Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

DEAD POST - IGNORE

Replies

• Options
    Well i think i can say it. To me if you are going to cause an argument then just dont comment, if someone put on their thread they didnt want to start an argument and i had something argumentative to say i would respect their wishes and not bother commenting. Sorry you feel like that but thats what i think. Seraphina it wasn't actually aimed at you hun. I had been reading stuff last night on Google and this morning and that is why i posted it. I have just looked on your post and realised you mentioned it. Sorry if you think it was kinda aimed at you, earlier when i read your post all i really saw was that you had had an m/c and you wanted to test but wasn't sure, i didnt even notice the drinking bit. Fingers crossed for you anyway image xx
  • Options
    Broody - I think thats perfectly fine image)
    The point is, everyone is different and to 'feel' for someone who makes lifestyles choices between herself and her OH I find a bit patronising to be honest -sorry tink.

There is nothing wrong with cutting down or out of something, same as there is nothing wrong with keeping going with something......but please don't feel for me because I chose to do my 2ww the way I did.

PP84 x
  • Options
    I think having a glass of wine or whatever is fine in the 2ww. I dont think going out and getting completely trashed when you may be pregnant is very wise but its up to the individual. If you smoke, well, personally I think you should probably try to stop or cut down but as an ex smoker I know how hard it really is..its personal choice and who are we to judge someone.

I am currently on antibiotics, I am in the 1WW and will still be when I am finished them. However, if was in the 2WW it wouldnt stop me taking them. Maybe that is selfish, I did take a high dosage course of steroids when i was 7 weeks pregnant with my son because I had a severe asthma attack. I think if you are ill then your body is going to concetrate on getting you better rather than a baby, so denying yourself the medication you need to get better is a tad silly. Even better if you can get pregnancy safe meds...

So in a way, yes I do agree with you. xxx
  • Options
    My midwife was fine tho she did look a bit aghast at the liver but maybe that was because she hates it LOL
    My GP however.... asked if I drank and I said a bit and she snapped at me 'you are going to stop now tho aren't you?'
    I said yes and on my notes (I looked at screen while seeing a different GP on the day I had mc and she was on phone to hospital!) she had put 'drinker, will try to stop' FFS!!! The most I ever drink would be 1/2 bottle red wine in an evening or a couple of gins hardly a bloody drunkard
  • Options
    listen im not one for starting arguements but you cant expect the answers you want on any topic it is a public forum after all..like people G/C threads to give their opinions

you open up a topic to everyone not just selected people
  • Options

I said yes and on my notes (I looked at screen while seeing a different GP on the day I had mc and she was on phone to hospital!) she had put 'drinker, will try to stop' FFS!!! The most I ever drink would be 1/2 bottle red wine in an evening or a couple of gins hardly a bloody drunkard

Oh my god!!! I'd be really bloody annoyed with that!!! xx
  • Options
    MrsPP84 - i dont "feel" for people who choose to make those decisions. I said i feel for women who sit there and really want to go out and drink but feel that because they are in their 2ww they should maybe stay in and miss out JUST INCASE!!! THAT is not patronising.
  • Options
    meds is a tricky one too. I suffer from PMDD and take anti-deps for half my cycle for it (hate it but haven't found anything else that helps yet) and I stopped them to ttc, I also suffer with migraines. On last preg I had a really bad one in the 2ww and I did take the meds after looking at research that basically said they couldn't be sure but it hadn't affected preg rats (LOL)
    Again when I told GP and I said but it would only have been a bundle of cells at that point she said well we won't get into that debate... ???
    I have of course beaten myself up over whether that caused mc too.
  • Options
    Some docs really do get on my wick ya know. Some people did have lives before they got pregnant so just because you drank before doesnt mean to say you are going to turn into an alcoholic when you are pregnant lol. What i cant understand ladies is why do some docs get touchy about it but then it is "allowed" as long as you do not have a lot to drink!!! x
  • Options
    MrsPP84 - i dont "feel" for people who choose to make those decisions. I said i feel for women who sit there and really want to go out and drink but feel that because they are in their 2ww they should maybe stay in and miss out JUST INCASE!!! THAT is not patronising.

