Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Random question - for marrieds

Replies

• Options
    Our 4th wedding anniversary is in 2 weeks :\)

We were married August 2006 and starting ttc for our dd in May 07 - she was born in Feb 08.

GL and have fun trying!

• Options
    Hi
    We got married July 2009 and started trying on our honeymoon for number 1.

Wishing you lots of luck X
  • Options
    we got married 30th may this year and i came off the pill in june. was going to come off pill before but didnt want the risk of being on af over wedding and honeymoon image so now on month 2 of ttc number 1 image dh is just as excited about it all as me image xx
  • Options
    We got married in April last year (been togther 10 years) i came off the pill jan last year with a few to starting after we were married and hoped for a honeymoon baby. But we never got that far as i got my BFP 2 weeks before our wedding!

Everyone is differnet and it is a personal choice!

xxxx
  • Options
    Wow tashy - we're just like you, we've been together 10yrs, married 7.5yrs and was happy with just the two of us then I fell pg last year and that pg changed everything for us. We thought we wanted it to be the 2 of us forever now we know after our 'accident' we need it to be 3 of us. Unfortunately I had a mmc at 11w and lost our lo but now we are trying again - so far 2 more mc's but I'm not giving up just yet. :\) the years we have spent together on our own I would never give up even given the 'struggle' we're in now and who's to say time would have helped........

So are you an old bird like me Tashy??? image I'm 37 now.
  • Options
    We got married in Sep 09, started trying in Jan 10 and thankfully got my BPF in April, due in Dec. we had been together for 7 years before we got married so plenty of time enjoying it just being the two of us!
  • Options
    Hey Tashy and Bob your not alone, we've been together 15 years and married 9 in sept, we started trying 2 years ago, I've loved all the time we have had together on our own and I'm glad we have waited till we are ready despite it now taking a long time (I'm 31 and hubs is 37)
  • Options
    i got married 8 months pregnant... whoops! hehe
  • Options
    G/C from planning...
    We've been together 11 years, married last July and will be TTC in December, so will have been married almost 18 months. It can't come soon enough now!
  • Options
    We got married in September 07 and started ttc November 07!
    Xx
  • Options
    OH and I have been together for 8 years, we got married in May 2008, and started TTC in Feb 2010. Got BFP the 3rd month but had a MMC in July. We'd always said we'd wait a while, but initially that was more becasue I felt too young for a baby, but then a yer after we were married I was v.broody but becasue of OH's work commitments we were unable to TTC until Feb 2010.

Baby dust to all x
  • Options
    OH and I have been together for 8 years, we got married in May 2008, and started TTC in Feb 2010. Got BFP the 3rd month but had a MMC in July. We'd always said we'd wait a while, but initially that was more becasue I felt too young for a baby, but then a yer after we were married I was v.broody but becasue of OH's work commitments we were unable to TTC until Feb 2010.

Baby dust to all x
  • Options
    I'm another one who's waited a while after getting married though we seem to be in the minority here. I think nowadays most people live together for quite a while first so by the time they get married they've already had plenty of time just as a couple. For that reason I think quite a few of our friends expected hubbie and I to have babies straight after our wedding but we've now been married for 4 years, together for 10 and only just started trying! Having said that I do wish we had started TTC earlier but we couldn't cos of my studying. Now I'm sooo desperate for a family!

Cornish_Girl - How long have you and hubbie been together? My OH is also 39 and while he's now happy to start TTC it's taken him a long time to get there!
  • Options
    G/c. We started ttc as soon as the doc gave us the ok after taking malaria tabs on honeymoon. We were so lucky to fall the first month (I came off pill 6 months earlier to prepare) and our lo was born 3 weeks before we celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary. But, dh never wanted to get married and we'd always planned to try for a baby then so it was the wedding that was a nice surprise!
  • Options
    We have been together 3 and a half years - but pretty much lived together for all of that! I've been desperate for babies since I was about 5 - but since I married my wonderful hubby it has got soooo much worse!!
  • Options
    I really sympathise. It's horrible to be feeling so broody but not even to be TTC yet. Before we started I was welling up every time I saw a baby!

Does your OH know how long it can take to actually conceive? I think a lot of men (including mine!) are fairly clueless on the average time it takes and the length of NHS waiting lists if you should need any help. I believe for a couple in their 30s the average time is 6-9 months but up to a year is considered normal. Then if have problems it takes time to run the initial tests, then months to be referred then more months waiting for treatment etc....You can tell I can I've had to do this with my hubbie!

Having said that I don't think we should pressure our guys if they're really not ready (there's always a small chance we could conceive straight away!) However I don't think it does them any harm to have all the facts so they can make an informed decision and maybe you and your OH can work out a compromise.

Wishing you the best of luck.
  • Options
    We got married August '09 and were going to wait a year buy knew it may take a while to conceive so came off the pill in November and probably only officially started trying in about April/May (with SMEP,ov sticks etc.) and fell pg in July which made it almost a year since we got married!I liked having the year just to have fun together & spend money on random luxuries that we fancied! image x
  • Options
    Hiya, me and dh have been together for 9 years and married for 1. We got married in Aug 09 and started ttc in the sept, im now nearly 14wks pregnant. I agree with the others we had done all the 'couply' hols, selfish spending, lazy days etc and the main reason we got married was to start ttc- not that it was an issue to be married first, just what we preferred for us x
  • Options
    we got married in may this year after 3 years together! in an ideal world would like to have a few years married first but hubby is older than me and really wants to have a family sooner than later so i took my last pill on the last day of our honeymoon!
  • Options
    We started ttc about 10 months ago.... and got married last week! I think it depends how long you've been together etc. Maybe comprimise and wait 6 months? xx