Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When to start taking vitamins / folic?

Hi all

My hubby and I have decided to start TTC during our holiday in Florida this year (June / July) - I'm so excited - its much earlier than we first thought we would but we both really want to!!! Would start now, but I LOVE my Disney trips and would hate missing out on the rides!!!

Anyway, when should we start taking vitamins / me take folic acid?

Thanks for any help!
Julie xxx

Replies

• Options
    Best to start as soon as possible.

Mrs WBxxxxx
  • Options
    i would take them sooner than later as even though your not ttc til june, you will still really benefit from all those vitamins!!! and like louisaw says its a great helthy start for when you are ttc!!! Sainsbury's is selling pregnacare at ??2.92 atm which is ??2 cheaper than normal so grab some of those!!! x
  • Options
    Personally I would start straight away.
    Enjoy your holiday and your time TTC
    Love Em xxx
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Took my first Sanatogen Pronatal when I got home!
    (and promptly got in trouble for leaving them on the side in case any visitors came by!!!)
    hee hee xxx
  • Options
    I got some of them in just after new year as we were hoping to start trying in April but then the doctor advised us to wait 6 months (boo hoo) so me and hubbie decided to stop taking them and start again in April ready to start ttc in June/July - do you think we should carry on taking them

The reason we stopped is because it says on the box take 3 months prior to ttc?

Confused now