having a nightmare with ov sticks tried them for the first time this month and still no positive on day 17 so im just gonna give it another try next month, i know what you mean about there being loads of babies and pregnant women everywere i go there is either a baby pregnant woman or someone is having a conversation about babies it does get to me alot but i just think that one day thats gonna be me and i am keeping positive bcus whether its a long or short time before i get pg i will get there eventually xx
  • Options
    Hi Georgiegirl

Didn't want to read and run, so a quick hi for now. Also.....yiiipppeee.....another 34 year old! Me too! Just got AF at the weekend so now on to month 6.

Know just what you mean about having rubbish days and especially with friends having babies left right and centre (seems we're at that age!). I find I'm so much worse when I'm not busy - start to dwell on things and worry something's wrong. This month I've been dead busy at work and running around socially and haven't been nearly as worried about it all.

Fingers and toes crossed for you and lots of babydust, lets hope all of us ttc girls are lucky and we have a bumper month in October!

• Options
    Thanks for all your support girls! I really appreciate it!
    I feel so much better today - fingers crossed for us all!

Georgie Girl x

• Options
    Hi there,
    Welcome to the site.
    It took me about two years, I was on the injection and then after about a year I started getting regular periods then had some fertility checks in April this year, everything was fine. Then I lost my Dad to cancer and thought the stress would prolong getting pregnant but then we found out in July that I was pregnant (after my five K race for life!), sadly I MC two weeks ago at three months but am getting myself fit again so that we can start to TTC again.
    Best of luck the waiting is the hardest but you will get there, sounds like all the other advice but you just have to try and keep your mind on other things.
    TC
    Lots of baby dust x