Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone OVing now?Cycle buddy?

Replies

• Options
    i love the positivity- hopefully we can all keep each other up and happy!! I think i will be doing headstands tonight!!!

x x x x
  • Options
    Oh yes gravity and all that helps, but those little swimmers will get there and even going to the toilet straight after wont stop them lol! xx
  • Options
    Not so calm now grrrr OH wont come to bed and BD and theres no persuading him! Why is when the men want it they get it, but when we do, it's always on their bloody say so!!! grr rant over sorry ladies, im off to bed alone! xxx
  • Options
    OMG i could have written that last night pickle!! I was on here so late while he played his bloody xbox!!!!

We did BD but i kept saying i was going to put pillows under me and he's like NOOO, even with pillow protectors i'd be scared i got your pillow near me!! Hmmm, so i didnt!!

x x x
  • Options
    I just had a manic moment as id been worrying that id missed OV as we hadnt BDd before the pos OV, but i did another test today and im still getting two dark lines so does that mean we just keep BDing and then thats our chance this month until its not got another line on the OPK?

Thats what im kind of thinking....and hoping...just really hope we're even in with a chance this month.

:xwhy do my cycles need to be so long?!!!
    x x x
  • Options
    Hi girls, can I join too??!

I used OPKS for the first time this month and got a positive on saturday (CD17). I haven't done any since, should you keep doing OPKS through OV or just stop after you get your positive?

Last night around 8.30pm, I got these funny twinges in my left ovary type area and was convinced it was ovulation. We BD'd a couple of hours later, and I kept waking up in the night feeling these little feelings in my tummy and in my semi dream state was thinking "we've done it!!".

Now I'm not so sure, is it better to be hugely PMA and risk disapointment or realistic but not helping your body? (if you're into PMA and visulation type things!!)

Also, forgive the questions, it's only our second cycle TTC! If I really did ovulate last night and the egg has 12 hours of life, if we BD tonight straight after work then thats another good shot isn't it??!!

We (I say we but it's all me, DH doesn't know at all how I plan these things!!) are trying a SMEP type thing this month, BD every other day from CD 9, when I got peak on sat, we BD that night, and sunday night and planning on it tonight and Wed too. It's a lot of work!!

Sorry for rambling, am excited to talk to people going throught the same things as me!!

Good luck and PMA!! x
  • Options
    Hiya,

there's always room for more on here. Im only on month 2 of ttc too, so im not sure. Im sure i read that you dont need to do other OPKs once you know you have, but i am a bit of a crazy person when it comes to ttc!!

Im also quite a positive person normally but i also think cos im like that i keep thinking oh yes, we've done it...and then the hope goes and your a bit sad. But on the other hand i dont really think anyone honestly believes they havent done it as we all get a bit down with a BFN, so it wouldnt upset us if we didnt let our hopes get up.

x x x
  • Options
    Home Fairy, I would say, keep going for it, assume you are ovulating and BD whenever you can!! x
  • Options
    hehe, i do like that idea!!

i forgot to say im just like you with my hubby....he doesnt have a clue!!!

x x x
  • Options
    Thats cool that you on your 2nd month too!

Last month I wasn't v positive, as wasn't too sure about OV and cos of xmas and NY etc not much time to BD so it didn't surprise me too much when AF showed up. But this month as used OPKs, feel got everything right and we've really gave it our best shot, so am gonna be super optimistic!

Be interesting to see how we all get on with the 2ww!!

• Options
    an I join you all too please. According to my cycle I should be ovulating around thurs this week. My cycle does vary between 29-232 days. Im not using stick or anything, Im letting nature take its course and believe I will fally pregnant when tis meant to happen. I dont ant to stress with ovulating kits etc, plus knowing me I will forget to do it every day!

I have read on hear about doing it every other then every day during ovulation. I still ahvent found this online. I did read to BD the wk before and during ovulation. I ahve gone with this as 1) it means I shouldnt miss ovulation and 2) with our lo we were away and doing it every day so I know it wont hurt!

