Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Husbands...can't live with 'em can't legally kill them!!!

2»

Replies

• Options
    its ok these things always come back to bite men on the arse! for instance who goes food shopping? in our house i do it mostly and if my hiubby ever done/said what yours has i just wouldnt buy HIS foods with MY money! simple! no point having a house and being starving is there,lol.
    we both own our house and split the bills but there are in his name and come out his bank account but thats for convienience really and if they dont get paid its not me people will be chasing is it?! dont worry about it hun,he will soon be asking you for something. oh another thing you might want to try is saying that YOUR iron doesnt work on HIS shirts!
  • Options
    He is being a bit of an arse isn't he!! I would try to get your name on the mortgage because if anything unplesant ever does happen you need to have some protection for yourself. It is a tricky one to bring up though without it seeming as though you don't trust him. Mrs hopeful is right I think. As for the bills, ours are in my dh name mostly, that way he has to deal with sorting out any changes or problems!!!!!
    dg
  • Options
    the morgage thing isn't really the problem its just we have to wait till the morgage renewal really and as we're northern rock its really not the hassle. i do have protection in that the house is left to me if anything happened and (touch wood it never happens) but if we split up then i'd be entitled to half cause i'm his wife.

But like i said its just his attitude to these things that annoys me, these things are what OURS until he gets in a strop and then there HIS?! i just don't get it!

If its about terriotory then PI$$ round the bloody things already and be done with it!!!
    xx
  • Options
    Ha ha!! Take it you've got a detached house ????!!!
  • Options
    I sort of know how you're feeling jenna, my oh often moans at me that i dont work and he brings all the money in but how can i work when i have to look after a toddler and if i did work it wouldnt even cover the cost of child care so we would be losing money. he knows that when I worked full time last year for 3wks it didnt work out because putting dd in a nursery cost ??900 it was impossible. I used to work evenings and weekends at call centre when he was in a 9-5 job but now he is on call 24/7 we cant risk him being called out on a job when im working because would have to ship dd off to someone. I always tell him that I can go back to work when dd is in school but since we are now ttc there would be no point going back to work as Ill have another little baby to care for. its a bit of a touchy subject isnt it. I am lucky though that I literally have ALL control over money. He gets paid and I pay the bills, budget, do the food shop and say right this is what were left with. then normally split it unless we want to spend it on dd, flat or going out. My name is on most of the bills but both our names are on the rent book. xxx
  • Options
    You poor sausage, men are just like that. We have a joint account which we both pay into and all the bills leave that, but I'm aonly working part time as I had to give up my ft job to move 200miles for OH promotion with work.
    NOw it doesn't bother me htat I left everything and everyone I knew, but the fact that when I asked him to get a pint of milk on the way home he said why couldn't I do it, because I've no money til pay day which is tomorrow, so He said get a full time Job!!!
    Does he not think I would if there were any. woomummy will understand that signet don't do ft unless you're management or supervisor (that's what I gave up!)
    Good luck tonight Lilac. If it was me I tell your sister the truth, at least then she won't be mad at you and she'll probably understand because after all, it's just men. And you're right, can't live with them, can't legally kill them!!!

-x-

PS I once made OH do ALL the house work when he complained I hadn't paired his socks up!!! I was working a Full time job and being an unpaid PA for him when he started the company and he moaned coz I didn't pair his blooody socks up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " days later he apologised and bought me chocolate -x-