Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sperm meets egg plan and OPK Q's

Hi Ladies,

I haven't posted in ages but have been lurking!

My cycles have luckily decreased in length since coming off the pill and have been 44, 33, 30 and now on CD6 of cycle 4.

I think we're going to try the sperm meets egg plan this month. DH hasn't 'released' so to speak but don't think it'll make a great differnce really as by the time we get to expected O time then I guess the sperm would be fresh (he's been working very late etc). Anyway I've not tried using OPK's before and with a 30 day cycle you should try testing from day 13 so thought I'd bring it down to day 12 incase my cycle gets shorter etc. The 'plan' says to start on day 10 but I don't really want to waste too many tests and think that's early!?

The best times for me to test would be either 2.30 ish or 7. Which would you go for? If I do get a positive then I'e seen that some get positives for a couple of days so if this happens would you DTD everyday for 3 days from the last +ve? I may not even get a +ve but trying to be positive.

Hope everyone is ok! I was sooooo relaxed last month and we DTD 'naturally' at the right time but that still didn't work so I'm hoping that a more pro-active approach will be the way forward.

Sorry for such a long post, any advice would be great!

Replies

• Options
    Hi porky, not going to be much help Im afraid as not doing SEP or OPK's yet, but am going to give them a try when (if!) this af decides to leave me. I know a few ladies on here were trying the SEP a while ago, but cant remember seeing any BFP's from anyone as a result. If the opk advice is day 13 then day 10 does sound early, was that the advice for a 28day cycle or was it tailored for cycles of different lengths?
    Told you I wasnt going to be much use! lol! good luck hun xx
  • Options
    Day 10 does sound early, but I guess it's just to make sure you get your +ve?

From the looks of things, the OPK's are fairly expensive, so I don't blame you for wondering!
  • Options
    Hi - I am following the SEP this month and started testing with OPK on CD10 and got my positive... Tested 3 times during the day - All positive... Tested on CD11 and negative!!! I would following it to the word...

However saying that my cycle last month was 27 days...

Hope i've helped..

Sara
  • Options
    I am a 24 day cycle and get a positive on day 10
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies!

powderpuff - I've never tried the OPK's either and now I'm throwing myself into the SEP at the same time to show enthusiasm! For a 28 day cycle the OPK's say to test from CD11, the SEP says to try from CD10 as a general rule so did sound early but who knows maybe my next cycle will be even shorter.

gypsy - My OPK's weren't too expensive although if I need to keep buying them then it all adds up. Got them from Ebay but yet to know if they work. I could start from CD10 but have 15 tests and hoped to make them last more than one try. TTC is costly let alone the end result image

sara7 - Well done you on that +ve OPK, not too much BD'ing then if it arrived already! Have you tried OPK's before and usually O that early etc? My cycles have been getting shorter although not sure if that'll continue as my last was 30 days. Last month I had EWCM on CD14 and later that day I had some 'twinges' so thought that maybe I was O'ing. I guess 27 days isn't much off 30 so I think I'll just start on CD10 just incase. Oh and TMI but DH released (BD'ing) at lunchtime so we're on following the plan to a T. Oh and what time should I test, 2.30 or 7? Fingers crossed for us both and thanks for your helpful reply.

Emzyv- Wow your cycle seems short and perfect with a +ve OPK early on. I'm going to start testing on CD10 and hope to get a positive before I run out (I have 15). I'd better stock up soon then!