Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone trying for 2nd Baby.....How long?

Hi. I am new to this, so please excuse my lack of abbreviations...I don't get them all yet!!!

Just wondering how many of you are trying for your 2nd baby? I came off the pill (Microgynon) at the end of Jan as my OH & I have decided to try for another baby and just wondered if anyone out there is in the same situation? Is is taking longer to get pregnant this time then last?

I had my withdrawal bleed at end of Jan then got AF after 24 days, we have been trying over the last week, so fingers crossed for this month!

Lots of luck to everyone!

P.S. I think this site is brilliant!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Honey
    We're ttc our 2nd too!
    i came off the pill at the end of october and had my w.d bleed as normal and was lucky enough not to get a af but get my bfp in december unfortuantly i did mc and we are now back on the ttc wagon as such and into month 5 overall but 3 since the mc!

I can't really compare to last time as Ellie was a surprise so i'm finding this ttc malarky hard and its difficult to not obsess!

Good luck & lots of babydust!
    xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi

I came off microgynon at the end of december and was trying for number two had my first proper AF 35 days after and found out on saturday that am pregnant with number two. First was also a surprise so can't comment on that and i wasn't on microgynon iwas another pill

Good luck ad hope you get your BFP soon!!

Marie
  • Options
    hello,

We are trying for our second child as well.
    Have only been ttc for a couple of months now.
    I know that is not very long, just feels like a long time to me as I fell pregnant straight away with our first.
    The picture is our Izzy on her first christmas(she is now 2)
  • Options
    Hi.
    We're trying for number 2 too. After ten year gap ( how mad am I :lolimage
    I actually fell for our son whilst on microgynon and the one I lost before him. I was a regular pill and morning toothbrushing person as well so it wasn't through missing one.
    Good luck and hope you get a BFP soon.x
  • Options
    I'm trying for a 2nd child too. Will have a gap of 4 years at present, little boy. On month 6 ttc and have 3 days til af due so will be testing again tomorrow.
    Good luc and babydust.
    Filo x
  • Options
    Hi - We are also trying for number 2... Took us 6 months to conceive number 1, and we're on our 2ww of month 3... Fingers crossed for us all...

Sara
  • Options
    Thanks for all the posts up to now!

Fingers crossed for lots of BFP's soon x

• Options
    hi hun we ttc no2 joseph is 10.5 months old. came off my pill mid dec had wd bleed then 52 days till next af. am now on day 31 and month 3 (if that makes sense?) no sign of af but cramps? tested today was neg so going to do another in a couple days but it takes ages for my cycle to get reg again. only on pill this time for 6 months too!! took 12 months for cycle to become reg when ttc my son as was on pill for 9 years. have a feeling it may take a while this time too!!! good luck and its good that your cycles are generally back to normal range!!! xxx
  • Options
    Hi,

No experience of ttc number 2 as just had number 1 but hopefully will be ttc around Sept for a little brother or sister for him! But just wanted to say I was on microgynon and my GP said I should have no problems with coming off it. I waited until I had two normal periods (came off it in the Jan and 28 day cycle returned straight away) and got my positive result first month of trying. Just wanted to give you a positive experience!

Good luck! x
  • Options
    Hi

I'm TTC No 2, have been trying for 2 months and AF is due at the weekend, hopefully she wont turn up. It took us 3 months with my little boy so i'm hoping it wont take too long this time round.

My little boy is nearly 8 months so i went back on the pill (cerazette)when he was 2 months then stopped taking it at the end of Dec (when he was 5 and half months). I had withdrawal bleed early Jan, then first AF arrived mid Feb.

Good luck x
  • Options
    Hayleys1 Good Luck with your next test. I'm crossing my fingers for you. x

Thanks for the replies girls....I appreciate it!
  • Options
    im trying with my second, millie is 9 month old but been trying for months, i never even went back on the pill and since millie was born we havent used nothing so you could say we have been trying for 9 months lol but periods stopped in decemeber so not having much luck at tho mo and spending a fortune on pregnancey tests, so started using the ??1 ones lol i cant belive how hard it is i thought id fall more or less straight away with just having my little girl but i thought wrong lol gd luck everyone with ttc x
  • Options
    thanks oliversmummy i tested again today grrrr! was BFN but not giving up hope just yet so guess just a waiting and bd game lol!!!! xx
  • Options
    my husband and i are trying for number 2, but i had an implanon after ryan, so fertility returns immediately after removal, we are only on our first month of trying but it only took us 2 weeks last time so fingers crossed!! Ryan is 2 on april 13th, im happy with the age gap if all goes well
  • Options
    im trying with my second too, it only took me the first month to conceive jordan, and AF is due this weekend, (cracked and tested this morning but a bit confused about the outcome!) anyway so im hoping that it wont take long again this time round!