Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone else due to test this weekend? (update)

This is our first month of ttc and my af is due on Friday. I am not sure if we will be lucky enough to have succeed at the first try especially as I don't feel any different to normal so I am expecting it to be a negative. BUT can't help but get my hopes up. Wondered if anyone one else was going through this this week?

Jilly:\)

[Modified by: jillycat on 24 April 2007 17:10:58 ]

Replies

• Options
    Sadly not as only mid cycle...got to get oh interested in it all tonight!
    You may well do it. I did within about 5 wks of trying (though sadly had very early miscarriage) so you have as good a chance as anyone. Try to stay calm though and not over obsess (very hard not to do). Oh and let us know what happens x x x
  • Options
    Hi Jillycat, my af was due yesterday and its not here yet but think its on its way as I have bad cramping pains =( Its my first month ttc too. Good luck with yours and let us know how you get on! xx
  • Options
    thanks lizB and Justmarried
    I have promised myself I wont buy a test till I am definitely late at least 5days think that will be best and stop me getting to hopeful as just back from Honeymoon in Canada so may be late due to time zones etc. But not hopeful as have sore boobs and some pains!
    Fingers crossed for you this month Justmarried and your too LizB

Jillycat
  • Options
    Hi Jillycat, just wanted to say good luck, hope af stays away for you!! xxxx PS. Where did you go in Canada??? (I'm Canadian so love to hear about home!!!) xxxxx
  • Options
    thanks candygirl I hope it stays away too. We went skiing in Whistler for 10days was totally brill I love Canada would love to go back as would my OH.
    I had been to Canada 3 years ago with a friend and we drove lots of places including along the St lawerence river from Montreol to Quebec and over to both Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia. we went in Autum and the colours were fab as were the people. Where in Canada are you from?

Jillycat
  • Options
    Hi everyone
    My af is a day late but trying not to get to hopeful as think prob my body unsure what day it is due to jet lag and I keep get cramps which is not a good sign:\(
    Jilly
  • Options
    hi
    sorry for intruding as im already preg but when i found out i was pregnant after trying for 15 months i had crampin and sore boobs as per normal and was a couple days late when tested but was positive and you carry on having period cramps for weeks after. so may not be period pains? xx
  • Options
    didn't know you could have cramps?! Will try not to get hopeful though as would be more disappointed if it didn't happen. But thanks for crashing and telling me Hayelys1
    Jillycat
  • Options
    yeah dont want to build your hopes up sorry bout that but dont be alarmed if you test positive and you still get cramps i worried thinking it wasnt true and did 6 tests!!!!! but they are normal and feel the same as period pains. but im 38 weeks now so it must have been true!!! xxx
  • Options
    Hi Jillycat, any news? I got a positive on Friday after thinking my af was coming at any time due to cramping pains so you never know!! Good luck!! xxx
  • Options
    Hi Jillycat, I'm from Vancouver. I've got everything crossed for you that af stays away!!! PS. Congrats LizB!!!xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Still no af so 2 days late now trying to not test till later in the week in case just late af due to the travelling still getting some of the cramps to. Thanks for the thoughts candygirl.
    And congrats Liz B
  • Options
    JILLYCAT PLEASE TEST ASAP COS I'M ON TENDERHOOKS!!!! p.s. am also gatecrashing but i often come in here as it took me many years ttc so I know how everyone feels xx Come on woman....take that test! xxx

[Modified by: ClaireWeston on April 22, 2007 09:24 PM]
  • Options
    Hi everyone,
    Well here is the update! Af still hasn't arrived and I was due on on Friday. Really pleased I have held out on testing so long... BUT feel I can't wait much longer to know if I am pg or just my body is messed up from the travelling and time zones. So I have bought a test today and if AF not here in the morning going to test then. As I think that first wee of the day is supposed to be best and that way if do it then I have the best chance of the right result....

Thanks everyone including claireweston, LizB, candygirl and Hayleys1 for your best wishes just keep fingers crossed the wicked witch continues to stay away

Jilly
  • Options
    hi jilly,good luck for the morning,fingers crossed for you xx
  • Options
    Thanks gayle
    Really nervous if that makes sense scared it say a BFN and this is all in my head and a phantom pregnancy like pet dog used to have. Plus scared if positive that it is still a long way to go to having a healthy baby does that make sense or am I just neurotic!:lol:
    jilly
  • Options
    good luck for the morning x
  • Options
    yes it makes a lot of sense!!! Im gatecrashing too but i just wanted to wish you the best of luck*
  • Options
    hi jilly,yeh thats just how i feel when its time to test.its such an emotional time.xx
  • Options
    this forum's great image else where else can you talk about the nerves of this whole process and find people who don't think you are too mad for worrying etc and understand and provide support with this who ttc and pregnancy malarkey. :\)