Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can 2 different tests show different results?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and just needing a little advice -

I'm due AF on Tuesday 31st August - have been impatient and took a couple of tests this morning!

1st - One Step Ultra Early 10mi Test - showed one line(neg)
2nd - First Response Early Test - showed one dark line and one faint line(pos)

which one can i trust??

Replies

• Options
    that's Defo the first response as long as in the time frame. I would say you maybe preggers! Good luck x X
  • Options
    Thanks booey xx

I did exactly what it said on the packets. strange tho, the 1st one(the bfn one) now has a very very faint line?? but that could just be my imagination! or an evap line?

2nd one is still 2 lines though! oh confirmed that too!

fingers crossed!!! trying not to get too excited!

• Options
    if the+line is pink i would say your+in with a very good chance babe! If it was me i certainly would be getting little excited he he. How many dpo are you? X X
  • Options
    I'm not sure I trust those Internet cheapie ones so I would go with the first response. I shall whisper congratulations!!! Maybe do another one in the morning just to confirm, but like Booey says, looks like you've done it!
  • Options
    hey lottie... as far as im aware i didnt think you could really get a false positive but you can get a false negative. either way hun test again and let us know!!! i'll whisper congratulatons image

xx
  • Options
    You can unfortunately get false positives - a few ladies on here have got them - but I wouldn't trust the internet cheapies at all (says me who just used 2 of them!) but would go with the first response. Get more and test again first thing in the morning, or even leave it a couple of days before testing again. Then you'll get a definite line - whispers congrats but sure you've done it xx
  • Options
    Thanks again for the feedback!!
    I think i'm 14 dpo but cant be 100%, i've tried another cheapo one this morning as dont want to use another first response until at least Tuesday(AF Day) as theyre so pricey! so - the cheapo one is again showing (if you screw up your eyes!) a very very faint mark??

oh well - wish me luck for Tuesday that she doesnt come!

secretly smiling...

xxx
  • Options
    yeah good luck have my fingers crossed for you X X
  • Options
    G/C

I didn't get a BFP on a 10miu test till i was 22dpo and i had faint lines on superdrug and tesco from 13dpo - i got a preg 1-2 on a cbd at 16dpo and a BFN on a ebay 10miu.

Best of luck image gems xx
  • Options
    ok so i couldnt wait until tomorrow! used the other FR test and definitely 2 pink lines!

But! - Got myself worked up that its not going to happen though as i have a swollen belly(like its full of gas) sore cramping pains round my back and other similar PMS pains - but oddly I dont have tender breasts - which i usually have around this time and apparently one of the first symptoms of pregnancy??

I think i'm working myself up but just really nervous!

Thanks for all the best wishes xx
  • Options
    Congratulations! Sounds like you've got a definite BFP there. I know it's hard but try not to stress about symptoms or lack of. Whilst I've been lurking on this site I've read loads of stories from women who had no symptoms and went on to have happy & healthy pregnancies. Wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    Thanks Koalagirl - good advice! I'm a natural worrier, so i do need to relax a little more..

Anyone know when i should go to the docs then? I guess i need to wait until its past my AF (on Tues)??

; )
  • Options
    Hey lottie

Sorry forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on my reply to you on my thread!!!!

I am sure we will see each other in DIM when it is available!

Xx
  • Options
    Oh thanks Lollipopphoney! I cant get excited yet, my hubby thinks i'm being far too premature - so got to wait until doc's to confirm......i'm v happy tho...

See you in DIM hopefully!

xx
  • Options
    Hi Lottie,
    Sorry to g/c from DIA but I just read your post.

I did a test the day before af was due and I had 2 lines although the 2nd one was soooo faint. It was so faint I had to strain to see it. Sound familiar?
    I drove down the road with dh and bought the CB digital and hey presto, it came up 1-2 weeks pregnant (which a doctor would date as 4 weeks). I'm now 7+3. I'd use a CB digital to test tomorrow and good luck! :\)
    The doctor is unlikely to confirm your pregnancy by the way if you have lots of positives!image They will just go through all the referral bits and pieces for you. All the best hun.
    LK xx
  • Options
    i'm off to buy a CBD!! thanks LKMum2Be x