Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

not this month...devastated

Hi
Crying into my cup of tea as i type but got af this morning. At least a day early. Was being so good this month and had resolved not to do any early testing and was going to wait until at least a day or two. Felt quite positive, think had timed everything right had had sex every day in that vital week and have had no af signs apart from heavy breasts which i hoped might be something else.
So...this morning i had dream about starting period and so woke up went to loo and guess what? The first signs (for me is sort of brown cm, sorry tmi). Husband said could be implantation spotting bless him, but you know when you know don't you?
Feeling dead angry as felt did everything right!!! To make it worse we were round friends last nigh and husband couldn't get enough of their 5mth boy..kept wishing inside. So nice mother's day present to me hey. Sorry if sounding very bittter - i am.
Know that should be positive as only early days so going to try ov sticks this month, and try to be a bit more relaxed. I suppose at least we didn't have to face the upset of the big fat 'not pregnant' on a stick.
Sorry for rant just need to get it all out and know i can get support here. Oh well Day 1 begins
x x x

Replies

• Options
    No matter how nice a person is, when they want something so bad & it doesnt happen when they want it they will be bitter & you have nothin to be sorry for.

I understand totally, its just a shame it had to happen today.

I know this doesnt help much but at least you have your starting platform now & i really hope you arent waiting too long to conceive. Have the best time trying!

Loads of luck

Tess***
  • Options
    Hi Justmarried, sorry about your disappointment!! I know what you mean about o/h and others babies...our good friends have a 5m girl and saw them last nite, o/h was holding her and was even singing to her! All I thought was I wish that was our baby. Best of luck for this month, we'll get there!!! xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Justmarried

Sorry about your bodys timing - not a good day to start.
    After 4 or so months of trying last year, I had a misc in October at about 8 weeks - was an awful time especially as my friend had just announced she was pregnant. After one normal period, I wanted to make sure we got pregnant as soon as possible (I admit it, i was insanely jealous!), I bought the clear blue ov kit and found out that my fertile days were actually 4 days after I thought they were! I found out I was pregnant on 22nd Dec and everything is fine so far. I guess this reply is basically to say - those kits are great - we'd probably still be gutted every month if it hadn't been for those wonderful sticks!!

Good luck and keep positive!

Love
    Donna
    xx
  • Options
    hi justmarried,thats the way i felt last sunday.i knew i had done everything i could and because af was 4 days late,i felt so cheated and angry.what a crap day for af to turn up for you aswell! i had a good cry last sunday,and got up the next day feeling much better for it.best of luck 2 u for this month.Love Gayle xx
  • Options

hi there! my af came yestaerday too and i was very dissapiointed because iit was 4 days late and i was getting exited! never mind, eh? lets think possitive and try again! good luck this month to all of you trying out there xxxxx
    amanda xxx:\)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. yesterday was very bad and argued a fair bit with oh. went to family do on night where mother in law said sister in law was wondering if we might have any news wink wink!!!
    i said most definately not! Was a bit upset as wish i did. Mother in law is acually really nice and knows about mc in Jan (sister in law doesn't).
    Feeling much more positive today. have ordered ov sticks from babymad site that someone recommended along with some early testing pg sticks - all very cheap i have to say but hoping that it helps. Bought a book as well!!! very sad but wan to try to maximise chances. Was gutted to read that at age 15 you have 50% chance of conceiving every cycle as compared to 15-20% if aged 35!! ( Iam 30). How unfair is that?!
    Anyway....let's all hope this month for the best Xmas pressie ever and if not a 2008 baby
    Love to everyone x x x
  • Options
    Hi Sweetie,
    So Sorry to hear your news. I know how you feel, just come to the end of my period now and trying to work out dates for ovulation. If i am not successfull this month I think i too will try the Ovulation sticks.

I also sympathise with the oh and other peoples babies. I have a 8 month old niece and a 18 months old nephew and my oh is so fantastic with them. We babysat this weekend and he got him bathed and settled no problem. Couldnt help but sob as I watched how great he was and how much i want it to be our baby and not his sisters!!!

We must only be about a week apart though so lets hope we both get the smae good news next month!!!

Take care and keep your chin up!!!!!
    xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi justmarried. . ive not been on this part of the chat rooms before and i really think your so strong and brave i really do. I hope your wish comes true and you do have a baby, i dont know what to say as i have no experience of this at all but i just want to wish you all the best.
    Take care, Sophia x x x
  • Options
    Hi everyone (had m/c in Sep) and still no luck for me 7 months down the line, although have to say after an afternoon yesterday with my nephew, sister-in-law and parents was enough to put me off ttc for good! My nephew licked my face twice before I left and was a general wotsit for most of the afternoon. Jumping on the band wagon to discipline him was my mother, my father, my brother (dad) and my sister-in-law (mum) I was the only one that remained neutral and couldn't wait to get home at the end of it!! With everyone trying to tell my poor nephew how to behave its no wonder he was a little tinker! Still, licking my face is no excuse- he is four and should know better!
    Would love an xmas baby, sounds very exciting! A 2008 baby sounds just as good- seen the stork flying over my house several times but never, ever makes a delivery. Now where's that bird feeder........Its good to hear you sounding positive justmarried- my af came about 13 days ago and I was not a happy bunny, esp. when I checked my diary and saw that we had ml on ov. day!
  • Options

HI JUST MARRIED

I CANT BELIEVE IT I FEEL EXACTLY LIKE THAT SO DOES MY O/H WITH OTHER KIDS WEN MY PERIOD COMES I THINK WEN IS IT GOIN 2B IM TRYING 4 A 1ST SO ITS BOTHERS ME ALOT

MY ADVICE - CARRY ON TRYING DONT GET STRESSED ITS DOESNT HELP

GOOD LUCK X;\)