Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Limbo land

Well as some of you know, I came off pill at end of January...still no af and two bfns! It's really frustrating 'cos just want af to come so I can at least start charting and feel like I'm doing something. Any advice for getting af to come?!!! x

Replies

• Options
    Hi manicmiz

I'm in exactly the same position as you - came off pill end of Jan and no af and one bfn. Been bd-ing every other day since. Can't advise you but would love to hear if anyone else can!

xxx
  • Options
    Hey, you must have more energy than me! Couldn't last this long doing it every other day! lol x
  • Options
    I know! DH is enjoying it all at the moment but it won't last long!!! When we first got together we did it all the time. Why is it that when you need to the energy and enthusiasm starts to wear off?!?!? xxx
  • Options
    lol, I know what you mean! TBK (that is my new abbreviation for Too Bloody Knackered) after a day teaching 90 of other people's children to try and make a baby of my own! x
  • Options
    I don't know how to bring it on either, but just thought I'd sympathise with you both. I also came off end of Jan (last pill on 26th). No af since. I've been charting so I also know that I haven't ovulated yet either. So it'll be a while til i get an af yet. It's so frustrating isn't it?!
  • Options
    I hate limboland, the rides are naff and the waiting time it just sucks!! lol
    No really i had same last month but think i may have got my dates wrong then, as i ov'd early and af was late.
    Lets hope its bfps or if not then a quick af to put you out of misery. Fingers crossed and babydust.
    Filo x
  • Options
    Moomin, have you been doing ov sticks or the temperature thing? We decided to bring ttc forward quite spontaneously so haven't been charting this first month. Wish I had now. Is it easy to do? x
  • Options
    charting is ok if you can take temp at same time every day, however i work shifts so this won't work for me. I prefer ov sticks.
    Filo x
  • Options
    we brought ttc forward too - we were going to wait for our 1 year anniversary in May so in a way it makes me feel better, as I'm on stolen time until May if that makes sense?!
    Anyway, yes I am doing temps, cm checking and cervical position checking (sorry if TMI!). Haven't done sticks. Glad I'm doing this though as I had ewcm last mon / tues so if i wasn't charting my temperature I'd have thought I had ovulated. However my temps have stayed low so I know it didn't happen. Having read up, it seems that is fairly normal after coming off the pill. Got my hopes up though! Thank god for the temperature charting or i'd be POAS like mad next week and keep getting BFN's!
    You can start charting any time. They say to start at the beginning of the cycle if you can but it's not totally necessary. If you want to do it, read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It's very good. I like charting as it does make me feel more in control, plus it's easy and aside from buying the thermometer, it's free.
  • Options
    you can also try natural method of checking cm, although that freaks some out! I find it useful and double check with ov tests. Nothings 100% unfortunately. Good luck.
    Filo x
  • Options
    I also came off the pill in the end of Jan - it took my last pill on 22 Jan. I am now on 39 c day. Where is my AF? Bring it on...
    There are few of us on the same boat. Let's see who will get lucky first!
  • Options
    Hey manicmiz - not sure if you've seen or been part of any of the Agnus Castus posts about at the moment, but I was in the same situation to you and the first day I took a.c. AF came. I don't suppose for a minute this was any more than a coincidence, but nonetheless I now take it religiously up to ov!

Worst case scenario is it does nothing - it can't hurt to try.
  • Options
    Hi there

No ideas on how to bring it on, but like Agnus Castus I believe that Vitamin B6 can regulate your cycle, and also support the production of progesterone after ovulation/conception.

Hope this helps.
    Claire, x
  • Options
    Ooh thanks for all the advice. Can I just ask a silly question... do you need a special kind of thermometer to do BBT testing? Plus another TMI question - not sure I want to know the answer to this but what is cervical position checking?!!?? sounds like it involves mirrors or something lol x PS def. going shopping at the weekend for ttc stuff image) PS again - good luck to all you ladies in same rubbish situation - keep me posted if you find a way to start af! x
  • Options
    It's as natural and as gruesome as this: have a shufty up there and see what you can feel! If you feel a firm lump quite low down then you're probably at the end of your cycle. Around ov you can feel something soft, wet and high up.

Be warned - you really do have to, er, go quite a way up.
  • Options
    hi i camr off pill mid dec had one af on 9 feb and now am on cd 25 and still no ov (i check cm is best way for me as never had +ve on ov test yet) no ewcm yet but im taking decongestants and antihistamines to combat my hayfever so it may have dried it up? so just awaiting af AGAIN prob be another 52 day cycle arrrggghhh!!! only been on pill for 6 months after birth of my son too! he 10 months now x
  • Options
    yes you do need a special thermometer one that measures in points of degrees c. They are sold in boots etc.
    Can google checking cm , basically you check either on tissue paper when you wipe, or stick a finger up and take some from around cervix(sorry if tmi).
    OV sticks can be cheaper on the internet and if unsure about cycles may take a few before get a +.
    Holland and barrett sell agnus castus which is good for regulating cycles, but most stop it when you OV.
    Good luck and fingers crossed.
    Filo x
  • Options
    Thanks Filo, now I know your secret - you're a nurse so that's obviously why you're so knowledgeable about everything ;o)Well should be an interesting shopping trip then - I need agnus castus, ov sticks, a book, a thermometer and vitamins! lol x PS PTB I don't know if I can do that - I'm too squeamish!!!! still give me a couple more months ttc and I'm sure I will change my mind image
  • Options
    Hi Manicmiz

I got my thermometer off babymad on ebay. The one in Boots doesn't seem to be accurate enough as for celcius it needs to be to 2 decimal places and the boots on is only to 1. Also it's more expensive!!

As for cervical position checking... LMAO at PTB :lol: - yes have a 'shufty' about!!!! If you use your middle finger you can reach high enough. Also its easier to do if you're crouched down as it seems to push the cervix forward a bit. If you look at a picture of a cervix it helps to give you an idea of what you're searching for. It's like a mound with a hole in the middle of it which you can feel. After ov and up to a few days before the next ov it feels low, hard (like the tip of your nose) and closed. Then just before ovulation it rises up (harder to find!), becomes softer (like your lips) and the hole should be more open. It is a bit weird to do, but you soon get used to it & once you recognise what you're feeling for it's actually kinda interesting. OK maybe I'm just weird!!! :roll:

I'm going shopping on the weekend too. My husband goes away for 2 weeks on Saturday so if I haven't ov'd by then I'm going to get some agnus castus & take it continually through ov, through af and up to the following ov (providing I ov first while hubby away and therefore no chance I could be preggers). Hopefully that should sort things out a bit?!
  • Options
    i have tried to feel cervix and it always seems to feel the same lol!!!! but i continue in vain!!!!