Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

test results back, not good need support please ppl

hi as most of you know OH and i had infertiltiy tests done last week. all mine came back fine and we found out OH today.

its not good only 5% of his sperm is working. when he was litle he had an accident causing him to need an operation on one of his balls, it wasnt nice, he does not have a good diet and does not excersice often but plays footy every weekend. he wears briefs (cotton ones)

anyone got any ideas on what to do? or how to boost his spermies?
he is incredibly upset and at the moment is not speaking to anyone. i really wanna support him but dont know what to do fro the best. im very upset that hes upset and really want to try anything. recently ive been taking mutivitamins and folic acid. he does not

any one had this problem? if so how did or are you get around it or boost sperm.
please help im at my wits end.

thanks stacey x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Stacey - really sorry to hear your news.
    Not sure what will boost his sperm - has the doctor given any advice?
    If your OH is anything like mine, he will go into his shell and not want to talk about it and I hate it when he does that cos I always want to talk things through.
    What I think I would do is let him have some space and not put any pressure on him so he will hopefully talk when he feels ready. He will probably feel like he has let you down so I guess reassurance is the key.
    Maybe its good that you have at least found this out cos now you can do some research and tackle the issue head on. I am sure there must be some websites you can have a google on?
    Chin up if you can!
    xxxx
  • Options
    Hi, sorry to hear your news. You could try getting him to wear boxers instead of briefs to keep his 'boys' cooler. Also a multivitimin with zinc and ? (can't remember what else - fluff brain) will let you know if I think of it. Good luck, and remember it only takes one sperm! xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Stacey, sorry to hear your news, you must both be feeling pretty down about it. Candygirl is right about the zinc and also vitamin C and vitamin b6 or B12 (cant remember which on enow!!! doh!) are also good fro sperm so get him either eating loads of oranges or taking a supplement. Can i suggest the website www.marilynglenville.com It is an excellent sit and covers infertility in both men and women on there with some really good tips.
    Good luck, try and keep smiling and just give oh lots of tlc.
    lots of love to you both, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    hey,
    bless him, he'll prob b beatin himslef up bout not been able to 'be a man' [as my oh would put it!]
    my suggestions would be;
    loose booxers and clothes, maybe jog bottoms.
    take folic acid AND zinc or sonatagen do a multi vit for men ttc.
    keep the testicles cool
    dont sit for long times in a hot place, ie the car.

also there was a thing a little while back that said men shouldnt put there mobile phones in there pockets coz they fry the 'little men'!

hope this helps
    xx
  • Options
    Just googled it....also suggested vitimin c and e and b vitimins. xxxx
  • Options
    Hello Stacey,
    I'm sorry to hear your news.. knowing men I'm sure everything that has been said is spot on. They are definatly not good with this sort of thing! Just let him know your there when he's ready to talk about it!! And remember we're here for you!

Zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6 are all good, and keeping cool!!

Lydia x
  • Options
    oh hun sorry to hear that give him space but lots of affection men tend to deal with things by sulking for a while then going and getting hammere with there mates then they are ok so give it time hun.
    i dont know much about problems with concieving but i know you can have his sperm and your egg put together then put inside you dont know the full details but it might be worth looking into that.
    good luck hun xxx
  • Options
    thnks everyone
    great help
  • Options
    My friends hub tried spirulina form holland and barrett. He also took a multivitamin, changed to boxers and gave up alcohol. Hope this helps. Filo x
  • Options
    thanks girls that really helps. we just really upset at moment. we cant believe it, oh wont speak to me at mo. its harder that way.

i know it sounds horrible but y me and him not some other couple, weve done nothing wrong!!!!
    i think well try looser clothing, he cant wear boxers to work as he works in a nursery and quite regularly gets boners, not good with kids. but im putting him on multi vits with zinc and folic acid. whether he likes it or not. and hes gonig to gym with me .

but how do you know if a bath is too hot?

and is it true about mobiles in pockets damaging sperm?

thnks everyone
  • Options
    Hi choc,
    I am sorry to hear that hun! I know vit c helps - makes them better swimmers if I remember rightly!
    If my oh is ever upset - he's not one to talk either - it's better to leave him to it and let him come back to you!
    Men like to sit in their caves for bit and ponder - if you sit outside the cave waiting for him to come out it puts pressure on them and it takes longer for them to adjust - something like that is written in men are from mars women from venus! It works try not to force him to talk! Just give him a big hug when he's ready!
    It only takes one sperm - it could be worse he could have no swimmers! Chin up hun and chat to you soon - I'm here if you wanna chat......
    Take care - lots of love M
    XXXX
  • Options
    I agree with the girls, lots of sex will hopefully make him feel better and increase your chances aswell!!
  • Options
    We used zinc tablets and it seemed to work image Plenty of fruit and veg too.
  • Options
    hi girls, i went out and brought some sonategen his and hers vitamins and minerals specially for copules trying to conceive. wanted to thank everyone for thier replies, you ve all really helped. cant wait to get these vits running in his system lol and make him better. still gonig to try as usual but conditioned myslef to thinking it may take longer than we thought. just glad we know problem and we are going to docs on wednesday to chat to doctor.

good luck to everyone
  • Options
    I am really sorry to hear the tests came back this way.

I was recommended Zinc tablets and an improvement in diet etc for my DH. Caffeine alone is apparently the cause of up to 50% reduction in fertility and as we all know its not just women who are advised to cut out the alcohol and cigarettes..

Very very best of luck ttc

xxx

• Options
    I don't have much to add but just wanted to say hi, thinking of you and don't lose heart yet - let joanne83's story give you hope and get going with those vits and the healthy eating plan! Good luck. xx