Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can anyone help?

hi i am new to this site and a little nervous aswell,
I so want to be pregnant, for so many reasons the main being my mum is very ill and i would love to give her a baby from her only daughter. I have a few questions ( and probably sound so stupid) let me know if you also think so will not be hurt!
first question is this, I have been using those ovulation kits and nothing seems to be happening does that mean i am not ovulation? and here comes the really stupid question if you dont ovulate does that mean you do not have a period or have i totally got the whole thing so totally messed up?

from a very confused individual xx many thanks if anyone can help

Replies

• Options
    Hi Fiz, welcome to the site !!! Generally speaking you ovulate about 14 days before your period so if you don't ovulate you probably won't be having periods (but some girls here do ov and don't have periods). I was using sticks before and didn't get a positive result but then had tests and found out I wasn't ovulating.
    so - you can ov and not have periods
    - you can have periods but not be ovulating
    if you've been trying (with lots of sex) may be worth a visit to the dr to get a check over.
    Good Luck xxx
  • Options
    thanks camlo for advice, think its time to pop down the doctors before i worry myself silly.
    cheers