Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I was waiting for ovulation but it looks like I've got AF?!

Aaaah I'm confused all over again.

For those of you who don't know, I had a MC about 3-4 weeks ago. I was at the hospital on Tuesday where they said that the womb lining appeared to be back to normal. My bleeding had pretty much stopped by last weekend, and I had 3 or 4 lovely bleeding free days. Until yesterday when it came back, Its not as much as a normal AF, but not as heavy as the AF. Sort of inbetween the two.

I have also got slightly sore boobs and horrible spots.

Is it possible that AF has returned approx 26 days after I started my MC? My cycles are usually extremely regular at 27 or 28 days but this seems a bit too quick!! Especially since I only got negative pregnancy tests at the start of this week.

I am going to put this in the MC but just wanted to post in here, because if it is AF that means I am on CD1 and will be able to start working out my ov date again..which, If I am back to normal will probably be in two weeks (yippeeee)....which means I will be smack bang in the middle of my holidays (double yipeeee).

Replies

• Options
    it could be AF posy

i had a MMC in march and my AF returned spot 29 days later im very regular 28 days!!

its nice to get the firstv AF out the way so you can start charting again and planning,i wish you luck xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice clarehair, its good to hear someone elses experiences.

After initially being disappointed that I was bleeding again, i now really hope that this is AF because at least I know I will be ovulating.

It just seems very early...I thought I would have a longer cycle after MC, not a shorter one thatn usual.
  • Options
    Posy,

It sounds like af to me, mine was bang on 28 days after start of mc. After that they went back to normal every 28 days.

You can now get back to planning for ov and for your holiday of loving!!!!

Will be good to have you back xxxxx

• Options
    MH, I can't believe its so soon...here was me starting to use the ov strips!! If it is AF then I am very happy.

i definitely will be planning for the holiday now. Countdown to ovulation begins!
  • Options
    Hi Posy! I hope this is AF. At least then you can dust off the ov strips and let Operation Baby Posy begin again in earnest. XXX
  • Options
    I think it is AF...its quite heavy and seems to be continuing all day. Will update tomorrow....ooh are you on tenterhooks?! LOL

I like the sound of operation baby posy!
  • Options
    Good luck Posy, I hope this is AF (I always feel wierd wishing AF on people when we're in the ttc forum!)

Hope you can get the sticks out in 2 weeks and put yourself on the St Patricks Day baby thread good and proper!

xxx
  • Options
    hi Wizzie of the foof yam image

I hope it is AF too LOL.

I think I am now too late for a St Patricks day baby though, i'm probably onto trying for an April baby now, which is fine for me!
  • Options
    Hi Posy...Just wanted to wish you luck too...for a st.davids bubba image hope you have a lovely holiday...thinking of you x
  • Options
    Thanks marymac....any Saint's day baby will be fine for me!!
  • Options
    Hi Posy, how is it today? Is it AF?

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Posy,

If it is AF at least it means that you can start trying again. fingers crossed you wont have to wait too long to get your BFP.

Love Lisa x
  • Options
    Although its a strange AF, I think it def is it because its continuous and quite heavy. I think they are supposed to be a bit abnormal after a MC so I'm not too worried that its not exactly like my normal AF.

Like I said on another thread, this month I am going to be totally chilled out TTC. Of course it helps that I will be doing it in my apartment by the seaimage I am going to enjoy my wine and sangria when on holidays, jump about playing beach ball games like a loony, go bike riding, whatever and basically not be careful at all!!! Because being super careful did me no favours the last time.

Hi Lisa, how are you feeling? x
  • Options
    Hi Posy,

That's good that af has arrived & you finally know were you are. They can be a bit weird after a mc simply your body has had a lot of changes to cope with.

Im with you on the relaxed attitude. I have no opk's no sticks for my cbfm no hpt's were on holiday at the beginning of aug, I have no idea when im gona ov this cycle & were just having sex when we want to & how we want to LOL!!!

Good luck hun, im sure your bfp will be a nice surprise being so relaxed xxx
  • Options
    Posy and Laujai...

I really hope both of you get your BFPs after taking a relaxed approach. I cant wait for both your BFPs!

xxx
  • Options
    Relaxation is definitely the way to go. I have 2 and a half weeks til my hols and I'm going to do the same. At least, if there's no BFP I would've had a damn good holiday! xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Laujai & Wizzie...hopefully being relaxed will do the trick.

KayeCee...I'm going to make sure I thoroughly enjoy my holiday too. The worst thing would be to restrict yourself and worry the whole time, then to come home and get a BFN anyway.

Luckily I think that my ovulation will be more towards the end of the holiday so there's plenty of time to get myself all chilled out.

I can't believe I'm going this weekend, i am very unprepared, haven't done any shopping (which Is a good thing because I haven't enough money LOL).

AF is still going, although seems to be a bit lighter today which ties in nicely with my normal pattern of three quite heavy days then tailing off on the 4th.

So that means I am CD4 today, yay!
  • Options
    Oh if I dont speak to you before then have a lovely time, im sure you will & deserve a nice break hun. Were not going till begining of aug not too long to go!! Still dont know what cd I am or when im going to ov LOL, I really do love this approach i must say LOL xxx
  • Options
    I think I will probably be on here before then Laujai, I just can't resist!

But thanks, I really can't want for a change of scenery and just want to come back feeling all refreshed.

Are you using ov sticks or just going with the flow? LOL
  • Options
    Hi Posy,

im feeling ok thank you, but starting to worry a bit more these past couple of days. My symptoms seem to be fading slightly - my boobs aren't as sore (just slightly tender to touch) and my nauseas seems to have disappeared too. But not had any bleeding so i assume that thats a good sign (touchwood).

I think your holiday will do you good hun, you deserve plenty of rest and time in the sun......oh and the sangria!!! xx