Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

coming off marvelon

I cant believe 2008 has finally arrived - this is hopefully my year to have a very much wanted baby. Im currently saving so i have enough cash to pay my share of the mortgage when on maternity leave but i was just wondering if anyone has been taking marvelon and how long it took to conceive after coming off it.

I am hoping to come off it in June - i know i'm probably a jumping the gun a bit but its not really that far away and i was qurious.

Any replies appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Hi Vicchic....hopefully my year too!

Came off pill 6 moths ago but all over the place still. Hoping to start ttc in march. I think its different for everyone on how long it takes after coming off the pill. Both my nurse and doctor said that pills these days are out of your system after you take the last pill. Not so sure so stopped already and use condoms until right time.

Like you i'm not trying yet but nice to chat to others. I aim to take these next months to eat well and take folic acid!

I'm currently saving too...we pay everything jointly but i plan to work the summer holidays again (only work term time) so that i can have enough money to take longer off work. ??112 maternity pay is good to have but doesn't cover my usual weekly earnings!!
  • Options
    Hi Rosered & Lixiedixie

This saving thing is a nightmare but as everyone says there is no right time to have a baby but i want to make sure i'm in the best possible position.

I originally planned to stop taking the pill in september but its now moved to June. I'm starting on the treadmill on monday again to try and get myself fit :lol:

Lixiedixie let us know how things go for you.
  • Options
    Hi vicchic...will def keep you posted! Nice to chat to someone else who'se on here but not yet trying!

Like you say...no right time for a baby and i know we'll manage as we'll have to but would rather have some cash to fall back on.

How come you're waiting until june? I'm waiting until march as i get married on the 22nd march and don't want to risk feeling ill...or bulging out of my dress image

Speak soon x
  • Options
    Congrats on your forthcoming wedding.

We are getting our house extended and its due to start in march so ive decided to wait as i have a feeling that we will end up going overfbudget and OH wont borrow any money from the bank. Hes saving for the extension and i'm saving for the bugaboo !!

Obviously if we get to may time and we got plenty money left then we can try earlier but now way am i dipping into the baby fund - again !
  • Options
    hi i was on marvelon for years in all was on pill for 9 years and it took 12 months to get periods reg and then a further 3 months to concieve so 15 months in all with no1 who is 8 months now and trying for no 2 now xx
  • Options
    was it marvelon you were on for all those years ?

I know its not going to be easy to conceive and these days it not a case of 'when we are having a baby' its more a case of 'if we can' have a baby.

• Options
    Thanks vicchic! I keep telling myself its not long to wait before ttc!

If i were you, i'd be tempted to come off your pill now. Just use condoms until you start ttc. Thats what i do. I feel much better being off the pill. What i do is then mark on my calender when i come on with red dots so i can have a better understanding of my cycle etc..

Is there a reason why you want to stay on the pill?

• Options
    no - ive dont suppose ive got any reason to be on the pill but me and oh dont use condoms and as much as i want a baby i dont want one right this minute so it looks like may/june but hsving read other posts im now having second thoughts !
  • Options
    I know how you feel....sometimes i think i shouldn't be on here for a s long as i am.

Before i was 100% sure we'd be ttc after the wedding. Now i feel like i should start sooner as so many others try for long times to conceive.

Its quite and headache isn't it! Not sure what to do for the best. I'm all over the place.

My OH wasn't keen on condoms...but its going okay image I've been making sure we have no slip ups before the wedding as still want to fit in my dress! When we go out OH says it doesn't matter how much i've drunk i always insist he wears one! image
  • Options
    hi i was on microgynon for about 3 years then marvelon for the rest hun. it can take a long time yeah however it may not! we started ttc in june 2005 and got preg sept 2006 with joseph and we had to but our wedding back from june 07 to oct as i had lo in april 07! we didnt contemplate it taking so long so this time we not leaving it too late and ttc no2 now xx
  • Options
    Hi Vicchic,

I was on Marvelon for several years. Came off it in late July, took about 33 days for first normal AF, 29 for 2nd and 30 days for 3rd AF. 4th AF never appeared - BFP ;-D Now 9+4!

So, if you really need to save money and not be pg, just watch out cos it happened to us faster than we thought it would! I'm 33 years old and it's our first - I too thought that it might never happen, but who knows? Just goes to show what a complete mystery our bods are!

Good luck - I found coming off the Pill a bit of an emotional rollercoaster!

xx
  • Options
    Weeza

I really cant wait to come off it has it has made by boobs huge - but typical doc says its got nothing to do with contraception where i think it is. Before Marvelon i was on Logynon but that gave me a headaches.

Yours is a fairly positive story so i think i'll stick to my guns and say May/June with the hope of being preggers shortly afterwards as long as its before the end of the year.

Thanks

Vicchic