Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Has anyone had decidual bleeding?

Hi everyone,
Has anyone had decidual bleeding. I went to doctors this morning as my af was due yesterday but I started to bleed on tuesday. It was red with small clots in it (TMI). I only bled for 1 day and didnt have any of my normal period symptoms. I told my doctor the syptoms I was experiencing such as taste in mouth, nausea, tender breasts etc etc. He said that the symptoms sounded very promising and that the bleeding I was having was called decidual bleeding.
If you have had this, what is it like? Be as grafic as you like as I would really like to know if anyone has experienced it.
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi babymonkey,

I think (hope) I'm having this now, it is also called implantation bleeding. It is when the egg attaches to the uterus lining and causes light bleeding/discharge.

I was also supposed to start my period yesterday (based on 28 day cycle) and I too started to bleed lightly on tuesday. I did initially think it was my af coming early, but only normally have light bleeding an hr or two before the full flow comes!

It's now Thursday, so been lightly bleeding for 3 days now, it's a light brown colour with a few very, very small clots (TMI!)....

I have had a 29 day cycle before, so thought I might come on late - so far I'm still hiding as nothing has come along.

I had a funny taste in my mouth all day on tuesday when light bleeing started, could even taste it when had chewing gum in mouth, this went after 1 day.

I don't have any other symptoms apart from light cramping occasionally....

Trying not to get excited as my af will probably come and find me!

Just out of interest, when did the doc say to do a test?

Rachxxx
  • Options
    hey babymonkey - was wondering what had happened to you. That sounds good news from the dr's. Keep the PMA going xx
  • Options
    Hi,
    Doctor told me to do a test over the weekend but he also said that all of my symptoms sounded encouraging. Couldnt wait till weekend to test so did one today but still BFN so if af doesnt come I swill do another one over next couple of days.
    So far I have only bled for 1 1/2 days then just some brown spotting when I wipe. i have no symptoms to suggest af is on her way but I do have pregnancy symptoms.
    Decidual bleeding is not implantation bleeding. They are two different things. Implantation bleeding is when the egg attaches itself to the lining of the uterus but decidual bleeding is because the egg doesnt take up the full uterus so where its not attached to the lining it sheds, hence the clots, due to a mix of hormones. It does not mean that you have lost the implanted egg and it does not cause any harm to mum or baby. There are a few sites that explain all about decidual bleeding if you put it in google.
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi babymonkey,

I have read that sometimes to get a +ve test it is a good few days after the bleeding.

I had 3 days of light brown bleeding and this morning woke up with af! Rubbish! Never had light brown bleeding for 3 days prior to af, only ever for 1-2 hrs before!! My body does play tricks on me!!

Just out of interest is the decidual bleeding as heavy as a normal a/f and is is bright red or brown in colour? If it's tmi to disclose then don't worry! I am just fairly new to all these mysteries and want to know everything about everything incase it happens to me!!

Good luck for your next test!

Rachxx
  • Options
    Well, excuse the TMI but my doc said its because the egg doesnt take up all of the uterus and due to a certain mix of hormones it makes the uterus expell some of the uterus lining where the egg isnt attatched. As the egg is already attatched, the uterus lining is quite rich in blood so when you bleed it causes some clots as well as blood. The blood can vary from "period" red to a much darker redish brown colour. You only bleed for a short time (less than an af) and have no af symptoms such as cramping, backache etc.
    Touch wood (reaching out and touching wood) my bleeding has stopped now after lasting 1 1/2 days on and off so I guess its a case of wait and see.
    xxx

• Options
    Oh, forgot to mention, It is considered not to cause any harm to mum or baby and it is not a sign of miscarriage
  • Options
    thank you for sharing your experiences. I never realised there are so many different things to do with ttc and being pregnant....I'm sure I have a lot more to learn yet as well!!

