Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New to all this!!

Hi all! This is my first time on here, but thought i'd give it a go!! I stopped taking the pill at the end of August after much discussion and am TTC!! Have been trying the ovulation sticks ( not up with the forum lingo yet!!) this month but not detected anything yet - need to get my cycle going regularly first I suppose ......just really want it all to happen now!!!! Anyway hello to all!! Hope to chat soon. :\)

Replies

• Options
    Hello Nat74, welcome to the site! I am a little new here also, started trying Mid-August and using ov sticks and had my first positives this month so hoping for a bfp (big fat pregnant) next week - wishing a bit I know bearing in mind I fell down the stairs a few days ago, but the girls on here said it shouldn't matter which made me feel better. Anyway, everyone is really nice on this site and answer lots of questions(no matter how silly you think it is) so have fun and good luck ttc!!! amy x
  • Options
    hi nat74

I am new on here too been ttc for 4 months now but periods havent calmed down into a proper cycle yet.
    I havent used ov sticks yet but mite give it a go next month let me know how you get on with them.

good luck xx
  • Options
    Hi Amy +1 - sorry about your fall, sure you'll be fine.......keeping everything crossed for you!! Nat x

Hi lilyrose, the ov sticks are really easy to use.....i usually use them first thing in the morning as you need to make sure that you haven't had a pee for 4 hours before using them. I got my sticks from ebay (ordered more today!!!) & they are much cheaper than the chemist. Go for it!!
    Nat x
  • Options
    Thank's Nat, sending you babydust....(do you know, I went on a site that actually sell babydust?? what is it? babypowder or something??!!) amy x
  • Options
    Hi Nat74,

Welcome, I am also quite new to this site. This is my first month of ttc after 3.5 years on depo injection. Everyone is really friendly on here and really welcoming. Good luck ttc.
  • Options
    Hi Nat74 nice to meet you, Im on month 5 ttc came off microgynon nearly 7 months ago and luckly my cycles have been fairly normal. Im a bit naive came off the pill thought id catch on straight away but so far nothing (boo hoo). Anyway everyone on here is great and really helpful. Goodluck im sending you lots of babydust.

jen xx

• Options
    Hello everyone ! I'm from Australia only joined 2day.
  • Options
    Welcome PurpleKLH! How long have you been ttc? amy x
  • Options
    hi nat74 and pupleklh im new on here too been ttc for 3 months ( on third month at mo) tried ov sticks this month and all were negative its a bit disheartening but got too keep going it will happen one day everyone one on here are great and really nice and helpful even when your asking silly questions and believe me ive asked a few lol
    good luck all xxx
  • Options
    hi all .......this site is great! I thought i was being a bit premature in starting to use ov sticks & taking cycle dates etc as i only came off the pill in August, but its sooooo reassuring to know that you are all out there thinking & doing the same things too!!

Hi saint bertie....sorry about your bfn. x
    Hi Jen24 , nice to meet you! x
    Hi purple KLH.... good luck with ttc & also in working out all the abbreviations!!
    Hi sez31....i've had negatives from all my ov sticks so far, we've just got to keep trying. x

Nat x
  • Options
    Hi Nat - and welcome! You'll see me on here moaning about my a/f - I'm waiting for a/f since coming off the pill - had one 6 weeks after but waiting for my second! Been 20 weeks - suspense is killing me can't wait to start ttc! Trying reflexology on Monday - fingers crossed! Good luck and sending you lots of baby dust! XXXXXX
  • Options
    Hi Guys
    am also new to this site, and definately not up with all the lingo yet, stopped taking the pill in june and have to say my cycle has never been more unpredictable, 28 days, 25 days, 34 days, and still nothing. havent tried the sticks yet but havin read what everyone is writing i think i'm gonna have to invest in some. am really nervous as it took my mum 6 years to get pregnant with me, really hoping its not in the genes!

xxx