Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Miscarried Again

Hi ppl,

Was told I had PCOS years ago and might not be able to have children or carry full-term.
Had a miscarriage about 5 years ago but then I had a baby girl who is now 15 months old. I carried near enough full term with no problems and perfect labour (if there is such a thing) lol.
We decided to try for another baby and a month of trying I fell pregnant.
Two weeks ago I started bleeding. Called the out of hours doctors as it was a saturday and they said it was likely I was miscarry but nothing could be done until Monday as they would not be able to do a scan!!
I decided to go to A&E as was clotting very badly and the pain was horrid.
Was told to go to the EPU monday morning!!
Sunday I passed what was my baby while going to the toilet.
I think it is b*ll*cks that you are made to wait. If x-rays can be operated over the weekend why can't the scanners they use in maternity??
Sorry for going on but it really gets to me!!
Hope you are all ok.:\(

[Modified by: sexymummy2006 on 03 July 2007 18:06:25 ]

Replies

• Options
    oh sexymummy thats awful, its disgusting that we pay so much taxes and this is how we get treated!! how ridiculous! im sorry for your loss and i hope you recover soon all the best, hayley x
  • Options
    So sorry sexymummy,

Sending big hugs your way Xx
  • Options
    Thanks Hayley & Annette.It does make you wonder why we bother paying taxes!! I know there's nothing you can do to stop a miscarriage but at least they can help you come to terms with it and make it easier then having to make you wait and worry more than you already do.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your news. The process really takes the p*ss. Hope you are ok xx
  • Options
    Thanks Trackieann. Luckly enough I have a wonderful husband who was there every step with me and my daughter keeps me going & doesn't give me much time to think about it. The other thing that makes me laugh is they don't offer any support after. They send you home with a leaflet to read and that's it!!
  • Options
    hi so sorry to hear your news. ive had one mmc in april, to have 2 and no real support or help from hospital must be terrible.
    i hope your doing ok. big hugs
    love becsxx
  • Options
    Thanks becs.
    It's nice to talk to ppl who have experienced the same thing even thou it is horrible. I think that's the best way to deal with things like this.
    Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Big hugs back Jade x
  • Options
    hello,
    im sorry to hear of your loss. i hope your doing ok
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks Danix.
    I know it sounds weird but the sunday I passed my baby I actually kept it in the fridge for 2 days to take it to the hospital.
    My o/h hated it but in a way it helped me realise what had happened and the fact I got to see and hold it really helped.
    Disgusting I know sorry :\(
  • Options
    the treatment you recieved was awful.my sis had mc almost 4 yrs ago and still struggles 2 cope.if medical staff let you know wot was going on and there was adequate after care,maybe she would have been able to cope a little better by now.no need to put women through waiting and feeling more distressed.my sister was primarily taken to maternity ward by mistake!how pathetic is that?
  • Options
    I was 8 weeks.
    Its the worse thing seeing other women pregnant when you've just m/c reminds you of what you lost but they always send you to maternity!
    I completely agree with you Kelly, if they can run an x-ray machine why not a scan for pregnancy (Can't think of the correct word lol)
    Chanidoll I hope your sister can find a way of coming to terms with her loss, maybe suggest this site to her (if she's not already a member) it's excellent and the ppl are FAB!!
    Thanks every 1 for your responses.
    Big Hugs to you all
    Jade X

[Modified by: sexymummy2006 on July 03, 2007 09:16 PM]
  • Options
    Hi Jade,

Really sorry to hear your news. The treatment you had was awful! I was offered counselling and took it. Maybe they do it in your area too if you were interested. A lot of us on here had different experiences through our mcs.

I can understand you keeping the baby. I wanted to see what was removed from me but I forgot to ask. I didn't have a fetus in my case - just an empty sac at 12 weeks.

Anyway, it's good that you've come to terms with things so quickly and you sound positive. Come on here any time and have a good old rant!

Much love,

Jo x
  • Options
    No counselling was offered but I know I can get it if need be. I find it helps talking to ppl I know, Friends and family.
    I feel weird coz I cried all day the day I found out but haven't since. Is that wrong?:\?
  • Options
    hi im so sorry to hear your sad news.i think its terrible that a bad situation was made so much worse by the way you were treated.it really is a joke.they just treat you like a number,not a person with feelings.take care hun,lots of love to you,Gayle xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    It's not wrong to have cried all day when it happened and not again, hun - we all cope with things in different ways. As you are talking about things, and not bottling them up, I would say it's your way of coping and coming to terms with what has happened.

When you look at some of the stories about wasted resources etc, it is appalling that you were treated in that manner - unfortunately, it seems to happen far to often.