Sounding good for you, so fingers and legs crossed!! image

Rachxxx
  • Options
    i have had the brown spotting since sunday and about once a day i have had red blood too only a little. i had a faint bfp on wednesday and thursday and a bfp on a cbd this morning and spotting/bleeding has stopped now
  • Options

Hi.  My husband and I have been trying for 2 years now, I am in my 30's.  My last period (if thats' what it was) came 2 days earlier than the usual 28 day cycle.  DAy 1 was just very light brown blood now and again.  Day 2 was a lighter version of my period with red blood.  Day 3 was just spotting of brown blood (no clots).  I have been TOTALLY exhausted, experienced cramps (on and off for most days of the last 1.5 weeks), I am very emotional and more anxious than usual. I haven't eaten a proper meal for 1.5 weeks as it makes me feel sick.  I have not tested (yet) due to the disappointment it causes after so many negative tests; but would appreciate your honest opinions.  If what I experienced WAS a period then I am now on day 8 of my next cycle.  Not sure whether to test now or wait to see what happens with the next cycle.

• Options

Hello ladies, PLEASE HElP!  so last month on June 2nd I started spotting a light pink but only when i wiped, when I used a tampon it wouldn't be like my usual period when I would change the tampon it would be like a brownish. I normally get y period on the 7th or 8th of every month so I waiTed till stoped bleeding to do a preg test all three were negitive. So I told myself I would wait to till next month and see If I got my period This month July, i started spotting again this started july 1st, last month had no systoms I would norm get from my period and this month I had a little cramping headaches naseaus and bloating PLEASe HELP what could it be? 

• Options
    Hi ladies! I was just wondering how this turned out for everyone?

I too had a similar experience (TMI coming up) I had stretchy cm that was light brown 31st, followed that night by red blood when I wiped. The following day I had a medium red flow with small dark clots, no cramping, I usually get them so bad I have to stay in bed =\ The 2nd I had a small amount when I wiped in the morning, then it turned brownish then nothing since. But since then I've been having more cramps! I tested yesterday 4th and got a bfn.

Is this just a weird period? I usually have really bad cramps and bleed for 5 days.

Or could I be pregnant?

image Lots of babydust! xx
  • Options

Hie

I believe I had decidual  bleeding around the time of my missed period. I have had many pregnancy symptoms and the blood was brown in starting and after 2 hrs it turned  red with clots. lasted around the same amount of days but was way lighter than usual. I have taken  HPT on 2nd day of my period and the result was negative. I would be around 6 weeks...and still feeling symtoms please no rude comments. any advice from experience would be appreciated

• Options

Hey ladies!
    I have been experiancing pregnancy symptoms for about 2 weeks... really sore-swollen breasts, extreamly tired.. napping... increased sensitivity to smell... and some cramping. My period was 3 days late when I started bleeding- but very light. It was so light that I wore a panty liner, and heardly needed to change- bled mostly when I pee- but still minor. Lasted for 2 days. Today is day 3 and the bvleeding has stopped, but my symptoms are still present- especially the sore breasts! I took a test last night (day 2 of light bleeding)- (It was one of the tests that shows +/-) The line showed -, but the line was extreamly faint and not dark blue like the test control box. 
    Could I be pregnant? What is the differance between decidual bleeding and implantation in tesms of what you experiance? Is it too early to get a blood test??
    Thank you!!

• Options

Hi i have had the same my last period was on oct 2nd me and my husband decided to try. i have had two miscarriges and one chemical pregancy now im hoping and praying weve finally made it..i started out with brown spotting and no cramping yesterday then today i began cramping and only bleeding when i pee and when i wiped it was very light pink and later it was a very dark red with a few clots now im cramping very mildly and im not bleeding heavily but when i wipe theres still some on a tissue and barley any on my pads i know this is tmi..but it seems some ladies are going through the same thing as me and i am just keeping my fingers crossed for good news!  

• Options
    Hi ladies!

