Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Oily skin

Hi
I came off the pill a month ago. My skin has always been on oily side. Now it is completly out of control.
I have to wash my hair every day. It looks disgusting on the second day. My face shines every time I look in the mirror. By the way - I am 35! Have any of you exeperienced similar thing?

Replies

• Options
    YES!!! It's been really bad since I came off the pill in December - I've invested in moisturiser for oily skin and a good shampoo for greasy hair. Its actually started to calm down and can go back to washing my hair every other day - thank goodness!!!!

Em
    xx
  • Options
    Its probably a hormonal thing then, as pill can take care of these annoying things(well i suppose it must have some uses). I too get this problem to a lesser degree. Have you tried agnus castus, as can balance the hormones. Its ok to take up to ovulation but not after and may help with cycle problems too. Good luck and babydust.
    Filo x
  • Options
    I totally know what you mean. I've been on pill since I was 16 and always had clear skin but since coming off it in Nov I've got zits all over the place! Just when you're trying to look alluring...
  • Options
    me too so fed up with it even thought yesterday i wanna go back on the pill ............unfortunatly not gonna get pg that way!!
    xx
  • Options
    Hi yes had this, dont use a mosituriser or cleanser with alcohol in it and it only makes it worse.

jen x
  • Options
    i've had a bad bout of spots since coming off pill in Jan, my skin is normally clear as well, includeing across the top of my back! Nice!!! i'm not sure if its just my hormones settling down but i feel mine have got bit better since taking agnus castus, also not been as emotional (was getting quite bad, cried 3 days in a row for nowt!!) i've also read that EPO can help with spots???
  • Options
    Yup I'm experiencing the same. Pooooo.
  • Options
    Yep, spots on my neck and even my chest looks oily and spotty.
  • Options
    me too