I said on Saturday that he needed to be prepared for 14days of BD to which he said I will see it when it lasts longer than 24hrs! So last night hubby was going to go to sleep until I told him it wasnt, to which he said are you trying to get pregnant, lol! We had talked about ttc this month, but to him it just means no contraception!n I know hes loving it really as he didnt get much last month!

I did buy a pack of 2 pg test from tescos for when the time comes. although I will be waiting until after my af is due to test.

Like amber, I did have some twinges but I wasnt sure if it was ovulation on me just thinking this cos I know I want a +ve this month and jsut putting 2 and 2 together.
  • Options
    I love that we're getting more people on here...we can all be in the same boat!

Ive been getting twinges too, i just hope we are doing everything we can to help get our bfps, i honestly wish i could be more calm. I was thinking about what pickle said and how you have to go through that to get into a calmer stage.

Im so optimistic, it wont even be a week today that im claiming to have some sort of symptom!! Its going to drive everyone crazy....oh please still talk to me then, i will come out of it eventually!!:roll:

x x x
  • Options
    I just gogoled the ebst positions for deep penetration so will be sticking to these and only these lol...

You probably already know this, but if you dont using lubrication is more likely to kill your ohs sperm.

Its great that this forum is so active, must still do my housework and not sit on ehre like i ahve today whilst my lo is asleep!
  • Options
    Hehehe, sneak on here whenever you can!!

I think zestica and pre-seed are ok for lube, but we arent even using the positions that are good. I did say to hubby as i had heard it from someone on here and he started to act like it was a chore!! Hmmm i seem to be acting like that too...*taping watch and pointing to bed*!!

x x x
  • Options
    DH would flip out and refuse me if he knew I had any kind of strategy!

I just saw the post on valentines day and it just hit me that AF will be due for most of us around then. Thats kinda exciting! How amazing would it be to get a BFP on valentines day?!

It sounds as if we are SS already with our funny twinges! And I may have to google those positions, luckily am at home now rather than at work or someone might have got a nasty shock!!

xxx
  • Options
    Blimey ladies you have all been busy on here today haha!!

For me, once i've got my positive OPK i dont keep testing, well i do one more to make sure its negative and then thats when i start counting my dpo.
    So we didnt BD lastnight but we will be tonight, i'm happy with that to be honest, we did all week up to OV and we did on my first positive so i'm quite content knowing that theres a chance.
    I try not to worry about positions too much, it is in the back of my mind though as our fave is me on top and 'they' say its not the best. BUT i fell pregnant last year which unfortunately turned out to be a mmc and that month we BD ONLY ONCE!!! and that was with me on top. So ladies, i wouldnt worry, if that little spermie wants to get there then it will hehe!

Hope you're all calm haha and not SS yet!!! xxx
  • Options
    Hello!
    Well we are in month two as well and trying to stay calm. I think I am 1DPO now as I think I ovulated yesterday and my CM has changed from the run up. I am still not totally sure about when I ovulate so not much I can do now, done everything possible! If we do it this month great, if not then I am defo going to use OPK to pin down that ovulation!! xxxx
  • Options
    I think it'd be lovely if we all had Valentines BFP's...but i think id want to test early as if AF turned up that day i would go off my head and then ruin Valentines in a Incredible Hulk sort of fashion......but yeah, honestly....im keeping calm:roll:

honestly Pickle is just going to slap me!!! image

x x x x

• Options
    HomeFairy i think we have similar cycles? Mine are around 5 weeks to. Ive just had my 2nd day of positive opk, how long should i expect to have a positive?

Ive had no symtoms of ovulation at all :/ me and hubby have done so much BD'ing im finding it hard to keep it interesting and fun when all we want to do is sleep lol

And omg about valentines day! Could be a lovely present or a big fat dissapointment lol xx
  • Options
    Hiya girls- my af will be due the day after Valentines so i will test early too. I don't usually test unless af is late but in this case i will cos we've got 2 christenings to go to valentines day (!!) so if it's a bfp we can sit there all dead excited but if it's a bfn i will be hitting the vino lol.
    on the topic of lubrication we used sasmar conceive plus from boots so i will let you know if it works x