I was just curious, lately I have been the same way, so many pregnancy symptoms and pretty much how you guys have explained it. I've been searching and searching online, but it is so hard to find a website about being pregnant and still having something like your period. My symptoms started about a week before thanksgiving, come night time i would start feeling really neasous. Once I started my cycle, I felt better, didn't get neasous for about 2 days, but on the third, I woke up feeling so horrible that I laid in bed, until I couldn't take it anymore and threw up. After that I started feeling just fine, like nothing happened. That period was shorter then usual, lasted 3 days, first day it started as spotting and towards the end it went to light red bleeding. Second day, it was somewhat heavy bleeding like a normal period, once again till the end of the day and went back to red but light. Then the third, it was brownish spotting. Usually I have horrible cramps the second day of my cycle to where I feel sick, I had little to no cramps this time. I've been getting headaches more then usual, and have been exhausted. But times I just can not sleep. This last cycle came 3 days late, and was exactly like the one I explained earlier. But got negative tests. Was just curious as to if any of you were pregnant?
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention. I still feel sick, but it's not around a certain time , and it's not an every day thing. Sometimes it's on and off throughout the day, other times it's maybe once a day I feel nauseous.
  • Options
    I'm also experiencing the light bleeding 2 months now with a lot pregnancy symptoms itested last month but got a negative test now that I have started spotting since yesterday advice pliz !!
  • Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news ladies but bleeding ( however light and unususal) around the time of ur due period along with negatives is more tham likely your period. A normal period ranges from 2-7 days so even if your "normal"period is 5 days its even more normal for it to change randomly to lighter and for less days even if gor the past 15 years its been 5 days. It can change anytime infact i found mine only changed when i started ttc. Most women dont even notice implantation bleeding  its normally so light its missed. And the majority dont even get it. 
  • Options
    edited Oct 14, 2019 2:41AM
    Hi, so I'm new to the forum. I'm 5wk4d along. Decidual bleeding is a real thing. It's common actually to have some bleeding in the first trimester. Decidual bleeding happens around the time of your period. In fact, I had what I thought was a full blown period last month. This month I got some Spotting on the day I should have had my period and continued for a few days. I went to the emergency department where they ran every test, did two different type of ultrasounds, and confirmed I am definitely not having a miscarriage and I'm definitely pregnant. My Hcg levels are very high to be 5wks and there's no dilation going on. Could it change? Sure. But I'm no More likely than anyone else to miscarry because of true decidual bleeding per the MD. Im fact, she said it's the number one reason women in their first trimester come to the emergency department.🤷‍♀️

*Also* implantation bleeding and decidual are not the same thing
  • Options

Hi, so here’s my story 

So I had sex the day my period was due to come on, that was the end of September. I didn’t get a period the rest of September or the beginning of October but I did have some light pinkish spotting but that only lasted about a day. Then it stopped, so I’m thinking it’s implantation bleeding. I go on to take a test and it’s negative, so I’m thinking maybe I took the test too early. So I wait about another week and I take another one, and it’s still negative. So I finally forget about it, but I can’t really forget about it because I’m having all the symptoms. I have headaches, nausea, food aversions, sensitivity to smell but still a BFN . I have done some DIY pregnancy tests and they would come back positive, but when I take a home pregnancy test, it would be negative. So the end of October to around November 7th, I was bleeding. It was like a full blown period. I had some clots, but no cramps. And I still had all the symptoms. But then I stopped bleeding, then I started bleeding again around the 1st of December and it is now December 7th and I’m currently still bleeding, there are some clots but no cramping. My stomach is bloated and when I press down on it, I can actually feel it semi hard. Right above my public area feels different, it feels like a knot or bubble. Idk what that means. I wanna schedule a doctors visit, but I don’t want to go while I’m bleeding. I just want to know is this normal? What could be wrong? I have had a history of excessive uterine bleeding, but my periods have been regular for months  leading up to this. And before the excessive uterine bleeding my periods were regular every month.  Can anybody help?? What should I do? I’m freaking out. I want to be pregnant.