Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any1 know if Sainsburys own tests are sensitive?

Hi, well the last few months my af's have been abit all over the place but my last af was on the 14th June. Normaly im on for 6 or 7 days from start to finish but this time only 4days and then completely stopped. (it was heavy flow for 2 days and then tailed off over the next 2 days?

Anyways this last week ive been feelin a little nauseus on and off. We are ttc our first and never had this before!

I dont no why but.... i bought a pack of 2 Sainsburys own brand pregnancy tests today and have not long done them. Both of them had very very light pink second lines after about 8-9 mins if holding them to the light and i no after 10mins your ment to throw them but after 15mins - 20mins the 2nd pink line is very much there on them both. i can easily see it without holding them to the light.
Could it be an evap or are evap's always grey? These are defo pink!!

I had a spare first response tooked away and just done that but its negative!

Has anyone ever used Sainsburys own brand fairly early and got a BFP?
Dont no what to think, are first response less sensitive do you think??

Im all of a fluster ladies.
Any info would be fab. x x x

Replies

• Options
    Would you say i was pregnant ladies or should i test again in afew days? Id love to know how sensative sainsburys tests are but cant seem to find out anywhere. x
  • Options
    Not sure about the sensitivity of Sainsburys tests but this is sounding good to me.... evap lines aren't pink, they're grey.

Also, I know it says you should disregard the result if it appears after the time limit but my first BFP only showed up after the time limit (I was 10dpo).

I used a First Response about 16 hours later, which gave me a clear +ive well within the time limit.

Hope it's the result you're after!

16+5
  • Options
    This is a tough one! I think i would leave it a couple of days then test again. I really hope its a bfp. good luck xxxx
  • Options
    i had confusion with sainsburys pg tests when i got my bfp. i spent the whole day googling evap lines and i learnt that evap lines aren't coloured. my sainsburys bfp line didn't appear straight away and it was only very light pink but it got darker as time when on (way after the 10 minutes). so i really didn't know at the time. but 2 days later i tested with CB and it was a clear BFP.

good luck! really hope it is a clear bfp!! xxx
  • Options
    PinkToothbrush, what test did you use at 10dpo?
    Do you no what the miU is of First response hun?

I think ill leave it afew days and see. I took 2 Sainsburys tests about 3 hours ago now and i can see both pink lines showing even from a short distance. Ones abit darker than the other one but there both pink!! xx
  • Options
    Hi mrs_e, the second lines are defo pink and me to have spend the last few hours googling info on evap lines. lol

Its been 3 hours since i took the Sainsburys tests and its really clear to see the second lines. (although not the same colour pink as the control line, lighter)

How much longer after 10mins did you check your test hun? Roughly??

xx
  • Options
    I used an Access Diagnosic cheapy at 10dpo (at 11dpo I used an Access Diagnostic again, then a First Response, and then another one, and then a CBD!) The AD cheapies detect 10miU.

There's a chart of sensitivity of tests here, but it's American so isn't necessarily the same for the UK (plus it doesn't have any supermarket own brands listed):

http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity.html

Hope that helps my dear.
  • Options
    just had a look at my old post about sains pg tests to refresh my memory. i think this is what happened:
    friday (CD29, about 10/11 days past ov) - BFN with CB
    saturday - tested with sainsburys, i look straight away but no line, then went back as i realised you had to wait slightly loner then CB and a line had appeared but it was not in the middle of the control window so i was very very confused - thought the windows might be slightly out. but it was a clear line and it wouldn't have been far off 10mins. i went out and bought more tests that afternoon but managed to wee on the window, ruining the tests.
    sunday - tested and v faint line at first but colour developed at end of 10mins, possibly a few mins after and it was quite pink after about half an hour or so - definitely not a ghost line. but for some reason i still doubted this as bfp!!!
    monday - didn't test as i was convinced af was coming
    tuesday - af hadn't turned up and i felt sick (which turned out to be upset tummy) but tested with CB and got BFP.

hope this vaguely helps!!!
    xxx
  • Options
    Thankyou ladies for your really helpful responses.
    Ill let you no in afew days when i test again.

xxxx
  • Options
    I tested positive on a sainsburys test at 11DPO - but it was only after I got a proper dark positive at 13DPO that I realised the sainsburys line was a BFP - I thought it was an evap line at first and didn't think anything about it until after I got my BFP!

Good luck xxx
  • Options
    Do you think sainsburys tests are fairly sensitive then Joo?

xx
  • Options
    i think they are fairly sensitive - it does say you can use them a few days early. i can't remember exactly how sensitive they are. i really hope there is a dark BFP for you soon image xx
  • Options
    Hi,

Hope you dont mind me writing. I used Sainsburys tests. I did first one day before period was due and it said postive so would say they are quite sensitive. Did 3 all together and got darker each time.

Hope that helps

xx
  • Options
    Hi bubblychick84, thanks for your response.
    Ill take another test in a day or two and wil let you no.

Cheers honey. xx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs Takers, so you used the sainsburys test at 9dpo?
    Do you think there fairly sensative then?

Last question, lol, was the pink line light do you remember hun? xx
  • Options
    Just looked at the 2 tests again and the second pink line is very clear to see.
    Im just scared thou cos ive left it much longer than the "10mins"! Maybe there evap lines?? What do you think??x
  • Options
    Thanks hun, as i say ill test again maybe Weds morning. (if i can last that long. lol
  • Options
    Hi, probably a bit late now as you've had lots of answers but I did 4 Sainsbury's pregnancy tests when I was actually 2 months pregnant and everyone of them came back negative and so did the one I had done at the drs! The only one that came back postive was when I was 14 weeks pregnant at drs again!

xx
  • Options
    Have you retested yet baby4us? My fingers are crossed for you

xx
  • Options
    I just done 2 sainsburys tests and got very faint positive, but tested with two other cheap brands and there negative.. very confused now! Had 3 periods last mt which.has never happened, all 3 occasions lastings 4-5days.. not sure when i ovulated this month! So im abit stressed with the whole situation x