Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Starting to try - anyone else as nervous as me?

Hi Ladies,

Im new to this site and feeling quite nervous.

I have speant the last 5 years being adamant that I wasn't maternal and wouldn't be having children. However the last few months I have become increasingly more broody.

Whilst Im not going to go out of my way to fall PG Hubby and I have decided to let nature take its course. If Im meant to fall PG I will.

Thing is im nervous about what to expect and how I will deal everything that comes with it.

Would love to hear from you that feel the same or have felt the same but are now PG. Just want some reassurance on everything that is to come.

Im no natural at this and unlike some of my friends who have always wanted to be Mums I didn't and am worried.

Vx image

[Modified by: VICKIT on 07 February 2008 12:47:45 ]

Replies

• Options
    Oh hon, try not to worry or be nervous and just enjoy practising lol!

If you're not actively trying then just enjoy this time with your oh and like you say, when it happens it happens.

I hear when you do get pg hormones take over anyway and I'm sure that will help to make you feel more nurturing and broody - so please don't stress yourself and start enjoying yourself instead!
    xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies Its lovely to know you are all here. I cant wait to find a BFP and start my new journey (I never ever thoguht I would say that) Hopefully I can start chilling out about it and start being a bit more relaxed. Hubby cant wait and is so excited about being a dad (He has even been out and bought some Cigars to celebrate when there is a BFP) image

A girl I work with, who is actually more like my Twin sister because we are just so alike in every way is also TTC (also not actively as is also not that maternal but now feels the time is right.) We are trying to bumble through all the feelings and unusual territory together which is just lovely.

Our manager will have heart failure if we fall PG at the same time but Im so chuffed we are both at the same point together. We keep sending secret MSN messages to each other picking baby names etc

I dont know how im going to keep this a secret from everyone because I just want to run around telling everyone that I have decided to begin image

Vx

• Options
    Hello, and welcome image

It's an exciting time and I hope all goes well for you image

*sprinkles babydust around*
  • Options
    Hi Vicki,

I think I know how you feel - but I never considered having a baby because I assumed it would never happen... Guess I didn't want to hope for something I feared I'd never have... And I worried I was too selfish to care for a child...

Firstly I never believed I'd be able to conceive (no real evidence, just a hunch) and then I didn't think I'd find the right man in time. Well I found the right man a couple of years ago and in August 07 we decided to start trying so I came off the pill. I was pregnant by September! It was all a bit of a shock but we know how lucky we are. We didn't have time to really "try" to conceive, it just happened!

I felt a bit numb for ages and it's only just sinking in now. I just never allowed myself to hope so I never saw myself having a child. Now it's becoming increasingly real. Just had a scan today at 21 weeks and it was magical. Just because you've had doubts in the past doesn't mean you'll struggle to bond or anything. Actually, on the pregnancy board there is a thread about women who hate being pregnant but it doesn't mean they don't want their babies or won't love them. It's perfectly normal, we're all different. You've had doubts but you're changing. Nothing abnormal about that! And if you still have doubts then that's normal too - we're mourning the loss of our independent lives but that will be replaced by something amazing and rewarding (or so we've been told!)

Good luck with ttc - relax and enjoy! Sonia x
  • Options
    Hi Vicki,

I read your post and it felt like it was written by me!!! Me and the OH have always said no to wanting children and i really never thought we would think differently even less with all the pressure from family and friends (younger bro has 2nd one on the way). However we got married in May 07 and just before Xmas both started talk about children, anyway long story short - i came off the pill in December and Jan was the 1st month of 'seeing how it goes and if anything happens then fabulous if not oh well'. To say i am terrified about the whole thing is an understatement and to hear someone saying the same makes me feel awhole lot better lol!!! Anyway on to my point - i think af has finally arrived today and im gutted, would have loved a BFP in the 1st month but hey that just mean loads more try for us. If any of my friends and family could here me saying i wanted a BFP they would fall on the floor with shock lol

Enjoy the ttc - and must say these threads offer more advice than the GP and any google sites
    xx

[Modified by: Milton on February 07, 2008 05:20 PM]
  • Options
    Hi, Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the site. Good luck, think you've got the right attitude for when it happens it happens, unlike me getting stressed about it!!!
    Good luck and hope a BFP comes soon.
  • Options
    Hiya!

welcome to the site, everyone on here is so helpful!