It is patronising.
    You said:
    "???????I just find it a bit upsetting that some people who are TTC will put there life on hold during that 2ww???????"
    "???????i just really feel for women who think they have to give up the joys in life incase it affects them conceiving???????
    "???????i just "feel" for the women who, like i said, sit and debate whether they should go???????"

If thats not patronising, i'm not sure what is.

Just my opinion.
  • Options

I didn't stop doing anything when we were trying for my son. We had a very relaxed approach- we weren't actively trying as in tracking cycles etc, we just stopped contraception. Because of this I didn't really know when I was on the 2ww or not, I just knew vaguely when I was due my af. I wasn't a member of forums then and to be honest I didn't know that much about TTC-we just did a lot of bd'ing and hoped for the best. It took us a while- around 8 months-which I know isn't a lot compared to a lot of ladies. I am glad we had the approach we did- it made the process a lot easier and I found our last few months of just being 'us' extremely enjoyable and stress free. When I fell pg I had no idea, we had been camping, slept outside, drank and ate bbq food. I was worried when I found out, so much so I asked the gp if there was any risk and he just laughed at me and assured me there wasn't.

Having said that, I do agree with grundie- once you are actively trying and knowing what I do now- it is slightly different. I sit somewhere in the middle of opinions. I wouldn't stop my life, but I might be inclined to take it easy if there was a chance I could be pg.

Also, I think if someone wants to give up something that could be ultimately bad for them (ie. smoking, drinking) then this is obviously going to benefit them anyway-TTC or not, so I say why not? If it isn't going to have any impact on your life and you want to do it...why not? Being healthier can only be a good thing surely??

xxxx
  • Options
    becuase a drink CAN effect a unborn child FACT firr enough in the olden days they did but they didnt no what we know,do they have statistics on how many poeple lost or had a child with alcohol affect when they didnt no about it to people who do no about it??

• Options
    If you actually read research into these things you do have to drink a fair bit to have an effect and I think the GMC are erring on the side of caution by saying don't drink at all.
    Most people are sensible but there are others that don't have boundaries and are putting themselves and the baby at risk. It's not just the effect of alcohol on the baby it's what you might do whilst drunk....
  • Options

What about stress as well? Stress is meant to be bad for an unborn child yet the 2ww is extremely stressful.

That might seem like nit picking...but where do you draw the line?

xxxx
  • Options
    g/c here but just wanted to say that everyone chooses to do things differently and no-one has the right to judge anyone. When you have been ttc for a while you will try absolutely anything to improve your chances of gettting a bfp, if that means not eating soft cheese or standing on your head after sex, then what's the harm?

So many lovely ladies on here are desperate to get their bfp and have been trying for far too long, they should not be judged for trying to improve their chances of conceiving, whether you think it right or wrong. It is THEIR decision!

ok rant over! :P

Lx
  • Options
    well said ladybird x
  • Options
    No Grudie but i can ask people to respect my wishes and not turn it into an argument. You could have just said your peace and left it without putting the ps at the bottom and i wouldnt have thought twice. I didnt tell people not to answer if they disagreed with me. I asked them to tell me their opinions but not turn it into an argument. I have my opinion and you have yours, i appreciate how you feel and i wouldnt argue against your comment because that is YOUR opinion. As i said i havent asked people not to disagree, i asked that it wasnt turned into a bitchfest. All i wanted was peoples opinions and for other people to read them and express their own opinion.
  • Options
    Ladies calm down. This really isn't that much of an issue to start arguing about it. Tink, I think you are just making things worse. Perhaps this is one of those times where we all agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Baby dust to all xx
  • Options
    I am not making anything worse and i am sick of asking a simple question and it turning into a slanging match. There was no need for Grudies PS on her first comment, i havent told anyone what to do and i wouldn't. Its a dead post now - end of!!
  • Options
    OMG I can't believe i've just read that! I'm with Grudie on this one x