Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation question

Hi Ladies!

I'm new to all this and this is my first post!

I'm getting married in 39 days and we are going to try for a baby straight away. I have been doing some ovulation tests over the last 2 months just so I can track it and get to know my body a bit more. All of that has gone well - Im ovulating around day 14. My question is when do we do the baby dancing - every other day for a few days before and after ovulation? Time it so we def do it on day of ovulation? Every other day a week before and a week after? I'm confused! Help! Surely it's best to do it on the day I get the strongest line on my ov test? Can anyone help please?

Many thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Im new today too!

As for the baby dancing, surely it has to be as often as you can - but without making it too forced - it puts a lot of pressure of getting in the mood and its not good for your body if you are stressed!

Sounds like you are very organised though with the OV tests and having a regular cycle has got to help - that my problem, irregular and a hb that works away a lots makes it very tricky!!

Which OV you using? I've not tried that yet.

Good luck xx
  • Options
    Hi LMSunshine!

Thanks for your reply.

I have been using www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk for my ov tests. I think I got 50 ov tests and 5 pregnancy tests for ??12...bargain!! I have been testing from about day 10 until I get a positive, then I keep testing until I get a negative. It's great for not only knowing when I'm ovulating but also when we're not safe to have sex at the mo (don't really want to get pregnant before the wedding!)

At first I thought we wouldn't bother with the ov tests as we didn't want to put too much pressure on ourselves but then I thought if we're going to do it we may as well do it properly! Fingers crossed it'll work and it wont take too long to get pregnant!

Having a hubbie that works away a lot is not very convienient for baby dancing hey?? You'll have to speak to his boss and say 'I need him at home from this day to this day!' Have you been trying for long?

I hope I will be really chilled about ttc it and not let it rule my life but I suspect that wont be the case at all....I'll let you know in a couple of months!!

Good luck to you too xxx