I started ttc when i came off the pill beginning of November, i too am slightly nervous! i was getting broody and im glad i started when i did cos i didnt no it was so difficult! had no a/f for 13 weeks then the evil witch decided to show up on my holiday! i became more nervous at the prospect of becoming a mum after coming back from our lovely holiday to the Dominican, i think i enjoyed the freedom of doing what we wanted and goin on luxury hols! but think im still certain that a baby wont hold us back, but will change our lives, but for the better it just means everythin changes! if you need to chat dont hesitate, were all here to help!

lots of pink sparkly baby dust to you all! xxx
  • Options
    Hi Vickit, just read your post and thought I would let you know my story and let you know your coming from somewhere totally normal. Me and the oh decided we were going to stop being 'safe' and as you say let nature take its course. After one month I was pg! Unfortunately I had a miscarriage. However that changed it all for us both (amazed in change in OH), I have literally turned into childzilla and must google ovulation, ewcm, visit this site every few hours. He wants to bd all the time (I think its partially down to trying to get pg!!)

I guess my point is that I feel so differently now as to how I did when we were just practising and dont be surprised if your feelings and your oh's change leading upto and through your pregnancy.

As everyones said before, welcome to the site, I have found it invaluable and the other girlies are fandabedozee ... but be prepared for lots of explicit material (lots of it you could find dripping from a 14 yr old boys mouth - hilarious) !!!!!! x x x x
  • Options
    Hi Pennylane,

Love the 'childzilla', I always said I would never get married and ended up as a Bridezilla, so think the odds of making it to a childzilla is pretty high lol!!!

xx
  • Options
    welcome and good luck ttc. Theres plenty to learn and you are welcome to ask questions when you need to. Good luck and babydust. Filo x
  • Options
    Hi Vickit

I am also new to the site and have found reading through these threads really helpful. Like you I never particuarlly thought or wanted to have children, and my OH has always had a baby phobia. But my younger sis had her first baby in Dec and ever since then we both been feeling v broody. We talked about it and finally realised it was something we both secretly had wanted. So stopped taking the pill (Cilest) 26th Jan, ever since then have been feelin so excited/nervous and can't wait to have bfp!!! Never ever thought would feel like that, but now think the best decision we ever made. Can't wait for the day that i'm someones mummy!!! image

xx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

Oh My gosh thankyou so much for all of your responses I am feeling so much better and so excited.

OH and I planned how we will decorate a nursery last night image My OH was adamant it had to be winnie the pooh and friends every where LOL

Isn't it crazy how you can be so adamant for so long that you will not be having a baby and then suddenly you find yourself thinking about having a bump and what it would be like to decorate a nursery.

My OH almost choked when I told him a week ago that I had changed my mind and that actually I have secretly been broody. He is never the less chuffed and is like a balloon ready to burst and tell everyone but I want it to be an enormour suprise for everyone so have sworn him to secrecy so that we can make a huge annoucement when we do get a BFP.

Thankyou so much girls my nerves are giving way to utter excitment.

********Bucket loads of Baby dust to all of you*******

XXX
  • Options
    I know how your OH is feeling i'm wanting to tell anyone that will listen that we are trying, but my OH wants to keep quiet until it finally happens. I'm trying v hard not to mention it which is y this site so great. Can finally spill the beans without breaking a promise to the OH!!!

Bucket loads for baby dust to you too!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi V
    I'm in first month of ttc and think I'm about 2 weeks off POAS. OH always said we would try when we hit 30 and now its here it's a bit nerve racking. Going to a party at the weekend and even started to consider driving to avoid being too tempted by the free flowing wine....not like me at all!!! It's exciting tho, I also have a friend who is ttc which has made it a bit easier. OH is now very excited at the prospect of a bfp and has even started picking out baby names, I can't wait!

Good luck and babydust image