Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First Response question???

Evening Ladies...

I was just wanting some advice please.....

I have a 28 day cycle and am due af 3rd (Thurs) i have poas with first response today not fmu and it was bfn. Does this mean it is all over for this month or could i have tested too early???

It sounds silly i know but you do tend to clutch at straws dont you!!! they are meant to be very sensitive up to 6 days before af??

Maybe i will just wait for af and start again next cycle....thanks......moan over xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi
    I am in exactly the same position as you. I tested early with a FR and got a BFN and now wondering if it;s all over. The only thing I would say tho is that although FR market themselves as being able to detect early they actually only deyect HCG levels at 25units or more which is the same as most standard HPT's. I got some asda own brand ones today that are equally as sensitive but don't market themselves as an early predictor. Also bear in mind when did you ovulate? It taked around 10 days for implantation and only after this will you see the hcg start to rise rapidly so unless you are at least 10dpo then it's also likel;y that you have just tested too early. When will you test again?
  • Options
    Hi

Thanks for the reply, i am not 100% sure but i think im either 9 or 10 dpo but thats an educated guess, will get some asda tests then and thanks for that help, i think i may test again wednesday, Good luck to you and hope its your bfp xx
  • Options
    Hey sweety!
    !!!!STEP AWAY FROM THE TESTS!!!!
    I know it's so so hard not to POAS early but you could end up causing yourself so much grief, you must have seen it on here, it's so heartbreaking if the ladies get a bfp and it turns out to be a chemical. So it's best to wait 14dpo and then test. Its deffo not over at all ive known women who didn't get their BFP's till 18dpo! Some are just very shy!
    Hugs and i hope it's your BFP! XXXXXX
  • Options
    thank you for your kind words mrs til

I know exactly what you are saying testing early should not be done i have had 2 chem pg's in the past 3 months, you would think i would learn from my lesson!!!! I will be strong and not poas stick until af due date, thanks once again and hope all is great with you xxx
  • Options
    Aw sweetheart i'm so sorry to hear about your 2 chems, i wouldn't have mentioned it at all in my post if i had known! Me and my big mouth i'm sorry hun.
    I was a POAS addict but made a pact with a couple of girls on here we would would wait!
    Hugs and sorry again xxxx
  • Options
    no probs honestly!!

i have now made a pact with myself not to test early i will try my hardest not to cave in....thanks again xx
  • Options
    the accuracy at 4 days before your period is somewhere between 70% and 80% so it's entirely possible that it's a false negative

i would wait until wednesday at the earliest before testing again if you can hold out

http://www.firstresponse.com/kcAccuracy.asp