Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help for a newbie

Hi everyone

I've logged on a few times over the past couple of days but haven't been brave enough to post until today. We have been trying for a baby for two months but no joy as yet. My cycle is a bit hit and miss from 23-30 days and this month I thought i'd started early so got really fed up and opened the wine! Now it's stopped and i've done a test and it's negative but i'm only on day 25 so am really worried now that i might be pregnant but have had alcohol and feel v guilty. Any thoughts as to what's going on?!! Will I have done any serious damage at this stage. am really worried now image

Replies

• Options
    Hi Lynda
    I wouldn't feel too guilty, I'm sure there are loads of women who don't realise they're pregnant early on but carry on drinking. As long as you've not been getting completely legless things will be fine! Last month was my first ttc and I just stuck to no more than a couple of glasses wine to be on the safe side and once I got BFN completely drowned my sorrows!
  • Options
    Welcome to B.E!!!

I would not worry too much - to have that alcohol feotal syndrome you need to be a really hardened drinker - like 3 bottle of wine a day (if you get my drift). I thinks as long as when you are pregnant you either dont drink or drink in small quantities on special occasions you have nothing to worry about.

Mrs WBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX