Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No period for 4 weeks

Hi all. Ive come off the pill as my husband and I would like to start a family the earlier part of next year and I wanted my body to get used to having normal periods. The trouble is my last period was July and I havent had a 'proper' non pill period since ive stopped taking it. I dont think im pregnant as we have been using condoms since but did two preganancy tests just in case-both negative but still no sign off my period! Its driving my insane i am so bloated I think ive put on about half a stone!!! Just wanted some feedback on this as my doctor didnt seem that bothered. Has anybody else had the same problem and will being bloated go away as soon as my period arrives? If it ever does! Cheers all

Replies

• Options
    hey u sound normal to me for just coming off the pill! i was soooo bloated for a few weeks! i actually looked pg!! but i knew i wasn't as we were using condoms til i'd had my first proper af. My first af came after 6 weeks and my 2nd af came after 6 and a half weeks. it can take a few months to get back to normal. my friend didn't have one for 5 months! and now she is regular as clockwork! everyone is different but u sound completely normal to me! just give ur body time xx
  • Options
    Thanks al for your replies. Its day 87 now and still no period. i went back to the doc and they are doing blood tests tomorrow. She said I have secondary Amenorrhea caused by taking the pill. Will keep you updated on how I go. x
  • Options
    Thanks al for your replies. Its day 87 now and still no period. i went back to the doc and they are doing blood tests tomorrow. She said I have secondary Amenorrhea caused by taking the pill. Will keep you updated on how I go. x
  • Options
    Hi toothfairy. Sorry to hear you are going through the mill a bit! I know several ladies who have been in the same position as you are now. Two things have helped, firstly, reflexology with someone who is fertility trained and secondly taking agnus castus which is a herbal remedy which helps to redress hormone inbalances. If you take it and then have an af, only continue taking it until day 14 and then stop until the next af comes. Hope this helps. lots of love, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Hi toothfairy. Would also recommend agnus castus which you can get from holland and barrett and boots. Can help regulate cycles by making them longer or shorter. Worked with me with baby one. My cycles are around 25/7 days and were varying before of 25-40. Do stop taking after ov though as not recommended in pregnancy. Good luck. Filo x
  • Options
    Hi

I came off the pill at the begining of September and had af on the 14th September so don't worry as each body is different.

Fingers crossed for a AF soon x
  • Options
    Thanks guys will def look into getting those pills from boots next time im in town. Thanks for your support x
  • Options
    Hi tooth fairy - I waited 21 weeks for my a/f after coming off the pill - I had one withdrawl bleed at 6 weeks and then 21 week wait for my real a/f!!
    I went on to this website http://www.marilynglenville.com/general/amenorrhoea.htm
    and read what vitamins to take an agnus castus - I then had my period about 3 weeks later!
    Hang in there - it will happen and it's quite normal!!
    Good luck hun!
    XXXX
  • Options
    Hey girlies! Just wanted to let you know that my results were normal which is great news but doesnt help on where my period is! Hope its on its way tho cos I feel like a big fat pie and I cant be bothered to do anything!!!