Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

who have you told?

Hi
Bored and avoiding housework and other stuff i need to do for work tmw. Just wondering if anybody has told people they are ttc and regretted it?
Husband says to stop telling people . I am playing it down now as too much pressure but still desperate to talk to people about it. Was 2 wks pg and lost it in Jan and told some close friends and parents what had happened but beginning to wish hadn't as now feel like everyone knows we are trying - which of course we are!!
Think as soon as i stop drinking everyone will know, yet it would be far too early to say anything (that is if we are lucky of course)
Also worried that as one or two people know at work that if it gets out management won't be too happy and could get overlooked for more single..no plans for kids type women!!!
Sorry for rant but going mad this month as on day 13/14 (so am ovulating?) and desperate to fast forward 2 weeks. ANyone want to chat?

Replies

• Options
    I told people when we were trying i don't think there is anything wrong with it. this is my first time on this site. Hope everything goes ok.
  • Options
    Hi
    welcome...i am fairly new too (ttc for about 3mths) so good luck and enjoy the support from this group x
  • Options
    i have told everyone that i am trying but also told them that if i get pregnant that they wont know till i have got passed 12 weeks cos dont think i could handle it if had another m/c and had to tell everyone again it was too hard having them all sympethise and feel sad for me
  • Options
    Hi nicky1983, r u ttc or pg already
  • Options
    Hi Justmarried

I got married on July 1st last year and I told many of my close family and friends that I was coming off the pill couple of weeks before the wedding as we wanted children pretty much ASAP, as I am 33 years old and had spent all my life avoiding getting pregnant so was bit worried about how long it'd take to concieve.

I did regret it a bit, cos we were barely off honeymoon and even my dad kept asking if I was pregnant yet... So did start to feel the pressure a little.

Luckily we got pregnant within 2 months and now nearly 28 weeks. I think if we decided to try for another baby I would keep it to ourselves.

Good luck!!!

• Options
    Hi Sam
    thanks for reply...must be weird having dad ask!!! I felt a bit 'wrong' telling them I had even been pg.Think they were surprised were even trying. Well done for doing it in 2months though!
    Hope everything goes well for you. Any tips!!?
  • Options
    Well, all I can say is have sex lots & lots!!!

I think we averaged every day (more or less) from the wedding until we caught pregnant. Well, we were in the honeymoon period I suppose...

Feel sorry for hubby now, for last few weeks sex is starting to get uncomfortable so good job he got all the sex last year cos he is well missing out now!!!

I hope you have some good news very soon.

• Options
    We didn't tell anyone and as it happened I had a m/c so I am glad not many people knew. Only told close friends. Wanted to tell our kids first , we are now ttc again and noone knows as I don't want people to ask my if it has happened yet.
    I haven't got any good tips in how to concieve apart from to have sex every few days, if you do it to much the sperm is not as effective-so they say.
    Good Luck